The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Yeah, just to be clear, that wasn't a dig at H20 (one of the better sequels in the series in my eyes), I just think that Laurie showed certain shades of JLC's personality irl, whereas the newest film really felt like she was flexing some different acting muscles.

It definitely is very cool that JLC has been able to portray two different versions of the same character, in two separate timelines of the franchise. That's pretty rare and we are lucky to have her.

I disagree. H20 Laurie was a terrified Laurie traumatized by nightmares and visions of Michael, coping with pills and booze. She was running scared from her past. That's very real. I love both performances. She does a great job showing the emotional scars of Laurie from two different possible outcomes that someone could have from an experience like that. Both are valid, and she did both equally well.

She had some brilliant scenes in H20. Even Josh Hartnett with limited acting experience back then did a good job, and I liked her relationship with him. Different to Karen. Instead of teaching John to fight and shoot a gun, she wrapped him in cotton wool and was so overbearingly protective. H20 was a great Laurie story and was the only time in the franchise where they did something interesting with the Michael wanting to kill his family storyline.

I’m not saying she doesn’t give a good performance or Laurie isn’t depicted as traumatized in H20. Just personally prefer her PTSD performance in 18. IMO much better all around. We agree to disagree on that one :up:

7c0c4cae9573255a83eb329a144ae360f1bd8f04.gifv

758f6987f79f5db731968160da5e5f08db71a5e8.gifv

As much as I still enjoy H2O, I feel Halloween 2018 exposed the shortcomings of that film quite well. Even Halloween II (1981), which I love, I don't think is as good as Halloween 2018.

Watched 2018 last night. Now for a marathon of my other favorite timeline like I said. Gonna do Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 4, Halloween 5 and Halloween 6.

EFA51FFA-3C6E-477C-BE2F-9C25BFA8D511.jpeg

Also I am curious, anyone own multiple copies of Halloween 1978? I’m a major collector and it being my all time favorite horror I own 3 different Blu Ray, 2 DVD and 4 VHS versions of it.

AWESOME. From what I can see of Michael he is not burned up at all.

Someone needs to get screen caps of every little bit of that 19 seconds haha. Looks great!

It is so good to have the franchise in the hands of people who actually care again.

Nice little glimpse!

I'm in the middle of watching HII and I still love it. Very underrated but the damn twist was just such a bad idea even if it did ended up the last film but it didn't and it was a huge issue for the franchise.

Michael Myers being a mysterious slient physcopath was enough without the extra family connection

Im still sitting here wondering how he got out of the fortified basement and we clearly saw flames engulf him. This feels like halloween resurrection all over again

Same mask and suit on Michael. Explanation better be interesting

Im still sitting here wondering how he got out of the fortified basement and we clearly saw flames engulf him. This feels like halloween resurrection all over again

Ok the over exaggerating is a bit much haha. How about we see more first and see what plays out in the film before comparing it to what many consider one of the worst films in the franchise.

The very first shot of Michael looks like it might be from the flashback, with the recreated 1978 mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"