Halo Halo 5: Guardians

so, xbone has this and TR coming out next year, while all Ps4 has is Uc4.

How long will TR stay exclusive? That will be important. And I think Uncharted will be the best single player game of the gen to date when it's released. But if Halo 5 can avoid launch problems (which the MCC experience and the beta should help avoid) and be the best multiplayer game to date, it will probably move more consoles in the long term.

Seeing that Halo 5 is getting a real beta.. not this BS that Evolve tries to push (PLAY FOR OUR THREE DAY BETA!) and it's still a year away.. No worries there.

I could see TR staying exclusive for at least a year.. and depending on where the Xbox One stands a year from now.. maybe forever?

Microsoft has always had the better lineup IMHO. I know guys who only have a PS4 right now for Uncharted.. I may buy one again when the Uncharted bundle hits, who knows.. but we'll see.

Seeing that Halo 5 is getting a real beta.. not this BS that Evolve tries to push (PLAY FOR OUR THREE DAY BETA!) and it's still a year away.. No worries there.

I could see TR staying exclusive for at least a year.. and depending on where the Xbox One stands a year from now.. maybe forever?

Microsoft has always had the better lineup IMHO. I know guys who only have a PS4 right now for Uncharted.. I may buy one again when the Uncharted bundle hits, who knows.. but we'll see.
Yeah, I think major online games need betas even if only to insure that they have something that definitely works and they can default to in an emergency like this. And in a way it's good that this happened as it should mean no new Halo title will ever have this issue again.

If TR ever went long term exclusive that would be a huge deal with implications for sequels. TR's no Uncharted but it's the best imtitator out there and softens the blow for a guy who can afford only one console and can at least partially fill that need.

How long will TR stay exclusive? That will be important. And I think Uncharted will be the best single player game of the gen to date when it's released. But if Halo 5 can avoid launch problems (which the MCC experience and the beta should help avoid) and be the best multiplayer game to date, it will probably move more consoles in the long term.

At least 6 months bro. Whenever we have a timed exclusive that was a planned exclusive, has it ever been less than that?

And Halo 5 definitely ain't gonna have the issues the collection had. Mark my word. I agree and would like to believe Uc4 will be revolutionary, but it's two AAA blockbusters next year vs 1.

At least 6 months bro. Whenever we have a timed exclusive that was a planned exclusive, has it ever been less than that?

And Halo 5 definitely ain't gonna have the issues the collection had. Mark my word. I agree and would like to believe Uc4 will be revolutionary, but it's two AAA blockbusters next year vs 1.
6 months doesn't seem worth it, and I'm assuming it was very expensive. 1 year would probably be worth paying for. If UC4 isn't amazing it will be a sad day and ,may lead to the 1st sign of probs for the PS4. Uncharted & God of War have always been my favourite PS exclusives.

6 months doesn't seem worth it, and I'm assuming it was very expensive. 1 year would probably be worth paying for. If UC4 isn't amazing it will be a sad day and ,may lead to the 1st sign of probs for the PS4. Uncharted & God of War have always been my favourite PS exclusives.
well i'm sayin it is at LEAST 6 months. It'll probably be longer than that though.

We thought ISS would be amazing, we thought driveclub would be amazing, Uncharted has made a name for itself so yeah if it ain't amazing then it's gonna be a sad and bad day for sony. My point though is that that is the only known existing IP AAA exclusive coming out next year, and microsoft's got two.

well i'm sayin it is at LEAST 6 months. It'll probably be longer than that though.

We thought ISS would be amazing, we thought driveclub would be amazing, Uncharted has made a name for itself so yeah if it ain't amazing then it's gonna be a sad and bad day for sony. My point though is that that is the only known existing IP AAA exclusive coming out next year, and microsoft's got two.
Yeah I know you were saying that lol, I was just saying they shouldn't bother if they're going to do less than an year (not that you think they will). Yeah there seems to have been a loads of disappointments. Watchdogs & Destiny (the biggest) as well as the ones you mentioned, Unity to an extent (more mixed). Even TitanFall was fun but it's not the next big thing that people will be playing for years afterwards.

The other thing people (incuding myself) comlpained about Halo & Gears being all that Microsoft had in the past. Now that they are doing better on single player exclusives and with many big titles disappointing, expecially Destiny which I thought could have changed things, people could be drawn back to those 2 when they rerelease (particularly Halo) from Halo 5 onwards. And on an individual basis I think multiplayer exclusives with a good history are more important than single singleplayer ones as it's difficult to replay a solo game every day even if you love it but quite normal on a multiplayer game. And for those really into a particular title, that one purchase and its sequels can justify getting a new machine almost by itself. (I could say that with Gears as I played Horde every day for a few years)

Yeah I know you were saying that lol, I was just saying they shouldn't bother if they're going to do less than an year (not that you think they will). Yeah there seems to have been a loads of disappointments. Watchdogs & Destiny (the biggest) as well as the ones you mentioned, Unity to an extent (more mixed). Even TitanFall was fun but it's not the next big thing that people will be playing for years afterwards.

The other thing people (incuding myself) comlpained about Halo & Gears being all that Microsoft had in the past. Now that they are doing better on single player exclusives and with many big titles disappointing, expecially Destiny which I thought could have changed things, people could be drawn back to those 2 when they rerelease (particularly Halo) from Halo 5 onwards. And on an individual basis I think multiplayer exclusives with a good history are more important than single singleplayer ones as it's difficult to replay a solo game every day even if you love it but quite normal on a multiplayer game. And for those really into a particular title, that one purchase and its sequels can justify getting a new machine almost by itself. (I could say that with Gears as I played Horde every day for a few years)
xbox also had splinter cell conviction. it didn't stay exclusive but the point is that it didn't go to Ps3. they got fable, i think ME is recognized as an xbox franchise, and for next year they have rotr and halo 5. sure, it may not be as much as playstation's or nintendo's for that matter, but they have the highest attach rates. halo 3 sold over 10 million, and the uncharted series which was Ps3's greatest, couldn't even crack that. I'm confident Uc4 will do those numbers tho

xbox also had splinter cell conviction. it didn't stay exclusive but the point is that it didn't go to Ps3. they got fable, i think ME is recognized as an xbox franchise, and for next year they have rotr and halo 5. sure, it may not be as much as playstation's or nintendo's for that matter, but they have the highest attach rates. halo 3 sold over 10 million, and the uncharted series which was Ps3's greatest, couldn't even crack that. I'm confident Uc4 will do those numbers tho
I think with exclusives the overall appearance of the slate matters where PS3 took a dump on 360. But individually something like Halo and to a lesser extent Gears can move consoles as people know that they can always play those games even when they are old and even if they miss out on 30 or so exclusives there are still a bad place of a lot more great multiplatform single player games. Microsoft said they'd spent a billion on content so they are going to have something to show for that and at least for now their position on exclusives is 10 times better than last gen, but they are coming from a very long way behind after thier disastrous launch.

I think with exclusives the overall appearance of the slate matters where PS3 took a dump on 360. But individually something like Halo and to a lesser extent Gears can move consoles as people know that they can always play those games even when they are old and even if they miss out on 30 or so exclusives there are still a bad place of a lot more great multiplatform single player games. Microsoft said they'd spent a billion on content so they are going to have something to show for that and at least for now their position on exclusives is 10 times better than last gen, but they are coming from a very long way behind after thier disastrous launch.
as far as number of 1st party exclusives, yes Ps3 took a dump on 360. BUT, the few 1st and 2nd party exclusives that 360 had, sold far better than even the best Ps3 exclusives.

I'm pretty sure the only Ps3 exclusive that did 10 mill was GT5, and that game didn't even live up to the delays of expectations, so it lost a lot of momentum and popularity. See GT6. Big mistake even to release that on Ps3 instead of 360.

True. They'll be in a much better position on the exclusive front his time around now that they actually know it matters.

Just got back from my friends house, and he had the early access beta(I think it ends tonight?), and I played for about an hour. Its...odd. The gameplay is pretty fast paced, but the player movements are extremely sluggish. I would say the ARs are a lot more dominate this time around, so if you guys are BR/DMR/Pistol haters, you may enjoy the more spray and pray gameplay.

Its not bad, but it definitely doesn't feel like classic Halo, it feels like a completely different game, with a Halo aesthetic to it. It's not bad, but I'm not a fan of the sluggish player movement. I am excited to get more hands on with it when it drops to the public in about a week. This early access beta only had two maps, so it felt pretty repetitive. I think the public beta has 5 maps? So that should be better.

Halo 5 beta already? I had no idea it was so soon. How did it look compared to 4?

It was an early access beta, the public beta will be out on the 29th.

As for comparing it, it's hard to say. I think the biggest mistake with H4, were the horrible map designs. There were only 2 maps to play in the beta, and one map was a remake of Midship from H2, so I'm not sure.

I thought it was months away for some reason. Look forward to giving it a try. Hope it is a big upgrade.

Played the beta.

Not a fan of it at all really, it didn't feel like Halo at all to me.

When it's so far ahead of release I guess it could change bad place of a lot over the course of the next year.

Played the early access.. Perfect. This is direction Halo needs to go. Forwards not backwards. Irregardless of what some fans think it's either move forward of get left behind. Halo would be a dated shooter of some of the fanbase had its way.. That would be ok tho as it would be catering to them.

Can you expand on that please? How is it going forward? I heard they are going back to basics and getting rid of the armour abilities and jet packs, perks and loadouts etc. True?

I think from what I saw your boy is more lithe and dashes around even in mid-air, unlike with Master Chief basically being a tank.

Can you expand on that please? How is it going forward? I heard they are going back to basics and getting rid of the armour abilities and jet packs, perks and loadouts etc. True?
There's no loadouts, but you have double jumps, sprints, ground pounds, mantles, etc. It's basically the same movement that you see in COD:AW and Titanfall. I don't have a problem with them, I have a problem with how slow your Sparatan moves, even if you're able to sprint and other stuff. It still feels like you're running around in molasses, but the game is wanting to be faster. Right now, it doesn't have a good mix. It works great in COD and Titanfall, cause your player matches up to the pace the game is asking for, this doesn't. It feels off.

And 343 lied about no ADS. There's 100% ADS, and it affects your weapons accordingly. I didn't really notice with the DMRs, but with the AR and pistol, your weapon is way more inaccurate compared to when you're ADSing. The AR is pretty powerful in ADS compared to firing by the hip.

I see. I really want this to be good. At least they have tonnes of time to improve and respond to feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"