The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

h78-hand1b.jpg

Marionwindow.jpg

We all noticed it but we're nerds and we all wanted to see it side by side...

Watched the 2018 film about a week ago for the first time, so watching this teaser has me even more excited for the next one.

I don’t know exactly why, but seeing The Shape’s mayhem and terror spread to the general populace for all the townspeople to witness firsthand has me really excited. Probably because we haven’t really seen that to this extent in Halloween franchise. The closest we probably got was the end of Halloween 4, but that was just a small squad of people ganging up on him.

Makes me wonder how rough the ending might be on Laurie...

Maybe she loses a hand and goes full Ash Williams in Evil Dead II, w/ detachable shotgun instead of chainsaw. :oldrazz:

Seriously, though, what if she lost an eye, ala Michael in the original Halloween, to show just how much like him she’s become.

Everything looks soooooo good. While reading Taking Shape II, it’s so great to be in such good hands. I know some folks had some issues with Halloween (2018) callbacks and such, but for me... even if some rang a bit hollow - were getting beautiful cinematography, strong characters, and interesting plotting.

I’m just so happy as a long time Halloween fan... and having 5, Resurrection, and the Zombie films ruining my enjoyment.

Is the whole team back? I just so love the last movie....so goooood.

The small moments make it an absolute classic. The character interaction.

I really pray the theaters are back in some form by this point, I can't sit at home and watch **** like this.
My first reaction to this being pushed back was "Couldn't they have just released it straight to VOD?" and I immediately answered my own question by realizing that these are way more fun when viewed in a theater.

I told you guys that Halloween Kills was THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK of this trilogy. It's so damn great. Not just for a slasher film, but a character driven horror film as well.

I have to say, seeing all of these shots of some of my favorite/most terrifying sequences again nearly made me cry. It seems so weird having seen it so way back, that it almost felt like a dream, that it was too good to be true.

But damn, everything I saw that night rung true. It's a damn good film. And this is a DAMN good teaser that only scratches the surface, has some great misdirects, and sparks some speculation.

Bring on next year. The marketing campaign for this is going to be crazy. Already near 100k views (FOR A TEASER!) on YouTube in less than two hours, and is trending like crazy on Twitter. I have a feeling that COVID-withstanding, HK is going to be quite big. It deserves it.

Congrats to the team for being able to share this treat with us, I know they're excited for you guys to see it!

Watching Halloween 2018 in a packed theatre with the family was really something specia, especially with it being the first Halloween bigscreen experience for me. I will never forget that day and I hope to have the same experience when I see Kills. These movies were made to be seen in theatres IMO just like all the superhero movies we get nowadays and to not get that would honestly make me feel robbed of something truly great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"