The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

halloween-kills-new-image-2.jpg

Sheriff Brackett: "Doctor, do you know what Haddonfield is? Families, children all lined up in rows up and down these streets. You're telling me they're lined up for a slaughter house"
Loomis: "They could be"

Sheriff Brackett: "Doctor, do you know what Haddonfield is? Families, children all lined up in rows up and down these streets. You're telling me they're lined up for a slaughter house"
Loomis: "They could be"

Still one of my all time favorite scenes in the franchise. Love this tracking shot so much. They nailed it. The score, the lighting, the atmosphere, the cinematography, Courtney as the shape. Just ****ing brilliant.

Last edited:
Still one of my all time favorite scenes in the franchise. Love this tracking shot so much. They nailed it. The score, the lighting, the atmosphere, the cinematography, Courtney as the shape. Just ****ing brilliant.

I love how it started with the creepy children's chant about Halloween night that you hear at the beginning of the original movie. As soon as I saw that scene it reminded me of that dialogue between Loomis and Brackett. Literally family homes lined up for a slaughter house.

It did its job. Left me wanting more.

This is where I disagree with Dave McRae here. It does add to MM's creepiness when we don't know his process of stalking and such, but this was just an entertaining way of seeing a snapshot of that.

That tracking shot is my favorite scene in any Halloween sequel. At my early screening in Salem, Massachusettes back in 2018, the entire audience erupted with applause when the kids bumped into him at the beginning.

Also, is it me, or has a portion of the Halloween fanbase been hating on Halloween 2018 a lot lately? I mean, obviously, the hype for Halloween Kills is huge, but I feel like I always see some people trying to tear the 2018 film down while defending something like Halloween 6 in the same sentence.

Last edited:
That tracking shot is my favorite scene in any Halloween sequel. At my early screening in Salem, Massachusettes back in 2018, the entire audience erupted with applause when the kids bumped into him at the beginning.

Also, is it me, or has a portion of the Halloween fanbase been hating on Halloween 2018 a lot lately? I mean, obviously, the hype for Halloween Kills is huge, but I feel like I always see some people trying to tear the 2018 film down while defending something like Halloween 6 in the same sentence.

I'm in a Halloween Fans group on Facebook, and there are A LOT of people who claim to hate H18. Seems like the main reason is that it wiped away all of the other sequels and timelines.

H18 could have been better but I’m so happy it wiped out the sequels. That’s what got me excited about it in the first place.

Like I’ve said before I love that I have various timelines I can watch with this franchise. Kinda a choose your own story. Depending on my mood I can do different viewings.

It’s a vocal minority. I mean, if you love Halloween 6 cool. But then to hate H18? It's when something is too successful, the contrarions come out to play.

Its fine if people dislike Halloween 2018 but the issue is when I see hardcore Halloween fans not liking it, they HATE it. And as others have said, it's probably because all the sequels were wiped out but honestly I'm glad they were. I love Halloween 2, season of the witch, really enjoy 4 and I like H2O but the rest range from bad to atrocious. For me, Halloween 2018 is the best of the sequels.

I don’t understand resenting 2018 for wiping out the sequels.

1. Those movies still exist.
2. A bunch of them aren’t great.
3. You really think there was anywhere to go after Resurrection?? Laurie’s dead and Michael got bested by ****ing Busta Rhymes.

I watched Halloween 3 for the first time recently and honestly I probably enjoyed it more than every Myers movie that came after. At least up until the most recent '18 film.

The anthology route probably wouldn't have been a bad way to go in retrospect imo.

Anthology would’ve been acceptable if a pattern hadn’t already been set into motion with both Halloween and H2 being about Michael Myers.

If they had gone from the original Halloween right to Season of the Witch, the response probably would’ve been completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"