Halo 3 Blowout

I think Halo 1 was great because it was a great game and it wasn't overhyped to hell like Halo 2 and apparently, Halo 3.

Grrrr! Do something!

This is neat. Bungie is thinking about recording female grunts and screams in H3 multiplayer for female players.

Also, Day 3 is up.

Those effeminate teenagers do.

Yes, alot of horny guys would probably think that was hot.. :o

LrgCawk: "I can't believe you'd kill a girl!!"
Me: "...."

WhatsHisFace said:
Screw females. Nobody wants to play as a damn woman.

Pffft. Play any MMO games? It's awesome to have a "female" alt. Free stuff all over the place.

Day 4 added, along with the Humpday Challenge.

Read it already. Some of the Bungie guys aren't that good at trash talking.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far, but I don't know if the "Call Tags" are exactly necessary. I've never really had that problem in Live :huh:.

Extromaniac said:
Call Tags?
"While the symbol-system for identifying your teammates in Halo 2 was a great upgrade over previous ones, it was also a little hard to blurt out "Look out, guy with the Ninja Turtle icon!" before someone got erased in multiplayer.

To remedy the symbol confusion, Bungie is introducing a new system for identifying players in Halo 3. Tagged "Call Signs," Bungie's Spartans will still have customizable logos, but in-game, a call sign will replace the symbol above the players' heads. What's a call sign? In the pre-alpha builds we played it was a letter followed by two numbers -- mine was L75. Not currently customizable, Bungie assured us that when the game ships next year, the call signs will be just that.

Get ready for a rush of 14-year olds using "69" in their call sign.

Weapon spawns and a reduced importance on dual-wielding are pretty sweeping changes, but sometimes it's the little things that count. The addition of Call Signs will make communication with your teammates tons easier. Once we'd sorted out who everyone was (our numbers were assigned) it quickly became natural to use the call signs instead of tags."

It's okay Boom, we still love you.

:meow:

Wah wah wee wah!!!!!!

Looks awesme from all the stuff they've added, but I'm hoping they introduce something as new and cool as the hijacking feature in the second one...

Yeah, they need a new game mechanic... that isn't the bullet wall.

A new game mechanic is just going to foul everything up. There's no reason to tinker with a hugely successful formula. they just need to make the game look very pretty, conclude the story, and do the same thing they've done with the last two and everything will be fine.

Tetragrammaton said:
A new game mechanic is just going to foul everything up. There's no reason to tinker with a hugely successful formula. they just need to make the game look very pretty, conclude the story, and do the same thing they've done with the last two and everything will be fine.
Well with multiplayer they're throwing in so many crazy ideas, like the Man Cannon and the bullet wall for instance, but singleplayer is likely to recieve a gameplay surprise. I mean, they can't just make the same game with different levels, otherwise they'd be no better than Hideo Kojima.

WhatsHisFace said:
Well with multiplayer they're throwing in so many crazy ideas, like the Man Cannon and the bullet wall for instance, but singleplayer is likely to recieve a gameplay surprise. I mean, they can't just make the same game with different levels, otherwise they'd be no better than Hideo Kojima.

Thwip thinks that's precisely what they're going to do.
Just add some prettier graphics and have the same gameplay, since Bungie is expecting the fans to buy anything that says Halo 3 and apparently they're just using a modified/enhanced engine of Halo 2 instead of a new one, or at least it looks that way because of the released screenshots.

Me? I don't know, I hope that's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"