Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' - New Original Series on USA

How were you able to watch it? USA pushed it back an hour for a live red carpet. It’s not airing for another 15min.

My nails are real short after that episode.
I'm still reeling over how good of an episode that was! And can we just take a moment to acknowledge Elliot Villar's chilling performance as Vera? The guy is highly underrated in my opinion. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I know Esmail isn't big on superhero films, but he'd nevertheless be a great fit for Batman further down the road.

How were you able to watch it? USA pushed it back an hour for a live red carpet. It’s not airing for another 15min.

It was pushed up two hours for some dumb awards show...

I'm a little surprised that this show doesn't have a bigger following on the Hype.

I'm so confused as to why Vera NEEDS Elliot? I felt like we were done with his character and we're wasting time with him now.

Also leave Krista alone, she did nothing wrong.

I'm so confused as to why Vera NEEDS Elliot? I felt like we were done with his character and we're wasting time with him now.

Also leave Krista alone, she did nothing wrong.

I imagine that he's looking to expand his criminal enterprise on an international scale, and that's something he can't do without Elliot's considerable talents. If I'm being honest, I'm glad he came back into the picture. His return gives Elliot another opportunity to get justice for Shayla, as her murder went unavenged.

I don't know why, but I loved the epilogue to Vera's story of the kid with the bat visiting the bully in the hospital and seeing him for who he really was at his most vulnerable.

There was a brief moment when we saw Krista doing something when she had her hands tied. I couldn't tell if she was just struggling, but the fact that we got that brief shot made me think she was trying to escape or get herself. As we saw, that wasn't the case, so I guess she was just struggling.

Yeah, both Elliot Villar and Gloria Reuben deserve props for the strong performances they delivered in that scene. And I can't be the only one who laughed out loud at Krista's reaction to Vera's, "Did you just call me a little *****?" The look on her face was priceless! lol

I'm so confused by this season. I mean, yeah, that was a bit of a revelation there, but why did we waste so much time on Vera for him to just go out like that? I like these individual episodes, but I also know this is the end, and yet, I feel like nothing is being wrapped up. People are just slowly being killed off one by one. Angela, Tyrell, Vera, Mr. Robot(I assume). Is this going to be a Lost style finale, where he was dead/dying the whole time in a purgatory-like setting?

But I did like the episode. I thought it was tense, and I liked how it was shot and paced. It was very claustrophobic in that room. I really liked it....but I just keep thinking that this is it. Where is this going?

The most painful part of it all was
watching Elliot get manipulated by another abuser. With no means of protection or escape, the tragic cycle continues.
Truly heartbreaking.

I know it goes without saying, but this episode was an emotional roller coaster and then some. Elliot's discovery feels all the more poignant when you take into account the physical abuse he also suffered at the hands of his mother. And how is Mr. Robot, a persona made in the likeness of Elliot's dad, affected by all this? I imagine it won't be long now before the second personality emerges and maybe even supplants him.

Utterly destroyed me. Wow, who knew another revelation would induce another rematch even though we just did that...

Now it makes more sense on why Elliot wouldn't recognize Mr. Robot as a fictional version of his dad. And, all of the mom stuff makes more sense. Her silence speaks volumes, and his blind hate (yet, never gave up on her - like Darlene did) was all stemmed from a neglect type situation or she never knew and that hurt more than her hiding the notion of Edward's abuse.

I'm so confused by this season. I mean, yeah, that was a bit of a revelation there, but why did we waste so much time on Vera for him to just go out like that? I like these individual episodes, but I also know this is the end, and yet, I feel like nothing is being wrapped up. People are just slowly being killed off one by one. Angela, Tyrell, Vera, Mr. Robot(I assume). Is this going to be a Lost style finale, where he was dead/dying the whole time in a purgatory-like setting?

But I did like the episode. I thought it was tense, and I liked how it was shot and paced. It was very claustrophobic in that room. I really liked it....but I just keep thinking that this is it. Where is this going?

I very much enjoy these micro episodes, the show has essentially always been that, just not to this extent. When there is this much climaxing at once in/around Elliot, this is beautiful. Always wish LOST did this with the island closing arc, instead of splicing it with those "flash sideways" when those could have been saved for a swan song 4-6 episodes as a nice "homage" or retrospective on the whole series.

Remember, each season usually only is 8-12 weeks of these character's lives. We're still in 2015. We only ever started in March of 2015...

• Season 1.0
[03.26 - 05.12]

• Season 2.0

[05.12/06.11 - 08.08]

• Season 3.0

[08.14 - 10.23]

• Season 4.0

[10.23/12.21 - (currently 12.26)]

Typically, I find Mr. Robot to be endlessly creative and unpredictable. But about halfway through “407,” it occurred to me that Vera was unlikely to survive the episode. Reason being: he was performing a key function in the narrative (as catalyst and catharsis for Elliot) - after which he’d have no obvious use. Of course, my prediction was also encouraged by Vera’s cuckoo plan to rule Manhattan and his extreme sadism. :word:

Utterly destroyed me. Wow, who knew another revelation would induce another rematch even though we just did that...

Now it makes more sense on why Elliot wouldn't recognize Mr. Robot as a fictional version of his dad. And, all of the mom stuff makes more sense. Her silence speaks volumes, and his blind hate (yet, never gave up on her - like Darlene did) was all stemmed from a neglect type situation or she never knew and that hurt more than her hiding the notion of Edward's abuse.

While going through the Mr. Robot hashtag on Twitter (as I occasionally do just to see what other fans are saying), I came across the following image; and it got me to thinking. In referring to his father's sickness as cancer, Elliot was merely suppressing and coping with the fact that
he was actually a pedophile.

Sigh. A part of me wants to rewatch the show from the beginning now so as to see what other clues I neglected to pick up on, but I'm far too lazy for that. lol

Oh my Gawd. Just pure tension this week. I loved the decision to have the episode play out like a play with the four act structure and even end with the lights going out. That entire moment towards the end with Elliot, Vera, Paula and, for a moment, Mr. Robot, was just tense from start to finish and I'm certain I held my breath at times.

I wonder, though, based on what we learn about the reveal, I'm guessing this means Darlene also knew this but just hasn't talked about it, right? I can't recall if this particular, ahem, 'aspect' of their father was ever discussed before.

I wonder if Elliot ends up being angry with Darlene over it or if she even knew. I can't imagine we have time for any more conflict between them at this point.

I wonder if Elliot ends up being angry with Darlene over it or if she even knew. I can't imagine we have time for any more conflict between them at this point.
Exactly, that's pretty much my problem with this revelation being given to us right now. It's such a huge bombshell, and yet, we don't have enough time to really explore it.

I was thinking they were going to delve into White Rose and The Dark Army a bit more, but then they give us Vera out of nowhere, while letting us know Mr. Robot is a pedo.

With the way things are going, I'm imagining a really weird ending. Like Elliot wakes up to find out he's in an alternate reality due to the particle accelerator....or something strange like that.

Darlene couldn’t have known... she didn’t hate Edward. Most of her disdain was towards there mom, which I’m guessing was passive self hatred on Magda’s part. Either from not knowing about Edward herself and feeling like she let Elliot down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"