Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' - New Original Series on USA

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
11351159_920339438033000_3124795226932397734_n.png

About: MR. ROBOT is a psychological thriller that follows Elliot (Rami Malek, “24”), a young programmer, who works as a cyber security engineer by day and a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot finds himself at a crossroads when the mysterious leader (Christian Slater, “The Adderall Diaries”) of an underground hacker group recruits him to destroy the corporation he is paid to protect. Compelled by his personal beliefs, Elliot struggles to resist the chance to take down the multinational CEOs he believes are running (and ruining) the world. The series also stars Portia Doubleday (“Her”), Carly Chaikin (“Suburgatory”) and Martin Wallström (“Simple Simon”).
Mr. Robot: Official Trailer
[YT]Ug4fRXGyIak[/YT]

Watch the first episode of Mr. Robot NOW before it premieres: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX5R2xqZWND8nJqGTvel3nw

Just finished watching the first episode on Hulu.

My only complaint is that I now have to wait a month for the next episode. Christian Slater was even bearable.

Really good first episode.

It reminded of Fight Club a little bit.

Last edited:
My only complaint is that I now have to wait a month for the next episode. Christian Slater was even bearable.
Yeah, I got done with it lats night on USA Now, and I was shocked that I liked it so much. Now I have to wait a full month for the second episode. I should've just waited for it to release as normal.

So far, so good.

they've been showing so many commercials on USA

For those of you who have seen it is it just people complaining about technology the whole time like the commercials make it out to be?

wow, I don't think I've ever heard of a series being renewed for a second season when the first season hasn't even begun airing... though if the rest of the series is anything like the pilot which I've seen a couple of weeks ago when it was leaked online, I KNOW that I'm gonna like it... it really IS pretty good, I think...

One of the best pilots I've watched in a long time. I hope the rest of the season is on par with it.

I really love the score for this show.
[YT]ambwtxIajHU[/YT]
[YT]Xq9iQlTbdio[/YT]

Last edited:
I usually avoid hacker-themed movies and TV because the writing usually comes off as cringey and tech illiterate, but thankfully there were only two or three such moments in the pilot. Also I thought the show was pretty good overall.

wow, I don't think I've ever heard of a series being renewed for a second season when the first season hasn't even begun airing... though if the rest of the series is anything like the pilot which I've seen a couple of weeks ago when it was leaked online, I KNOW that I'm gonna like it... it really IS pretty good, I think...

I'm pretty sure Better Call Saul and Star Wars Rebels were both renewed before their first seasons aired.

And The Expanse was renewed already and hasn't yet aired, from what I've heard.

Damn this show is good, really starting to buy into the theory that Mr Robot isn't real.

Yeah, last night's episode was really good.

This show is magnificent... it's like Utopia (UK) and House Of Cards (US) had a baby.

The look, direction, acting, writing, and characters are all top notch... dare I say it, this show is outdoing everything on HBO right now.

Damn this show is good, really starting to buy into the theory that Mr Robot isn't real.

I get a Tyler Durden from Fight Club vibe about Mr Robot.
Darlene remind me of Marla as well.

I wonder if Tyrell's name is a little nod to Blade Runner?

Last edited:

I'm thinking that a lot of this isn't real. Who names their corporation EvilCorp? Then Mr. Robot and the arcade crew feel like they are really only there in Elliot's consciousness. I'm expecting [BLACKOUT]Elliot not having access to his usual drug routine after getting the drug dealer busted[/BLACKOUT] to start answering some of these questions.

Just watched the first episode and I love it! Really digging it so far. I'll watch the 2nd episode when I get up tomorrow

Come on guys, we all know hackers look more like Chris Hemsworth than this scrawny guy, :D

Seriously, this show is awesome. You never know where it's going.

Just watched episode 2 and I'm officially in love with this show. Really digging it. I also am intrigued by the Mr. Robot is in his head theory. Can't wait for the next episode

I'm thinking that a lot of this isn't real. Who names their corporation EvilCorp? Then Mr. Robot and the arcade crew feel like they are really only there in Elliot's consciousness. I'm expecting [BLACKOUT]Elliot not having access to his usual drug routine after getting the drug dealer busted[/BLACKOUT] to start answering some of these questions.

The company is E corp, he said in the first episode that when he hear or sees it he automatically replaces it with Evil Corp. That also gives some credence to the Mr. Robot is in his head theory

So... Tyrell and his wife are an interesting pair... :D

Just watched episode 2 and I'm officially in love with this show. Really digging it. I also am intrigued by the Mr. Robot is in his head theory. Can't wait for the next episode

The company is E corp, he said in the first episode that when he hear or sees it he automatically replaces it with Evil Corp. That also gives some credence to the Mr. Robot is in his head theory

exactly we see the world filtered through his brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"