The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I was thinking......

Its not like it would happen, but interesting if it did....

Halloween 2018 is a direct sequel to Halloween 78. What if the next film isn't a sequel, but another retro sequel to a different Halloween continuity. In this case, Halloween 6; finishing up the Thorn Cult arc instead of not doing it, and lets face it, regardless of how we felt of either the theatrical or producers cut of H6, after the retro sequels to Halloween II and the Rob Zombie remakes, I've found myself and others too wanting to go back to that storyline based on how bad the others were.

So yeah, doubtful; but what if, you know?

I think beyond the end of the current storyline they should do standalone Myers tales or even films that cover a new characters arc that Myers is after.

I still think too they could consider expanding the franchise and making movies set in the world but not connected to Myers. Call these ones a Halloween story or tale.

Opens this coming weekend. :eek:

I still think too they could consider expanding the franchise and making movies set in the world but not connected to Myers. Call these ones a Halloween story or tale.
That's pretty similar to Carpenter's original plan after the first movie.

I do hope this is Laurie's last movie. Not because I dislike the character (I love her), but because I want her to go out on a high. JLC's last Halloween movie was the awful HR. Not a good way to bow out of the series. Plus I think they've probably taken Laurie's character as far as it can go.

Between the various movies we've seen young innocent teenage Laurie, the alcoholic scared and in hiding adult Laurie, and now we're getting PTSD badass Laurie. JLC has taken the character on great journeys, and I think H40 is a good way to bow out, if the movie is as great as it seems to be.

I definitely feel like it could be her last, although it all depends on what the writers want. Spoiler warning about the ending!
This movie ends in a way that I feel is open, but definitely gives potential for Allyson to take the mantle judging by the final shot of the film.

I do hope this is Laurie's last movie. Not because I dislike the character (I love her), but because I want her to go out on a high. JLC's last Halloween movie was the awful HR. Not a good way to bow out of the series. Plus I think they've probably taken Laurie's character as far as it can go.

Between the various movies we've seen young innocent teenage Laurie, the alcoholic scared and in hiding adult Laurie, and now we're getting PTSD badass Laurie. JLC has taken the character on great journeys, and I think H40 is a good way to bow out, if the movie is as great as it seems to be.

Agreed. I love Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode. Great character. I am also a fan of John Carpenter's Halloween and Halloween II (1981) and that was it for me. I thought H2 was the best ending, with
Dr. Loomis sacrificing himself to stop Michael's killing spree, saving Laurie, Haddonfield, and destroying the one patient he could not help. Great ending IMO.
Before this movie, it ended at Halloween 1981 in my personal head canon lol.

But this movie has got me interested, because of Carpenter returning to produce and score, plus I like that they are doing away with Laurie/Michael being siblings. Michael is scarier that way. I do hope this is the end of the Laurie/Michael story. it would be a great end for both of them. I hope they do not make the mistake Dimension films made by making Halloween Resurrection. Do the anthology idea, a copy cat, etc....just don't disrespect Laurie's character by dragging her out like they did after H20.

Last edited:
1zeumh.jpg

Already have my tickets for Thursday. Going with a group of 8 people. Hoping its a packed house at the theater. :up:

Have my tickets for Saturday morning 11:50 am showing. Going alone as I do most of the time. Beyond excited I’ll be watching the immortal classic Friday night too at home to get ready.

Did anyone notice a cue from The Fog in that score? I can't be the only one

For those who have seen it, Is Dr. Loomis mentioned by Laurie or anyone? Do we find out, in this continuity, what happened to him? Thanks in advance! Wife and I got our tickets, ready to see this Thursday night. :)

For those who have seen it, Is Dr. Loomis mentioned by Laurie or anyone? Do we find out, in this continuity, what happened to him? Thanks in advance! Wife and I got our tickets, ready to see this Thursday night. :)

People who have seen it have told me Loomis is indeed mentioned several times, including by Laurie,
and there is even a voice recording of him after the events of Halloween 1978, saying what he thinks should be done with Michael.

Also if you've watched the first trailer you see him referenced there by the two documentary people. "We're here to investigate a patient that murdered three innocent teenagers on Halloween in 1978. He was shot by his own psychiatrist". There's even a sketch of Loomis in their case notes;

16tjy8.jpg

Last edited:
People who have seen it have told me Loomis is indeed mentioned several times, including by Laurie, and there is even a voice recording of him after the events of Halloween 1978, saying what he thinks should be done with Michael.

Also if you've watched the first trailer you see him referenced there by the two documentary people. "We're here to investigate a patient that murdered three innocent teenagers on Halloween in 1978. He was shot by his own psychiatrist". There's even a sketch of Loomis in their case notes;

Thanks for the spoilers on all that. :o

Last edited:
Oh you poor thing.
You found out there is a Loomis voice recording in the movie.
The whole plot has been spoiled.

Is it something I knew would be in the film and many who haven't seen it yet ? No. is it therefore a spoiler, Yes. Has some effect or surprise been lost. Yes. Spoiler tags please, oh wait, too late.

Last edited:
Is it something I knew would be in the film and many who haven't seen it yet ? No. is it therefore a spoiler, Yes. Include spoiler tags then. Simple as.

Hair splitting here.
Knowing Loomis is being referenced in the movie through a voice recording doesn't spoil the movie.
Its not a big twist. It isn't linked to any major plot point. It doesn't hint to any other major plot point.

So stop acting like every unknown little detail is something that needs to be spoiler tagged.

Last edited:
Oh the hair splitting here.
Knowing Loomis is being referenced in the movie through a voice recording doesn't spoil the movie. Its not a big twist. It isn't linked to any major plot point. It doesn't hint to any other major plot point.

So stop acting like every unknown little detail is something that needs to be spoiler tagged.

How I feel is how I feel, please don't tell me how I should feel or what impact this has had on me. Thanks all the same.

Last edited:
How I feel is how I feel, please don't tell me how I should feel or what impact this has had on me. Thanks all the same.

Then stop complaining to me for mentioning something that is not going to spoil the movie. Going by your logic we should spoiler tag if Laurie eats a cookie in the movie since its not shown in the trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"