The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I'm pretty sure the script that "leaked" is a fake draft written by a fan. There is a lot of grammatical errors and it doesn't read like a David Gordon Green and Danny McBride script.

I'm pretty sure the script that "leaked" is a fake draft written by a fan. There is a lot of grammatical errors and it doesn't read like a David Gordon Green and Danny McBride script.

Pretty sure its real... the few images and footage we have (officially released) certify a lot of the script.

I’ve had this shelving unit laying around in the box I bought months ago. Put it all together finally today, and displaying a load of my NECA Ultimate figures on it. This is the Halloween thread so I’ll just show my Halloween specific ones.

C46FEE8C-A82E-4F71-A28E-A31C89177AE7.jpeg 34832177-4922-4F09-942C-4369A34B5D98.jpeg 2C5F1371-B2F6-4D74-9CA6-5E85F5B8D7E7.jpeg 3486CBE4-ECDB-482D-9F05-F97214F3324C.jpeg 8585F9A6-E16A-4BE0-A467-6DA795033045.jpeg

So I finished the script. The first half I found pretty solid but then it got clunkier and clunkier as it went on. Also the ending was extremely anti-climatic. Some good scenes for sure but it did kind of read like someone just took every shot of the teaser they released and made scenes around it.

Some channels like Jimmy Champane seem 100% convinced that it is fake and I'm kinda hoping that is the case. Still was an entertaining little read though.

I read portions of the script and I really hope it's fake. Seems bogus to me. Reads like fan fiction that is based on what we know about Halloween Kills so far and is horribly written, compared to the script for H18.

I never get why you guys do this to yourselves. If it’s fake, reading it is a waste of time. If it’s real... would you really rather not just see the thing on-screen?

I never get why you guys do this to yourselves. If it’s fake, reading it is a waste of time. If it’s real... would you really rather not just see the thing on-screen?

I tend to agree completely. I only read the first few pages to confirm to myself it was fake, and then read a bit more because it was just kind of funny. I think you would get a kick out of it if you were to peruse it.

I read the H18 script after seeing the movie so that I could read the original ending pre-reshoots. This alleged script for Halloween Kills is formatted completely differently than the H18 script (even Green's and McBride's names are listed differently) and the sheer amount of exclamation points (in descriptions of action) is hilarious, along with with tons of spelling/grammatical errors. Here are some funny examples lines describing the action:

"Medical professionals rush over to assist! They loads* Laurie onto a GURNEY immediately!" (*actual spelling error)

"SHOT: START OF ONE TAKE TRACKING SHOT" (This wasn't even written in the finished script for H18)

"John Carpenter's Score Kicks Up" (What the bad place???)

If it does turn out to be real...yeesh. I would then hope it was an extremely early draft that has since been heavily changed and polished, but I still just can't imagine this being real.

Personally speaking no. If its fake, then its fake. It didn't take days to read, and is no more a waste of time than sitting through a bad or boring movie. But in this case I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. So no waste of time there, fake or not. It was a very entertaining read.

If its real, even better. Spoilers never bothered me and if they're good they just make me anticipate a movie more. So if that script is real I've walked away from reading it highly anticipating seeing many cool things being brought to life on screen.

Personally speaking no. If its fake, then its fake. It didn't take days to read, and is no more a waste of time than sitting through a bad or boring movie. But in this case I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. So no waste of time there, fake or not. It was a very entertaining read.

If its real, even better. Spoilers never bothered me and if they're good they just make me anticipate a movie more. So if that script is real I've walked away from reading it highly anticipating seeing many cool things being brought to life on screen.

Likewise for me, you summed my thoughts up perfectly :up:

Yep. Got the email and confirmed my ticket earlier today. Was shocked that they're screening it under its title, and not just 'Untitled Horror Sequel'.

Super stoked. The theater is legit 10 minutes from my house.

Wow that's awesome. And a good thing because any feedback for any necessary changes could hopefully be implemented before its October release.

Wow that's awesome. And a good thing because any feedback for any necessary changes could hopefully be implemented before its October release.
For sure. H'18's test screening was in April (the night before the poster dropped actually), and it's reshoots were in June, with another test screening with the final ending in July. They have plenty of time! :)

Stress the need to change the ending from Team Laurie heading into the Halloween Festival, to bait Michael.

They shouldn't lead him to somewhere heavily populated.

For sure. H'18's test screening was in April (the night before the poster dropped actually), and it's reshoots were in June, with another test screening with the final ending in July. They have plenty of time! :)

Yep I was gonna go to that screening and was sent a confirmation email for it. But then denied because too many responded.

Yep I was gonna go to that screening and was sent a confirmation email for it. But then denied because too many responded.
Oh goodness, i surely hope that isn't the case here. I think I responded as soon as it went live.

Crazy. Universal is screening Candyman the same exact night as well.

Oh goodness, i surely hope that isn't the case here. I think I responded as soon as it went live.

Crazy. Universal is screening Candyman the same exact night as well.

Oh when I meant “that screening” I meant the one for Halloween 2018.

Yep got the email and all that responded way ahead of time, in the end I think the whole screening ended being cancelled due to the amount of people that responded it became a lot.
Oh, geez!

I think the fact that Universal's screening both Kills and Candyman the same night should be it's saving grace though. I'll just have to make sure I have to get there extra early. Hope it doesn't get TOO out of control in terms of people's knowledge about it over the next couple of days.

Oh, geez!

I think the fact that Universal's screening both Kills and Candyman the same night should be it's saving grace though. I'll just have to make sure I have to get there extra early. Hope it doesn't get TOO out of control in terms of people's knowledge about it over the next couple of days.

Keep us posted.

I still remember the meltdowns after that one guy said H18 was awful. Good times..... Anyways hope you enjoy this and let us know your thoughts please!

I still remember the meltdowns after that one guy said H18 was awful. Good times..... Anyways hope you enjoy this and let us know your thoughts please!
The one guy who thought Halloween 6 was canon? LOL!!! And thank you!

Guess what's screening in L.A. next Thursday? :p
Oh bad place yeah. Keep us posted on it.

I didn't go to a test screening of Halloween 2018, but I do go to an early screening I Salem mass back in early October of 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"