Guy Wants To Change His Age ‘Because Transgender People Can Change Gender’

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
age-change.jpg

A man in the Netherlands thinks he should legally be able to change his age because transgender people can change their gender.

69-year-old Emile Ratelband wants to reverse the ticking clock of life to make himself legally 49 again, allowing him to go back to work and potentially attract more girls on Tinder – his reasoning, not mine.

Emile, who is an entrepreneur and self-help guru, has been told by doctors he has the body of a 45-year-old despite being born way back in the 40s.

The doctor’s assessment inspired the pensioner to take action against his years and launch a legal battle to change his birthday from March 11, 1949 to March 11, 1969.

I suppose at least he’s stopped at being 20 years younger, which is technically still older than his body supposedly looks.

Emile’s local authority refused to amend his age on official documents, and now the determined man is suing them, arguing if transgender people are allowed to change sex, he should be allowed to change his date of birth.

Fighting his corner, the 69-year-old explained:

"I have done a check-up and what does it show? My biological age is 45 years.

When I’m 69, I am limited. If I’m 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work."

He continued:

"When I’m on Tinder and it say I’m 69, I don’t get an answer. When I’m 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position.

Transgenders can now have their gender changed on their birth certificate, and in the same spirit there should be room for an age change."

The Dutchman argued he encounters problems in society on a daily basis because of his age, including discrimination from companies who are reluctant to hire a pensioner.

Emile also pointed out changing his age would be good news for the government as he would be renouncing his pension until he reaches retirement age again.

His case has now gone to a court in the city of Arnhem in the eastern Dutch province of Gelderland, where the judge had some sympathy as he recognised people changing their gender would once have been unthinkable, much like changing your age.

Despite the understanding, the court admitted there would be practical problems in allowing people to change their birth date, as it would mean legally deleting part of their lives.

The judge explained what they meant by asking Emile what would become of his early years between 1949 and 1969, saying:

"For whom did your parents care in those years? Who was that little boy back then?"

The court is due to deliver a written ruling within four weeks, so we’ll have to see if Emile gets his way…

Him lumping himself in with transgender people is irksome. Transgender people don’t just randomly decide they wanna be the opposite gender for the hell of it.

And there’s already some of the peanut gallery in the community thread about the same subject equating the two.

The first, most immediate response is the obvious: gender change is not the same as a chronological change. We can change a person's gender, we can't change a person's age because no one has invented time travel yet. And when we do you can be sure some idiot will find a way to immediately wreck history.

kinda defeats the point of changing your age if you go public about doing so... anyone can lie about their age, he just wants it on a legal document/ or on his ID to proof it... but ironically if he does actually win this case he'll be publicly known/semi-famous for it, an everyone will know his ID isn't real anyway

I think he's got the right idea lol, I now identify as 65 year old and would like to announce my retirement :funny:
Haha, this is turning out to be a great day for everyone. :D:

I'm from the Netherlands and this guy has been a media personality for decades. He is known to be controversial and horny for attention, so this is just an elaborate stunt.

Thanks for the context. Clears it up a lot, IMO.

Chaundo Tan or Halle Berry could certainly make the case.

Well it (probably) is rather unfair if employers do discriminate against older people, which probably does happen, there should be some way to reduce that from happening whether it be that it's OK to write something younger than is true or it shouldn't be asked in the application process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"