The Original Bamfer

Big, Bald and Beautiful
Reaction score
This...
...is the official beginning...
...of Hype! Idol...
...SEASON 2!

HI2logo.png

We are officially back with a new and improved (we hope :o) season of that Hype! game where you get to hear people sing n'stuff! I, your lovely host, will present the awe-inspiring performances of your fellow Hype!sters Tuesday nights so you, the Community, can vote on who you like best each week. Then, on the following Wednesdays, the results will be posted, eliminating contestants one-by-one (usually :ninja:) until we're down to one... the next Hype! Idol!

Now, let's get some technical, not-so-interesting stuff taken care of before we get started with the epic fun. Check out the spoilers and the spoilers within the spoilers below for the lowdown!

In the spoiler below is a little diagram explaining what will be expected of each person involved:

HI2WeeklyRundown.jpg

I highly recommend that participants study the diagram above - it gives you a general idea of how much time you will be given each week to complete your tasks. If you, participants, have any further questions, feel free to ask them in this thread.

In the next set of spoilers is this season's schedule.

HI2Schedule.jpg

This may change due to how many contestants we start with, and how many we have each week thereafter. We hope to start Week 1 with 12 contestants. If we have more than that, the judges will be responsible for eliminating the remaining contestants. If we have less than that, well, the schedule can and will adapt to that. But, of course, we'd love to get as many auditions as possible! So, please! AUDITION!

Speaking of auditioning, which this week is all about, if you'd like to audition, this mass of words is for you! If you audition, that means you are automatically a contestant, and if you make it to the first week, then you will be responsible for some very simple things. Per usual, to keep things tidy, we have these responsibilities in spoilers below!

If you would like to participate in Hype! Idol Season 2, you must first audition. Auditioning is exactly like every other week, only the Community does not vote, you will be given an extra day and, depending on how many folks audition, you may or may not be in danger or being eliminated.

Each week, you must:
- Choose a Hype!-appropriate and theme-appropriate song and immediately inform the host(s) of your choice.
- Practice and record the song.
- Upload the song to zSHARE.
- Send in the song before or by the deadline given each week.
- Include the title and original artist of the song when you send in the performance.
- Complete any additional task and send it in by the given deadline.

Notes/Rules:
- Frequently check your private messages and always read messages from the host(s).
- Never discuss weekly themes until the 'Performance Show' thread, featuring the theme is posted.
- Never discuss your song choice unless it is privately with a host.
- Always hand in your performance by the deadline. You may be automatically eliminated if you can not meet the deadline.
- If you know you can not meet the deadline, please inform the host(s).

In terms of the general details, I think that's it! Finally!

Who will be judging your hard work each week? Well, let me introduce to you the four weekly judges!

He writes and performs genius parodies which can be found on his YouTube channel, loves musical theatre and was in our final two last season! You guessed it! Our first judge is JP!

Our second judge is big, bold and red, an aspiring screenwriter and vocalist who has released his own albums featuring his own songs... this one's a toughie, huh? It's no other than Hip-Hop lovin' Cmill216!

She's drunk, angry, flirtatious and Canadian! She likes big butts and she can not lie! Need I say more? Star meets our female judge quota this season!

And last and certainly least is our final judge... he's been banned twice, loves shoes, adores beer and chocolate... together... and was a pretty serious DJ in his day. It's the Hype!'s own Asian zombie, knowsbleed!

Now we're ready to get things really rollin'. If you want to audition and haven't yet told me so, please respond in this thread with some, uh, related words.

So far, these folks have confirmed that they'll be sending in auditions:

AlexiaDark
AndThePickles
E-Man
imaperson2
KenshinAtrain
Majik1387
Manic
NotAHenchWench

Now, there is no theme for the auditions week. So, you can choose any song you'd like as long as it's Hype!-appropriate. Unlike other weeks, you do NOT have to confirm your audition choices. Remember NOT to post them in any thread - they must only be sent to me in a private message. Feel free to be early! Oh, and be sure to create an account at eSnips so you can upload your song before sending it in!

I guess that's all for today. Obviously, there will be no 'show'/thread tomorrow since we have no results! So, we'll see you again around the same time next week!

I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN AUDITIONS ARE DUE!

Oh, and, if you see my little helper, Showtime, anywhere... please let me know. :up:

Bamfer out!

Last edited:
Yay!!!

I'm surprised Spoons didn't come back to judge season 2. What would Randy say?

Yay!!!

I'm surprised Spoons didn't come back to judge season 2. What would Randy say?

While Spoons was an awesome judge, I wanted either the same exact set of judges back or an entirely new panel. And since you are performing, well, I had to go with the latter! I can't wait to hear what this new group has to say, though, haha.

Apparently zSHARE's not working for everyone. So, I guess I'll have to give something else a try. Sendspace, however, will not do since I'm sure the Community probably will not want to download several performances each week. So, we need to try a website that will allow you to stream the performance when you click the link. Which is what zSHARE is supposed to do. It works for Pickles' submission, but, hers is a wav file, so...

Hurray! Now Manic's the popular one!
[/Zoidberg]

wow that banner is beautiful

what about myspace? cant someone just put up like a paint image of their username with the audio playing behind it? bamf couldmake a Hype Idol YouTube channel.

wow that banner is beautiful

what about myspace? cant someone just put up like a paint image of their username with the audio playing behind it? bamf couldmake a Hype Idol YouTube channel.

That's an idea, but I really have no desire to have my voice up on youtube... people are hideously cruel.

Yeah, the Hype is one thing, but Youtube comments are just plain twisted. Also, disturbingly racist. You'd be surprised how often you see the N-word thrown around in the comments of the most innocent videos.

Yeah, the Hype is one thing, but Youtube comments are just plain twisted. Also, disturbingly racist. You'd be surprised how often you see the N-word thrown around in the comments of the most innocent videos.

That, and you wouldn't believe the things some people will say. For every one good comment, there's six others who tell you to go off yourself for whatever reason. It's not a nice thing.

My webcam is ****ed up and skips. I can only record audio... which cannot be uploaded to youtube (and my microsoft movie maker quit on me).

Uploading to youtube is a pain in the butt, I'd rather not have to do that.

There needs to be a new version of putfile :csad:

Can't you guys just use Myspace or Youtube to host videos or just a video with only audio of the people singing? Everybody can get to youtube for sure.

Uploading to youtube is a pain in the butt, I'd rather not have to do that.

There needs to be a new version of putfile :csad:

Help me remember here...but doesn't it take like 10 minutes just to upload a video on youtube? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"