The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Then stop complaining to me for mentioning something that is not going to spoil the movie. Going by your logic we should spoiler tag if Laurie eats a cookie in the movie since its not shown in the trailers.

You've spoilt an aspect of the film, thanks for that. I appreciate you don't think you have but you have. So let's end it there.

Going to watch the original in the theater this afternoon, ready for the new one Thursday night.

Cannot wait.

I'm with Mandon Knight in this one. Spoilers don't have to be about endings or plot twists. Spoilers can also ruin fun surprises. I think what you talked about would qualify.

Oh fine. Its spoiler tagged. Now Mandon go edit your posts since you quoted what you were spoiled on.

Last edited:
New cool vid of JLC and DDG doing a scene breakdown between the '78 movie, and the new movie;

@Mandon Knight there is spoilers in this because it shows about 7 seconds of footage not seen in the trailers. Just a heads up. Btw you still haven't edited your posts either.

Last edited:
New cool vid of JLC and DDG doing a scene breakdown between the '78 movie, and the new movie;

@Mandon Knight there is spoilers in this because it shows 3 seconds of footage not seen in the trailers. So watch at your own caution :o Oh btw you still haven't edited your posts either.

1) I've gone back now and put spoiler tags over YOUR posts, so clearing up done I believe.

2) No need to be a sarcastic so & so.

It's closed. I was polite about it, you resolved it your end, thanks for doing so, even though you wouldn't do it for me, you had to have another person's inclusion into my valid point, but I thank you all the same for going back and changing it. This new video, you could simply say, 'contains spoilers', no need to name check me and take the piss.

1) I've gone back now and put spoiler tags over YOUR posts, so clearing up done I believe.

2) No need to be a sarcastic so & so.

It's closed. I was polite about it, you resolved it your end, thanks for doing so, even though you wouldn't do it for me, you had to have another person's inclusion into my valid point, but I thank you all the same for going back and changing it. This new video, you could simply say, 'contains spoilers', no need to name check me and take the piss.

1. Mandon, they were posts you felt adamant were spoilery, yet you quoted in full every time in your own posts, essentially doubling them up in here. I can edit my own posts, but I cannot edit yours.

2. You're right, I didn't. But when something so insignificant was taken to task, sarcastic humor felt like the only natural response to such a silly discussion.

But on a serious note, the video contains a few seconds of unseen footage from the trailers. Its not significant footage giving anything major away, but it is new. So if you really are serious about how you are spoiled regarding things that have not been seen before, then you of all people should be warned if you intend to watch it.

1. Mandon, they were posts you felt adamant were spoilery, yet you quoted in full every time in your own posts, essentially doubling them up in here. I can edit my own posts, but I cannot edit yours.

2. You're right, I didn't. But when something so insignificant was taken to task, sarcastic humor felt like the only natural response to such a silly discussion.

But on a serious note, the video contains a few seconds of unseen footage from the trailers. Its not significant footage giving anything major away, but it is new. So if you really are serious about how you are spoiled regarding things that have not been seen before, then you of all people should be warned if you intend to watch it.

It wasn't 'silly', clearly at least one person felt the same as I did. You may think it's silly and inconsequential. Others don't. I quoted to qualify what I was feeling and saying, take on board the 'work required' in sorting that and as I say, I think I've covered my tracks on that one.

Best if I just place you on ignore, feel free to do the same.

That probably is best for you, but I've never been one for using the ignore list. If I want to ignore someone's post, I just ignore it.

Oh you edited your post. Change of heart all of a sudden?

That probably is best for you, but I've never been one for using the ignore list. If I want to ignore someone's post, I just ignore it.

Oh you edited your post. Change of heart all of a sudden?

Changed my response as ignoring (as you say) is pointless its in truest sense as you are right, one can simply ignore by default as such, if one chooses too. Replaced it with a view more civil. Anyhoo, you don't you think you are wrong, I think you should have changed it, you have, I thank you for that. End of.

Best, Jim

Changed my response as ignoring (as you say) is pointless its in truest sense as you are right, one can simply ignore by default as such, if one chooses too. Replaced it with a view more civil. Anyhoo, you don't you think you are wrong, I think you should have changed it, you have, I thank you for that. End of.

Best, Jim

I'm glad, because despite this silliness, you do (in this thread) make posts I enjoy. We are worlds apart on the DCEU/MCU discussions, but I enjoy your posts here.

Though I still maintain the spoiler thing was silly, I apologize if it did legit bother you to find out that detail.

Shake hands?

I'm a million miles away from most people's thoughts on MCU and DCEU and as long as it's only my posts in here you enjoy, then we're all okay (self depreciating humour).

Happy to shake hands and thank you for apology. *offers hand to shake*

I'm a million miles away from most people's thoughts on MCU and DCEU and as long as it's only my posts in here you enjoy, then we're all okay (self depreciating humour).

Happy to shake hands and thank you for apology. *offers hand to shake*

Thank you.

Also you should watch that video of JLC and DDG. Its really good.

I want to stay fully 'clean' before I go in, will avoid video thanks.

So you have only watched the two trailers? No watched any of the short clips they released like the one of Laurie with her granddaughter, or with the documentary people?

So you have only watched the two trailers? No watched any of the short clips they released like the one of Laurie with her granddaughter, or with the documentary people?

Bar the trailers, no, not a jot.

I wish I had your restraint. Seriously.

So do I. (joke, relating to previous few pages). TBH, I'm like it for most films, but I think part of that is down to the fact I don't use any social media at all, so my access points are few and far between, in the 'possibility' of being spoilt as such.

we have a local small theater that shows both movies and live stuff (like musical performances, comedians, etc) and they are showing the 1978 Halloween next wednesday and Rocky Horror Picture Show on the following Friday. It sucks that I work nights mon thru fri :wall::wall::wall::wall:

we have a local small theater that shows both movies and live stuff (like musical performances, comedians, etc) and they are showing the 1978 Halloween next wednesday and Rocky Horror Picture Show on the following Friday. It sucks that I work nights mon thru fri :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Could you swap a shift with someone to allow you the chance to see this, is your job open to that ?

So do I. (joke, relating to previous few pages). TBH, I'm like it for most films, but I think part of that is down to the fact I don't use any social media at all, so my access points are few and far between, in the 'possibility' of being spoilt as such.

Yeah, I see a lot of this stuff pop up on twitter, and the Official Halloween forums. For me its hard to resist because I've always been a spoiler binger. I am one of those who has the mind set that the more I know, the more excited I get. Or cautious depending on what it is I have read/seen.

Yeah, I see a lot of this stuff pop up on twitter, and the Official Halloween forums. For me its hard to resist because I've always been a spoiler binger. I am one of those who has the mind set that the more I know, the more excited I get. Or cautious depending on what it is I have read/seen.

I don't read reviews or using your notion, get excited from that 'exposure' as such, I think also, I'm old and so I grew up in an age where the cinema was the only place you saw trailers and I'm incredibly old fashioned (one of the reasons for the non-SM usage) and so having to know or know about everything isn't a required notion as such. In terms of caution or that 'oh it's got bad reviews, I won't see it' for me, I'll see what I want to see, regardless of reviewer X's thoughts. If it's cack, be it on my own head.

Could you swap a shift with someone to allow you the chance to see this, is your job open to that ?
no we cannot do shift swaps here the best I can do is use a PPD (planned personal day) or a vacation day (I have 9 left for the year) but I do not get paid for either of them.

I’m the same way usually for the most part. The spoilers just get me even more excited and they don’t ruin my enjoyment at all, they enhance it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"