Guy Ritchie's Revolver?

Carmine Falcone said:
[BLACKOUT]The way I see it, is that Macha thinks that Jake Green is Sam Gold. But Macha doesn't know that Gold actually is greed. He thinks Gold is a powerful crime boss. And he thinks Jake Green is actually Sam Gold. If he shoots himself, Green can't kill him. [/BLACKOUT]

Okay , i get it.
So Macha does fear Sam Gold . HE thinks that Sam Gold is a real threat , like so many do. ANd because he knows that he can't defeat Sam Gold and/or fears the whole drug deal result , he shoots himself.
Makes sense .

Rnhx for the explanation :woot: . I'll definately watch the movie from a different POV tonight :word:

matrix_ghost said:
Okay , i get it.
So Macha does fear Sam Gold . HE thinks that Sam Gold is a real threat , like so many do. ANd because he knows that he can't defeat Sam Gold and/or fears the whole drug deal result , he shoots himself.
Makes sense .

Yep, that's it.

Here are some screenshots, for no reason:

revolvergreen2yj0.png

revolvergreen3uf0.png

revolvergreenof8.png

revolvermachapaulvm9.png

revolverzacher9.png

revolversorter2xf4.png

Man , this movie seriously does rock.
I watched it the second time ( thnx again carmine :word: ) and man oh man does it kick ash.

Suddenly all the stuff makes sense ( why that sopranos guy forced Jake to stay in the elevator).

In fact i upgraded it from a 6/10 to a 8.5/10

Yes, this really is a movie that you can't judge after you've seen it once.. I've seen it 4 times and I rate it 9/10. I'm glad you like it better now. :up:

i feel bad for this guy his career gets over shadowed by his media rut of a wife.

I feel sorry for the fact he can't do anything right anymore. When he tries something new. He gets flamed. When he does something in the vain of his first, popular movies, he gets flamed because ''he can't do anything else'' and because ''Lock Stock is till better''. Just wait and see untill RockNRolla comes out. It's insanely unfair.

This movie was absolutely amazing. Downloaded it a long time ago to watch it, really really great. Entertaining the first go round, takes more viewings to flesh out your views on some of the stranger elements.

I think this movie is beyond brilliant! its so damn cool! I eagerly await the Us DVD release.

I read about the changes that were made for the US cut of the film, I urge anybody who has only seen the US version to watch the UK version. Because they cut some really cool scenes...

...What!? What did they cut?! I've only seen the UK one over my computer, but I planned on getting the US DVD. WtF? First the Descent, now this..

...What!? What did they cut?! I've only seen the UK one over my computer, but I planned on getting the US DVD. WtF? First the Descent, now this..

I read that the cut [BLACKOUT]the 3 Eddie story, Sorter's death and the final scene with Macha's suicide (making it the last time Green sees Macha the Fear me scene)[/BLACKOUT] they added some things aswell, a few shots that can be seen in the US trailer, Paul and Macha talking about Green in the back of a car an Paul lighting a member of Lord John's gang on fire in a mortuary.

I haven't seen the US cut, but I'm curious about it, I'd like to see it.

Wow. Weird. It's not like they changed stuff up to make more sense, but rather just cut stuff out for ... what reason, again?!

I have no idea... It's weird, I don't know if Ritchie recut it himself or not..

Ugh. Bought it yesterday, watched it today. The film is a shell of it's former greatness. It seems a lot more clear cut and spoon fed, and perhaps worst of all- it now has end credits. Complete with a bunch of doctors explaining the Id and the Ego, Superego, etc, and how they work against one another.

Luckily I've only seen the original UK cut.

More things that suck- the creative subtitles are gone. The added scene in the beginning of Macha and Paul explaining a ton of crap that didn't need explaining. A "Two Years later" that I don't remember being there. if it was, it's still gay. Sordid not dying. The whole ****ing end of the movie being gone. What a mess. I need the original cut on DVD.

I read that the cut [blackout]the 3 Eddie story, Sorter's death and the final scene with Macha's suicide (making it the last time Green sees Macha the Fear me scene)[/blackout] they added some things aswell, a few shots that can be seen in the US trailer, Paul and Macha talking about Green in the back of a car an Paul lighting a member of Lord John's gang on fire in a mortuary.

I would of liked to see that movie instead.

Finally saw this.

Judging from the posts here, I would really love to see the UK cut. I watched the US version last weekend, and didn't totally understand the plot. I mean I did, it was just....yeah ok? Still enjoyed it, I loved Macha's line, "Jesus Paul! Why don't you just ****ing rape me?"

^God-like genius right there.

Visually, the film is so slick, so stylish. Every shot looked like it took weeks to plan. That alone makes this film worth at least one watch.

Oh and Sorter, what an awesome hitman he was. His small role made the movie version of 47 look like a child.

Here are some screenshots, for no reason
revolversorter2xf4.png

He was a great character.

I fear all the changes. the UK cut definitely sounds better (Ive seen the UK one but not the US one). Its a pretty good film but not Ritchies best.

I may watch it tonight since I havent seen it in years

I still haven't seen Lock Stop and Smoking Guns or whatever it was called. I want to check this one out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"