guyverjay's scanorama

You guys know that Superman fought for a thousands years in Vallhalla (sp?) and was fighting with the DC universe's equivalent of Thor? Thor was eventually killed in the war though, and Superman took Mjonlir. How I hate DC and cheese like that at times. Superman fights for thousands of years while only a couple of hours pass on Earth? I read that JLA story where they where all stuck in that parasite place where all of those mites where or whatever, but the whole Vallahalla thing really pushed it...

First off Jay, you are the man!! Second, can you post the Marvel/DC all access 1 and 4? I have heard that Venom man handled Superman. I and wanted to know who won the JLA/Xmen fight. Also Gambit vs. Nightwing fight that I keep hearing about.

Sounds like your slowly nurturing your hate for superman:p

Eh, Im getting there. I mean, I liked Superman in Kingdom Come, Superman Peace on Earth, Superman for all Seasons, Superman Oydessy, and a couple of other titles, but he just so damned inconsistent the character is no fun at times. I mean, they re booted his title years ago to make the character more human and less god like, and what did they do? they went and ****ed everything up again. I want to see him deal with more human things instead of pushing around planets, dealing with some cosmic threat, or whatever.

About the closest they've ever come was a couple of years back when he dealed with spousal abuse, those where really good. It showed Superman busting into this guys house and stopping the husband from beating his wife, and Superman caught hell for it, from the wife. All of the power he posses's and he couldent do anything. The woman ends up being killed and Superman almost kills that guy because he's so angry...he was ragged looking, angry, human. A couple of good things, shows him as being more realalistic, more human, more entertaining... Thats why I like the Hulk so damned much, so deep, so understandable, so much fun. He's just a loose character, he can be funny as hell (The Big Change GN - him trying to "smash" the rain, and he cant do anything about it and ends up in the mud frustated, the things he says sometimes) or the most bad ass, most awesome, and one of the most powerful hero's in the MU.

He can go mindless and kill hundreds...or save the world and be compassinate, fall in love. Make a human friend, or be the last human on Earth, watching everyone die without remorse. because he's become so sick of everyone and everything. Or he can be a mean, loose cannon, like when he turned Grey. As he said "Im not that big brainless lug that liked beans and puppy dogs", a whole other dimension to his character right there. You get the point. I just want to see Superman stop being such a damned high and mighty unbeatable world icon and being a slightly more down to earth, human, more beatable character...

The problem is he's SUPERMAN. You can't weaken him without weakening everyone else

Originally posted by Docker
First off Jay, you are the man!! Second, can you post the Marvel/DC all access 1 and 4? I have heard that Venom man handled Superman. I and wanted to know who won the JLA/Xmen fight. Also Gambit vs. Nightwing fight that I keep hearing about.

I wish I could help but I don't have all access.

Crap!!! How about the Spiderman vs. Superboy fight? Captain America vs. Batman, Wonder Woman vs. Storm. last but not least, Thanos vs. Darkseid. I heard these fights took place in the Marvel vs. DC but never saw it.

Originally posted by guyverjay
The problem is he's SUPERMAN. You can't weaken him without weakening everyone else
Too true. Superman's the pinnacle of the heroes at DC, which means he's gotta literally be the most physically powerful (barring dudes like the Spectre, though I suspect he could take some cosmics on, too). That's one thing I've gotta hand to Marvel: they're better at turning ideals on their head. 2 of Marvel's most powerful are practically villains right now and their most heroic character is just a regular human.

Thanos vs Darkseid wasn't really a fight but I'll post the others

I just thought, I broke my own rule.

JLA/Avengers is a New comic:mad:

:(

thanos2_2.jpg

last94.jpg

Why did you make up a rule like that in the first place? :confused:

A lot of the stuff people are going to want to see is going to be on the newer side...

There have been Superman version's that are beyond the level of The Spectre...Superman with the SOS, Superman 1 Million? He was beating ripping down the gates of heaven or whatever and Arachangel Micheal wasnt even trying to stop him...

Originally posted by guyverjay
I just thought, I broke my own rule.

JLA/Avengers is a New comic:mad:

:(
I noticed that too, but it was my request so I didn't say anything. :D
Originally posted by Mr. X
There have been Superman version's that are beyond the level of The Spectre...Superman with the SOS, Superman 1 Million? He was beating ripping down the gates of heaven or whatever and Arachangel Micheal wasnt even trying to stop him...
Didn't Asmodean kick his ass in JLA?

Originally posted by Mr. X
Why did you make up a rule like that in the first place? :confused:

A lot of the stuff people are going to want to see is going to be on the newer side...

If the comic is new go out and buy it I say:o

Don't want to get on your nerves Jay, but how those other fights? Spiderman/Superboy, Storm/Wonder Woman, Captain America/Batman, Wolverine/Lobo(Just added that one). Well Jay, since Thanos and Darkseid didn't fight, who do you think would win if they did go at it?

I didn't say they didn't fight, just that it wasn't really much of a fight.

But some people just want to have images to bring up if the opportunity ever arises (like me) and some people just want a sample of the comic. Kind of like downloading music, some people just want a little sample. I know there are people who just ****e the music and never buy anything, but there probably are people that would go out and buy a comic after seeing a wee little bit of it. And Im not exactly sure JLA Avengers is worth the 5.95 cover price anyhow... :o

who won then? Let me guess, Darkseid. well in your opinion, who do YOU think will win?

And Im not sure about that Corpulent...Iv never actually read it myself, just heard stuff about it here and there, pretty much how I know just about everything I know...Iv only been into comics seriously for 6 months, if that... :)

my last post was to Jay. to Mr. X, JLA/Avengers isn't worth 2 cent.

You scanned one of the Spider Man vs. Superboy pic's upside down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"