The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Silver Shamrock masks!

mTU6p9k.jpg

Eh, whether Laurie was his sister or not it didn't make Michael any less scary. Anyone in the vicinity of her was still in danger. It didn't make H2 any less scary or anyone in less danger when he's wandering around the hospital looking for her.

Besides that it still seems to be personalized since he's going after Laurie once again. What difference does it make if she's his sister or not at this point?

He's not going after Laurie. She is going after him.

I don’t know what’s my favorite between the closet scene, the mirror/window gunshot, or Michael putting the mask on again...... drool.

I like that the film looks fresh, without trying too hard to copy Carpenter’s style... but, also has that original Halloween feel.

if this film ends up being as amazing as it looks,.and the same team is involved, then lets do it.

People can balk at the thought all they want. We're on the 11th movie.

Regardless of when and where, another is inevitable.

I do agree with the comment that the film looks a bit too bright visually (even the night scenes).

Other than that, I liked what I saw!

I do agree with the comment that the film looks a bit too bright visually (even the night scenes).

Other than that, I liked what I saw!

I meant that in a way that I hope it doesn't take away from the tone of the film.

The original, and even the Zombie remake had a dark palette that set the mood very nicely.

Eh, whether Laurie was his sister or not it didn't make Michael any less scary. Anyone in the vicinity of her was still in danger. It didn't make H2 any less scary or anyone in less danger when he's wandering around the hospital looking for her.

Besides that it still seems to be personalized since he's going after Laurie once again. What difference does it make if she's his sister or not at this point?

Giving them a familial dynamic takes away from his Boogeyman persona. To paraphrase Scream, it's a lot scarier when there's no motive.

Was excited enough to whip out a warm up sketch when I got home from work.

nh3Xdcs.jpg

Yarp and thanks. I figured a good subject to play with some dry-brush ink techniques. Nice and messy.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but cutting away everything after the original is really the smartest play for this kind of movie. Keeping the H2 sister reveal would essentially make it H20 all over again, just at a later date. This way, the whole thing changes.

Not only is he not her brother, but he's also not some Terminator who killed his way through a hospital to get to her, basically shrugged off getting his eyes shot out, and required an explosion just to subdue. Her whole thing in H20 was constantly being afraid that he'd come to get her again, some unkillable supernatural monster that's tied to her bloodline.

This way, that body count of his has been significantly whittled down, he's hardly indestructible (as that busted eye of his can attest to), and therefore, Laurie doesn't have that fear, or at least not as much of it. This is less "I'm gonna move across the country and hope he never comes knocking" and more "I'm staying right ****ing here, and if that old ***** ever gets out, I'll be waiting for him".

So....umm.....I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS! AND YES THE TRAILER DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

But....I don't know how to say this....but when this was announced and we found out what this was; not H20, but did anyone feel Halloween 2018 is like Superman Returns?

So....umm.....I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS! AND YES THE TRAILER DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

But....I don't know how to say this....but when this was announced and we found out what this was; not H20, but did anyone feel Halloween 2018 is like Superman Returns?

What? Umm no.

The modern sequel ignoring previous entries in the original series you say? Why certainly, it's the first thing that came to my mind.

Anyone willing to make me an avatar of Michael switching the knife around?

How old is Michael supposed to be in this reboot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"