Halo 2: Anniversary Edition **Rumored**

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
Making a thread on this because I want too.. Once it's confirmed (I fully believe it will be at E3. This game will be ready by November) then I will change the title.

Anywho.. IGN talked to big Phil about the game. I'm happy with what he's saying.

Speaking to IGN during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco last week, Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer described what would be the most important feature to him in a hypothetical Halo 2 Anniversary release for Xbox One.

"In this fictitious world where that game existed," he began, smiling, "it’s an easy answer: it has to be just the multiplayer experience that we all found in that first Halo 2 game. If you think about what happened in the franchise and what were the hallmark moments – when did duel wielding come in, when did another playable character that wasn’t Master Chief come in?

"All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you’re going to say one thing about Halo 2, you’re going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way. Frankly [we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different.

"If there were something called Halo 2 Anniversary," he concluded, "I think the multiplayer would have to be fantastic."

Halo 2 Anniversary has been heavily rumored recently, and not just because it's the 10-year anniversary of the game's original November 9, 2004 release. A purported insider leak allegedly outed the game, and then it was allegedly confirmed again in an interview with Master Chief voice actor Steve Downes.

If and when Halo 2 Anniversary Edition is officially confirmed, we'll have the full story on IGN.

Link

Hopefully the "When did we start to get to play as characters that aren't Master Chief (in MP)" means we'll be able to pay as Elites again in MP.. I'll throw my wallet at this game just for that. :p

I think most do. But if the morons that did the first Anniversary does it. That will just raise question marks. Since they really cant **** up mp with this one

Last edited:
I think it's only worth doing if the MP at least tries to be on a level with the original. Not the Anniversary crap. Yeah, sounds like Phil Spencer is saying the right things. This, Halo 5 and the next Gears need to be massive games for X1. They can't just part deliver, they have to be every bit what people are hoping for.

I'd love if the MP had all the Halo 2 maps plus maps from the series. Give me Sandtrap, the Pit and a few others as well. More so if the rumored "War" Edition is true.

What is the War Edition?

War Edition was rumored to be Halo 2 with Xbox One versions of 3 and 4 as well.

That seems kind of incomplete without the first one since youd figure Microsoft would probably like to release a complete HD collection of at least the main games

Mayhaps.. Just saying what the leak said. I wouldn't need Halo CE again.

War Edition was rumored to be Halo 2 with Xbox One versions of 3 and 4 as well.
Wow that would keep people busy. I'd definitely get it. Would love to see 3 given a graphical upgrade to the levels of 4.

Keep in mind, both versions would also include a beta to Halo 5. On Podcast unlocked the guys talked about what they think 343 plans to do with the MP and they were talking about how they think (nothing confirmed, obviously) or wouldn't be surprised if the Halo MP turned into something like Destiny. Some always online, ever changing world.

Would be interesting.. But would that mess with the formula too much? I do think Halo needs to evolve a bit in the MP department.. not just adding Forge (which I could give a crap about) and perks (which I could give a crap about.)

I think MS is going to come out swinging at E3. I really do.. Phil Spencer is one of my favorite heads in the video game world (Jack Trenton was another) and I honestly think he cares and connects with the gamers. He loves Halo and I fully believe it could very well kick off an impressive E3 from them. Last years was obviously a disaster and they know it. Halo, Gears and Crackdown will be three BIG games that they talk about right away I bet..

Yep, Phil Spencer has a much lower incidence of foot-in-mouth than the average Microsoft exec. Destiny-like-stuff would be cool as long as they retain all the classic gametypes in the traditional way. I have a feeling next E3 will be great for both Microsoft and Sony.

Oh yeah.. It's a going to be a good time to be a gamer. I'm so glad I have both systems, lol. I just wish both sides would quite wishing death on each other.

And by that I mean Xbots and the SDF wishing death on either the PS4 and XB1.

Since Marty O'Donnell was fired from Bungie's BOD, everyone has been tweeting @HaloWaypoint with #343HireMarty. Join in y'all.

I'm pissed that they fired him like that. Seriously, he's been there for what, 15 years? They just fire him? Sickening.

Anywho, I would like a Halo 2 HD game for XB1, it would be nice if they could package CE with it since I didn't buy that one.

I would just like a graphical update to the MP for CE and H2. I wasn't really a fan of the anniversary edition, as that was just HR with HCE maps. I want the actual MP to come back. I doubt it will. If we see a H2 anniversary, I'm sure it'll be H5 with H2 style maps on it.

I still think H2 had the best FFA experience for any modern FPS out there. The map size was just about perfect for FFA. Now they just wanna make HUGE ass maps for some reason. Oh well....

My only problem with Halo 2 were the people that took advantage of the DRM glitch and acted like it was supposed to be in the game.. Then threw a fit when Bungie patched it.

I thought the BXR stayed in the entire time?

If they release an anniversary edition of Halo 2, I will actually be tempted to purchase an Xbox One.

I'm holding off in the case that we get a Halo edition of the Xbox One.

I wonder if they'll actually do "custom" systems? The Titanfall bundle was just a plain X1 with the code in it, whereas past 360s had custom art on the consoles and controllers.

I actually prefer the plain system, and glad they went that way for the Titanfall bundle. My system would look so out of place if it were white, black and orange. But I normally like everything to be plain. I opted out on the regular black Wii U instead of the Zelda edition. And the same with my 3DS.

I remember purchasing the Halo 3, Gears Of War 3 custom art systems. Sadly my Halo 3 one red lighted & my Gears Of War 3 one still works 2 this day

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"