The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I don't think Jamie can comment on the other Halloween movies she wasn't in because its practically certain she has not even seen them.

I get it, but David and Danny should talk about them in some way, because there are elements of them that they used in the new movies.

“Rob Zombie’s Halloween II really inspired me for Halloween Ends…”!

https://www.cbr.com/halloween-kills...ibution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

Infamous Halloween Resurrection star and rap artist Busta Rhymes almost made it into Halloween Kills.

Director David Gordon Green attended the Halloween Kills premiere at Beyond Fest, where he answered questions from fans. When asked about the numerous Easter eggs in the new film, Green shared, "I literally said to [VP of Development at Blumhouse Productions] Ryan Turek the other day, 'Should Busta Rhymes be in the next one?'"

Last edited:
I get it, but David and Danny should talk about them in some way, because there are elements of them that they used in the new movies.

The original is so iconic as we all know, therefore I know why most of the interviews ask JLC about that little film with "no one over the age of 30 on the crew".

The sad part is you're right, there's not much mentioned about HK itself besides the mob, trauma, and brutality of it. I was watching the Today interview with TLC and out of the 6-7 minute interview, a minute or two was witty banter between her and hosts, a minute about "OMG Michael Myers got loose, will he be caught by Laurie Strode?", several minutes about the OG, and finally a couple minutes were taken for JLC's my hand in yours charity.

Yikes, don't even joke DGG!

I think JLC mentioned H20 a couple of times in how this Laurie was different than that Laurie kind of thing when promoting the 2018 version.

I wonder if they're gonna brutally kill Ben Tramer again.

“Rob Zombie’s Halloween II really inspired me for Halloween Ends…”!

The way the mask looks and the brutality of Michael were definitely inspired by these movies, but it would be too kind to give him any credit for that, because we don't like his movies!

The way the mask looks and the brutality of Michael were definitely inspired by these movies, but it would be too kind to give him any credit for that, because we don't like his movies.

Hey, if Michael shows up looking like this in Ends, I’ll give full credit where it’s due lol

michael-myers-unmasked-rob-zombie-halloween-movies.jpg

“He came out of nowhere…” is quite up there with wrongful death by police.

I'm almost done with my rewatch, I just finished H18, so far only the 5th part has annoyed me because it is very chaotic and wastes the potential of H4 ending. Ressurection is so bad it's good and I only have everyone's favorite movies left which is Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Now about H18... We all know that this is a perfect movie, but I will write what I didn't like anyway.

- Too exaggerated opening, nobody would shout at the patient like that, I know they wanted to create tension, but it was artificial and unreasonable, because the mere presence of Michael and a gentle piano in the background created amazing atmosphere.
- The beginning is too dragged out, Michael doesn't run away until 30 minutes in, which is because too much is going on, the pace is too fast and there are too many characters, in the original everything is minimalistic in this respect, even the cast and everything except Michael's escape is simply very slow and almost too quiet and that's why it builds the atmosphere so well.
- Exaggerated Rambo Laurie... I understand her trauma, I understand her isolation from the people, I understand her interest in weapons, but everything about Laurie was turned up to 11. House Trap, the scene where she screams to herself in the car... Just too much and cartoonish. Adult Laurie was much better in H20 where she is at the same time sympathetic as in the original, as well as rough and oversensitive as in H18. Much, much better.
- Terrible humor, nobody watches Halloween for that, in the original if there was humor, it was subtle, or it wasn't directed towards the viewer, but it was happening between the characters to show their relationship. Here we have an annoying kid who destroys tension with every presence. Vicky dies, he shouts "oh ****!" (I remember people in the cinema laughing until the end of the sequence). Cops talking about brownie when Sartain injures Hawkins... The kid talking about his dance class before Michael runs away... And my favorite "oh no ... I've got peanut butter on my penis."
- As Allyson escapes through the woods and stumbles over Laurie's shooting range, we have a really weird typical for Blumhouse movie montage with "creepy" noises and whispers, lots of cuts and then a strange scream from Allyson that doesn't fit the scene at all, because it's just mannequins around her, and yet she screams louder than when she was sitting next to Michael.
- Sartain is a terrible character, he brings nothing to the plot, it's the worst kind of plot device.
- The whole movie Karen is scared and she panics, literally the whole movie, and then when Michael appears in front of her and she doesn't know what happened to Laurie, suddenly the music goes off and Karen changes look on her face and says confidently "got you". I don't buy it, it's just anti-climatic, I know it was supposed to show Karen's strength, but they could show how she despite her fear decides to stand against him instead of doing something like that... I don't buy that, you don't stand in front of Michael and play a tough guy, especially if you've been scared of him throughout the whole movie.

Lots of criticism, criticism that I didn't have in 2018, but for a while now, I have seen everyone portray this movie as perfect and criticizing other films for similar or lesser flaws and this had some influence on my reception of this movie now. It doesn't change the fact that it's still one of my favorite Halloween movies, 8/10, it's the best version of Michael right after the original and all about him is on point, music and cinematography have never been as good as in this movie and I'm counting the days until Halloween Kills which seems to be even better than the last one.

Thursday night can't get here soon enough. I was gutted last year at this time when I couldn't watch it.

Anyone else catch DGG and Jason Blum on Joe Bob's Shudder show the other night? Good stuff, they talked about this film, the 18' one and even a bit of the others. DGG is a Halloween 3 fan too lol.

62% start on RT.

I had just booked my tickets before seeing this. A bit disappointed.

For certain movies people still use RT as a barometer, myself included. But a franchise like this, especially a horror franchise, is pretty much critic proof for the fanbase as well as non-fans who just really liked the last one.

People really cares about RT? In that case The Last Jedi is one of the best movies ever made.
It caused a major Civil War among the fandom. That's some real power there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"