The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I want all the non-spoiler stuff I can get. I already know most of the story beats in a way, from when I put myself up for casting in the film and received different updates almost on a daily basis.

Glad to hear that the early test screening went really well for this. I can do without spoilers honestly, but what I'm really waiting for is that first trailer.

I hope it comes earlier than July this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Did anyone get word about the opening credits? Last time the first screening didn't have them ready in time.

Everything sounds pretty damn promising. The middle chapter in a trilogy (technically the third film) is usually the darkest and it sounds like it will deliver on that. And how does one use a spoiler tag on here?

I want spoilers so bad but there's none to be found online haha

tenor.gif

Going to get something to eat, and then I'll post my impressions here. If you guys have any will power, I'd really love to keep this all within this forum. Shame OHMB is down, they were good with that. No spoilers but I just... this film has stuck with me ever since the screening let out on a visceral level.

Here's a nice spoiler free video regarding feedback gleaned from someone who attended the screening;

Going to get something to eat, and then I'll post my impressions here. If you guys have any will power, I'd really love to keep this all within this forum. Shame OHMB is down, they were good with that. No spoilers but I just... this film has stuck with me ever since the screening let out on a visceral level.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Here's a nice spoiler free video regarding feedback gleaned from someone who attended the screening;

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

LOL I wonder who was the kind soul that offered him that information :p

I'll just expand on this a bit.

This is truly the most emotional, character driven film in the franchise, no doubt. It makes the gore/brutality all the more impactful because you genuinely care about everyone. Everyone you think is going to be an a**hole in this film from a previous entry? Nope. You care about everyone, genuinely, at least that's how we all felt. Really, really amazing stuff on that front and I am shocked they pulled it off so well. Some amazing character development for all of the main cast in here.

Last edited:
You mean Dr. Wynn? Who was the Thorn cult leader in 6 (then played by Mitchell Ryan)
LOL It's not. There's a bit of misinfo going around about that, seems it got lost in translation. I'm not saying anything else though - at least on here lol

If anyone is giving out spoilers, would appreciate the PM. I’m really excited to see such positive reactions this early. Hope that if it’s really that good, this pushes them away from too many changes in reshoots.

I'll just expand on this a bit.

This is truly the most emotional, character driven film in the franchise - no doubt. It makes the gore/brutality all the more impactful because you genuinely care about everyone. Everyone you think is going to be an a**hole in this film from a previous entry? Nope. You care about everyone, genuinely - at least that's how we all felt. Really, really amazing stuff on that front and I am shocked they pulled it off so well. Some amazing character development for all of the main cast in here.

Great stuff, man. I am hyped.

God I think I am just as excited for Kills as 2018 if thats possible. It so nice that the screening went better then 2018 not that it was a complete disaster but you know what I mean.

So glad you loved it Lone Anomorphous. I have a few questions that are not super spoilery if you want to answer if not its all good or pm me.

1. Do you find this had more mood/atmosphere then 2018?

2. Did the very end of the movie leave you satisfied and did it set up Ends nicely?

3. Did it have opening credits? If so did you like it.

4. Do you think the critics will like it or is it more of a film for the fans

5. How was the humor handled. I had no real problem with it in H18 but I kind of don't want people *****ing about it again. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"