Guitarists

So I had a 2010 Historic 1959 ES-335, wich I loved everything about...except that it was vintage sunburst, and I prefer cherry. Got a deal on a 2011 cherry of the same model, and testament to Gibson Custom's consistency, it felt and played just the same. So I'm selling the sunburst, and keeping the cherry...a guitar that I've lusted for since I was a kid but couldn't find one with a neck shape and feel that I liked until now.

With aged vintage-style pickup covers and reflector knobs (which is more a 1960 format, but love reflectors)...

330gsoy.jpg

2r7apvo.jpg

Also will try a small pickguard because I prefer the smaller ones on cherry ES-335s (making it more of a 1961), but we'll see which one I go with. But it looks like I FINALLY found my dream 'redhead'.....

2wgg64p.jpg

......oh, and a nice guitar, too. :D

Respect man, After checking out this thread you are way cooler than I thought you were. :woot:

That's....disturbing. What did you think of me before?

Actually...never mind. :O

That's a great looking 335 for sure.

And that redhead is damn fine too. :D

Kinda late to the thread, but I play a Epiphone g-400 sg with a Peavy Vyper.
562206_3641266280951_1696699372_n.jpg
It looks kinda a diffent now because I changed the pu switch to white along with the bridge pickup cover

So I had a 2010 Historic 1959 ES-335, wich I loved everything about...except that it was vintage sunburst, and I prefer cherry. Got a deal on a 2011 cherry of the same model, and testament to Gibson Custom's consistency, it felt and played just the same. So I'm selling the sunburst, and keeping the cherry...a guitar that I've lusted for since I was a kid but couldn't find one with a neck shape and feel that I liked until now.

With aged vintage-style pickup covers and reflector knobs (which is more a 1960 format, but love reflectors)...

330gsoy.jpg

2r7apvo.jpg

Also will try a small pickguard because I prefer the smaller ones on cherry ES-335s (making it more of a 1961), but we'll see which one I go with. But it looks like I FINALLY found my dream 'redhead'.....

2wgg64p.jpg

......oh, and a nice guitar, too. :D
Kinda late to the thread, but I play a Epiphone g-400 sg with a Peavy Vyper.
562206_3641266280951_1696699372_n.jpg
It looks kinda a diffent now because I changed the pu switch to white along with the bridge pickup cover

Sweet guitars, guys! Love the colors.

I have an SG too, but it's just a knockoff. The action's pretty bad, but the sound's alright; especially when it gets dirty.

My Strat's a knockoff too, but the sound is amazing. Well, at least, for me, it is.

I'm not a guitarist but I was hoping that in this thread you can talk about guitarists in general in famous bands because I have been mulling over this a lot lately ever since the original members of KISS were inducted into the Hall Of Fame. It's just brought up some thoughts that I'd had from years back when Ace Frehley was replaced by Tommy Thayer as the Spaceman character that Ace created. What has been floating around in my head and has been in the back of my mind since Tommy donned the Spaceman costume is the level of hatred he personally and to a lesser degree Eric Singer have endured because of creative decisions that weren't theirs. What has been the main thought in my head is the mixed feelings I have because yes, the Spaceman was Ace Frehley but Tommy Thayer is equally as talented a guitar player as well with or without the Spaceman persona which is something the militant fans seem to disregard. I guess this confusion is similar to being a child smack in the midst of a horrible divorce and custody battle. I mean I understand that given the personalities involved the original lineup is not quite good bedfellows professionally because of their varying intentions in spite of all the memories they created in the early days. I completely understand why Ace was replaced with Tommy, but I could also understand Ace's side of the story too. I've always taken the middle ground in the whole Ace vs. Tommy debate. Personally I just think that they're both great guitarists for the band in their own ways. I'm just interested in your thoughts not just as music fans but guitarists too. You'd have more of an insight than I do not knowing how to play even the most basic of chords on a guitar.

I own a couple Fender Telecasters one American, One MIM, and a Les Paul.

Any guitar players on these forums? I have my first gig next weekend and I've never been more nervous. #pleasehelp

I use to play bass in a punk band. Gigs a really fun. Watch some videos of your favorite band and visualize yourself in their position when you're on stage. Don't worry about looking stupid. There's nothing stupid about getting yourself out there.

I finally got myself a 7 string for my birthday in October. It's and LTD. Sounds way better than the old BC Rich I'd been playing for years. I bought it because the 15 year old in me always wanted to play Korn songs. Mission Accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"