Halle Berry ponders a "Catwoman 2"

I had a dream they made a seuqel, with Poison ivy, and her costume was sexy as, as well as Catwoman's. It was a different one from the first film, and had hair flowing out of it.

it was hot.

Patience is NOT catwoman
Halle Berry is NOT catwoman
i thought we were trying to forget this rubbish.

You were.

But you missed one of the points, however poorly written, it was still a point. The reason it's Patience Phillips is because she's one of a long line of catwomen, including Selina. I have said it before and I will say it again: Ophelia is the one that shouldn't exist...Selina should have given her guidance isntead of some crackpot we didn't know.

really?
that's makes things even worse.
i only watched half the film, i couldn't stand it any longer :(

Fair enough. But I still think it would have made sense, even if it was a wrong move.

Meh, it's great eye candy. Got me into Sharon Stone :up:

hippie_hunter said:
Shadaloo West. E. Bison has returned and is trying to reform Shadaloo, he promoted me as the boss of the West Coast branch which I call Shadaloo West. Wanna join :up:

I'm not too good about being in groups, man. The Haturz League kind of formed itself, and I was there fromt he beginning, so I'm in that group for life.

I hate going to community. Hate it. I'd rather shave my testes and dip them in Texas Pete hot sauce. Too much politicin' and too many rivalries. Also, I'm just too angry and too much of a smartass to visit there without turning every thread into a 24/7 flame war....which, from my experience, is most of the community forum anyways.

I appreciate the invite, but if I have to be in the group, consider me the "Homeland Security Branch of Shadaloo", or the "Shadaloo Reserves".

That'd be fine for me. Also, I don't answer to anyone, so if this means someone thinks they can tell me what to do, then no way in freakin' hell! ;)

Man....I need a shot of Captain Morgan's like nobody's buisness.

shinlyle said:
Man....I need a shot of Captain Morgan's like nobody's buisness.

Haha! A little early for that, ain't it big guy? :D

jag

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
You were.

But you missed one of the points, however poorly written, it was still a point. The reason it's Patience Phillips is because she's one of a long line of catwomen, including Selina. I have said it before and I will say it again: Ophelia is the one that shouldn't exist...Selina should have given her guidance isntead of some crackpot we didn't know.
This movie doesn't take place in a comtinuity where Selina Kyle, Batman or Gotham City exist.

TheVileOne said:
Halle Berry said on the record that Catwoman was the only comic book movie sequel she wanted to do.
1-That was BEFORE the movie flopped, when she thought the franchise had a future.
2-She's also said on the record that she wanted a meatier part in the X-Men films. Even if she only had 10 minutes of screen time, she wanted those 10 minutes to mean something.
3-The problem w/being a public figure is that you make public statements, which you may later have to recant, at your own peril. Oprah publicly defended Jim Frey, did she not? Was that not on the record? Michael Jordan said on the record that he was retiring from basketball in 1994, 1997....

Chris Wallace said:
This movie doesn't take place in a comtinuity where Selina Kyle, Batman or Gotham City exist.

True. But it just would have made sense, do you get what I'm saying? Like if instead of Ophelia Powers, it was Selina Kyle. Then the line of Catwomen would be more plausible and more accepted.

Quit trying to rationalize the good points of this film, because there were none. If you want to see Sharon Stone be nasty, go rent "Basic Instinct:. If you want to see Halle Berry be nasty, go rent "Monster's Ball". Hot actresses to not automatically equal a good film. The writing, acting, direction, costume design, set design, CGI, fight coreography, dialogue and everything else about this movie were substandard at BEST.

jag

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
True. But it just would have made sense, do you get what I'm saying? Like if instead of Ophelia Powers, it was Selina Kyle. Then the line of Catwomen would be more plausible and more accepted.
No, it wouldn't have. Selina Kyle didn't get bitten by a magic cat & join a secret society of Catwomen. If anything it would've been a bigger slap in the face to put her in this debacle at all. As it is, at least DC could distance themselves from it.

Oh yeah, but I liked the style of the film, the colour pallette, the green against yellow, the aquas and stuff (especially at the end with the moon).

The writing needed improvement, the acting was passable, razzie winning, but passable, the direction went haywire, the costume design I actually like, with the exception of that stupid helmet, the set design...meh, though, if Halburg's existed I'd go there, 100% agree about the CGI, but it was on par with SOME CGI in Spider-Man 1, the fight choreography, I won't even touch on, I don't really care, as long as they are flipping around in the air kick each other's ass I'm cool with that, the dialogue was crappy, but Alex Borsteing was cool to have in it, and Lance (the gay guy) was also a nice addition. He has a MUCH bigger role in the book...well, not MUCH bigger, but he's def. friends with Patience more in the book than in the film.

Acting that wins a Razzie is not passable. Sorry.

jag

Since when did you become the leader of the world? I thought George W Bush did that :o

When did he get assassinated?

Instead of making weak attempts at insulting me, why don't you try explaining your position that seems to be that acting that actually wins a Razzie (and is so bad that the person who won the Razzie for said bad acting actually feels compelled to show up at the Razzies ceremony to accept the award as a way of trying to save face for such a terrible performance) can be passable?

Cheers,
jag

Sorry I'm just tired.

Look, I look at the film Catwoman and just see silly silly silly. But fun silly. I don't take it seriosuly at all, I just watch it for ****s and giggles and honestly don't get why everyone has to keep trying to bury the film in the past.

Whatever. I need some shut eye.

Most of the people that you'll encounter on this site are fans of the original comic to one extent or another, which CINO completely disses on in every way imaginable. So, they're offended by it. Moreover, it's just a bad movie by any movie-making standards. Even the star of the film has publically acknowledged that. THAT'S why most people just want it to fade away into oblivion and why people who bring it up again usually get jumped by an angry mob.

jag

I'm Afraid It's True; You Defend CINO At Your Own Peril.

Spike_x1 said:
Just PM him for me. I'm lazy unless fueled by hatred.

The rules are you have to do it :mad:, but I guess I'll do it :mad:

TheVileOne said:
Halle Berry said on the record that Catwoman was the only comic book movie sequel she wanted to do.
I won't lie; I was kinda hoping she wouldn't come back b/c there are at least 5 other actresses who I thought were more suitable for the role. But in all likelihood we wouldn't have gotten one of them; we'd have gotten somebody less fitting. And her performance wasn't bad; it wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Plus, her return adds a sense of continuity to the films, one of many things missing from the previous Batman series, which contributed to its downfall.

jaguarr said:
Haha! A little early for that, ain't it big guy? :D

jag

Dude, the way the last two months have gone, I'm suprised I'm not an alcoholic...I'm not one, you know....really, I'm not...

Oh, man....I might be!!!:eek:

jaguarr said:
Most of the people that you'll encounter on this site are fans of the original comic to one extent or another, which CINO completely disses on in every way imaginable. So, they're offended by it. Moreover, it's just a bad movie by any movie-making standards. Even the star of the film has publically acknowledged that. THAT'S why most people just want it to fade away into oblivion and why people who bring it up again usually get jumped by an angry mob.

jag

Exactly. This film gets brought up in a new thread every couple of months. Someone starts talking about how it needs a sequel, and we all shoot it down quickly, before the usual trolls arive (looks at dnno1's posts in another thread...).

I love the character, I've read the comics for a long time....this film is the ANTI-Catwoman. Yes, alot of films take liberties with the characters, Spider-man, Batman, Superman, and they turn out great, but to totally disregard all information about the character aside from the name is going to result in a crappy movie that no one can recognize. And yes, fans will HATE IT.

Batman Returns, if you ask most people here, is pretty well-recieved, despite obvious incongruencies with the comic characters....simply because it still held some basic truths.

TheVileOne said:
The only problem with that statement is that her version of Catwoman wasn't actually a comic book movie, in that it wasn't based on any pre-existing comic book or comic book character.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
And I rejoiced.

From Rotten Tomatoes:

"When asked in a recent interview if she'd be willing to sign on for a "Catwoman 2," Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry ... actually said something OTHER than "Are you kidding me?" or "Don't be insane." As a matter of fact, she actually sounded a little interested in the idea!!

Latino Review has a brief interview segment with the lovely Ms. Berry, who's now making the press rounds for "X-Men: The Last Stand." When interviewer Kellvin Chavez got around to the "Catwoman" chatter, here's what Halle had to say:

"It was what it was but I know if we had a chance to do it again I know we'd make it better. We'll make a better story and have a better villain. I always thought we should've had a better villain than a woman who's face cracked off, but that's the past. I'm over it. (Laughs) But I would do it, I loved being Catwoman." replied Berry.

Berry continues "But if they seriously said 'We want to do another one and here's how we're going to make it better because we learned from the mistakes.' I would because I believe we could make it better. I think Catwoman is a great character that maybe wasn't presented in the right way."

Click here for the full article."

So yeah. I agree with her, I would love a seuqel, but only if they had a better story and villain. Go deeper into patience's past and life, get rid of Tom lone though :o

:eek::eek::eek:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"