Gyllenhaal and Biel Get Nailed

Marsden always manages to lose the girls somehow. Lol. Is it in his contract, "must be the nice guy who loses the girl to someone else"? Lois. Jean Gray. The Enchanted Princess. Etc.

Caan out Brolin in

Brolin Replaces Caan in Nailed
May 7th, 2008 by James Cook | Source: The Hollywood Reporter

James Brolin is replacing James Caan in David O. Russell’s Nailed, with Kirstie Alley and Olivia Crocicchia also boarding the politically charged romantic comedy, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Caan departed the film three weeks ago, in large part because of a spat with Russell about the proper way for his politico character to choke on a cookie. Brolin can turn to his son Josh for advice: The younger Brolin will portray George W. Bush choking on a pretzel in a scene from Oliver Stone’s upcoming biopic.

Alley will play a veterinarian who fails to remove a nail from the head of her niece (Jessica Biel). The injured woman travels to Washington to fight for better health care with the help of a disgruntled youth (Crocicchia) and falls for a congressman, played by the already cast Jake Gyllenhaal.

The film is currently shooting and will hit theaters sometime in 2009.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.c...leave-jessica-biel-jake-gyllenhall-sidelined/

ON SET DRAMA UPDATE: SAG Orders Actors On David O. Russell Film To Leave; Jessica Biel & Jake Gyllenhall Sidelined

EXCLUSIVE! 2ND UPDATE: I'm told by knowledgeable sources that David O. Russell's indie political comedy Nailed which began filming in April was shut down by the Screen Actors Guild on Friday because of insufficient funds on deposit with the guild. I've also learned the Columbia, S.C. shoot is in trouble with both IATSE and Teamsters, and some of those union members have left the beleaguered $25 million budgeted production. Rumors also are circulating that the state of South Carolina could withdraw its incentive monies because of the financing problems. Filmmakers hope to resolve the cash crunch and re-start shooting next week since principal photography is only at the halfway point. "I am confident we will finish," an insider on the pic just told me. "The financing on this like most indies is based on bank loans and bridge loans. This is a matter of waiting on the bridge loan. Hopefully, it will all be resolved." David Bergstein's Capitol Films is behind the pic. In 2006, he acquired the UK-based international sales company which over the years has built a good reputation and made a wide range of commercial and critical successes, including Robert Altman's Gosford Park.

The filmmakers were able to get in a full day of shooting Thursday until SAG put its figurative foot down to protect its members during traditionally more dicey independent productions. I'm told co-stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel and the other name actors are all standing by to see if the movie can continue to completion. Some left the location for the weekend to spend Mothers Day with their families. My sources say James Brolin, who replaced Jimmy Caan after the veteran thesp got into a creative battle with Russell and quit, flew in early in the week and completed all his scenes before the movie was shut down. An insider confirms for me: "It's been touch and go the entire time. The financiers are doing the best they can. There's been a cash crunch, that's for sure. It's a drag, but they'll muddle through. Everyone seems happy and committed to the movie and hopeful all this stuff will get worked out."

The script is based on the novel Sammy's Hill authored by Al Gore's daughter Kristin (once a staff writer on the TV series Futurama) who co-wrote the script with Russell. The pic's predicament is unrelated to its helmer. True, the temperamental director is known for turbulent shoots especially when it comes to actors. Already on Nailed, Jimmy Caan stalked off the South Carolina set two weeks ago after he and the helmer couldn't agree on the best way for the actor to choke to death on a cookie during a scene. The film focuses on a naive small town waitress (Biel) who gets a nail lodged in her head and discovers a new-found sexual drive. When she travels to Washington to fight for better health care for the "bizarrely injured", she meets an unscrupulous U.S. congressman (Gyllenhaal) who attempts to take advantage of her. Brolin plays the U.S. Speaker Of The House. The movie also stars James Marsden, Catherine Keener, and Tracy Morgan. Those are a lot of name actors to be sidelined. One source with insider knowledge about the production told me Friday, "The actors are waiting to see if the movie will continue. It's kind of amazing, really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"