Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
FX has a TCA panel in a few days. I hope they confirm series orders for this and Tyrant. Enough of that wait and see ****. You've already ordered scripts. Just get it done. :o

Jack Kesy has already been cast as Bolivar.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/cable-pilots-the-leftovers-quarry-the-strain-add-to-casts/

Also remind me as my memory's a bit rusty, what important role?
He's one of the four surviving passengers and he gradually turns into a vampire and at one point he loses his genitals, what then? I remember he's kind of a henchman to the Master, mind you I still haven't read the last book.

At the end of the 2nd book when The Master's Sardu body is damaged beyond repair by Setrakian and the nuclear explosion, TM possesses Bolivars body instead

So yeah, he has a pretty important role in the grand scheme of things.

At the end of the 2nd book when The Master's Sardu body is damaged beyond repair by Setrakian and the nuclear explosion, TM possesses Bolivars body instead

So yeah, he has a pretty important role in the grand scheme of things.

Oh right, that detail slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me, boy do I got to read the first two again before delving to the last one. :up:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/tca...alks-the-strain-game-plan-fx-brand-expansion/
Landgraf confirmed what Guillermo del Toro said when FX greenlighted a pilot for The Strain — that the project will have a limited run spanning three to five seasons. The Strain series, based on del Toro and Chuck Hogan’s vampire novel trilogy, will produce “39-65 episodes, no less, no more,” Landgraf said, adding “What if a television show could be just the length that is optimal for that story?” (The Strain‘s order is technically for a pilot but has a writing staff that has completed five scripts already, and a series pickup is considered a formality.)

I like that it'll have a set group of seasons. They can tell the story and that'll be that.

http://tvline.com/2013/08/12/the-strain-leslie-hope-fx/
Exclusive: 24's Leslie Hope Battles FX's Strain

24 vet Leslie Hope has succumbed to The Strain, FX’s Guillermo del Toro-helmed drama pilot, TVLine has learned exclusively.

From Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) and Del Toro (the Hellboy films, Pan’s Labyrinth), the high-concept thriller stars Corey Stoll (House of Cards) as Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of a Center for Disease Control team in New York City. Unexpectedly, the group is tasked with investigating a mysterious viral outbreak with the hallmarks of an ancient, evil strain of vampirism.

Hope, whose recent TV credits include NBC’s Revolution and ABC’s short-lived The River, will play Joan Luss, one of the few survivors of the outbreak. If the project lands a series order — a fait accompli, for all intents and purposes — Hope’s character would recur.

As TVLine reported, Hope is set to guest star on NCIS this fall as a high-level Navy official.

I dont remember her character in the books at all, she must have been in the 1st book as I definitely dont remember her in the 2nd and 3rd books which I read quite recently.

Now that Pacific Rim promotion is out of the way and all the roles in this have been cast, I wonder if they've started production on the pilot yet and how long it'll be before news of a series order hits.

I believe the pilot starts filming next month.

I recently read the comic adaptation of The Strain and my anticipation for the show has just gone up.:up:

Do you think they'll move The Strain over to FXX with that channel lacking dramas? Plus FX already has American Horror Story and 5-6 dramas/limited series set for 2014.

It's possible. I guess it depends on whether they will see this as something that can skew younger.

I believe the pilot starts filming next month.

I recently read the comic adaptation of The Strain and my anticipation for the show has just gone up.:up:

Did not know there was a comic-book adaptation! Will have to look into that. It'll have to be very good to top the actual book though which was superb.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/pilots-line-of-sight-strain-add-regulars/
Canadian actress Natalie Brown (Being Human) has booked the FX pilot The Strain, directed by Guillermo del Toro. It tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (Corey Stoll), the head of the Centers for Disease Control Canary Team who are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. Brown will play Eph’s ex-wife Kelly Goodweather fails to heed her husband’s warning about the contagion spreading in Manhattan. She replaces Lauren Lee Smith who was originally cast in the role. Brown, repped by Thruline and Amanda Rosenthal Talent, recurs on Canadian series Cracked and Bitten.

^Never seen her in anything but she has a big role to play in this, hope she is a good actress, though I have faith in GDT.

Dammit, FX, I need a series order already! Teaser art, a logo, anything! :argh:

Yeah its been a bit slow, but I cannot wait for this now, The Walking Dead and Sleepy Hollow will have to keep my fix on horror shows going until this hits.

I think they just got done filming.

Here's some news: Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad) is a writer-producer on it.

Now there's some good news. :up:

They've already got scripts written for after the pilot, so if/when it gets the series order, they can probably go right into production without skipping a beat.

Well thats good news, really looking forward to pilot, my only worry is that the 1st few episodes might seem a bit a slow for people not familiar with the story.

It took a while in the book for the **** to truly hit the fan.

Says on IMDB that Ramin Djawadi is scoring. :up:

^Awesome stuff, have loved some of his scores. Good God I hope this series goes the distance, some of the stuff in the 2nd and 3rd books just NEED to be seen on screen.

:dry:

Listen to his Game of Thrones score. NAOW! :cmad:

^Yep, thats the one that has really impressed me, and it seems to get better and better the longer the series goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"