Halo Halo: Infinite

343 Industries founder Bonnie Ross departs - Gematsu

Apparently, Bonnie Ross is leaving due to family medical issues, and they are restructuring the top leadership at 343 Industries. The guy they are putting in charge to replace her is responsible for heading all of the fixing of the issues with the Master Chief Collection and making it what it is now. Time will tell, but I think this bodes very well for the future of the Halo franchise.

Condolences to Bonnie and her family. Hope everything works out for her.

343 Industries founder Bonnie Ross departs - Gematsu

Apparently, Bonnie Ross is leaving due to family medical issues, and they are restructuring the top leadership at 343 Industries. The guy they are putting in charge to replace her is responsible for heading all of the fixing of the issues with the Master Chief Collection and making it what it is now. Time will tell, but I think this bodes very well for the future of the Halo franchise.

Condolences to Bonnie and her family. Hope everything works out for her.
Good luck to her.

343 definitely needs new management though and this guy took a farce of a game and turned it into a success. Might be exactly what Infinite needs.

Good luck to her.

343 definitely needs new management though and this guy took a farce of a game and turned it into a success. Might be exactly what Infinite needs.

It’ll probably be a few years until we actually see any actual real positive change. It’s definitely not gonna happen overnight, but it’s something. I mean, if he can take what was considered upon release a fairly big blunder early on and make it a very fun and awesome experience now, even building on the original base and adding even more fun stuff to it, imagine what he could turn Infinite into?

Wonder if this is going to affect the Road map that was released about a week or two ago, or if they are still chugging ahead?

So, apparently, according to a very reliable insider, Bonnie Ross was actually fired and didn’t just leave due to family reasons (I think it was a little bit of both, and the family medical issue just gave her an excuse to leave earlier than planned), and that even more internal restructuring and shake up is coming. Apparently Microsoft was fairly hands off with 343 but are now putting their foot down due to the mishandling of Halo Infinite thus far and not delivering on promises, and the recent roadmap reveal was the straw that finally broke the camel’s back. The onus is kind of on them for not doing anything sooner, but at least some thing is now being done about it.

Don’t think we’ll see any significant change or improvements for at least a year or so.

It's claimed there were apparently false updates on progress and if that's so I'm not surprised they want to restructure and get more hands on. This is a crucial property for them and it's crazy how the reception has gone from amazing when the multiplayer was initially revealed to now where the lack of content and things that should have been in at launch still not being ready have put many fans off.

So, apparently, according to a very reliable insider, Bonnie Ross was actually fired and didn’t just leave due to family reasons (I think it was a little bit of both, and the family medical issue just gave her an excuse to leave earlier than planned), and that even more internal restructuring and shake up is coming. Apparently Microsoft was fairly hands off with 343 but are now putting their foot down due to the mishandling of Halo Infinite thus far and not delivering on promises, and the recent roadmap reveal was the straw that finally broke the camel’s back. The onus is kind of on them for not doing anything sooner, but at least some thing is now being done about it.

Don’t think we’ll see any significant change or improvements for at least a year or so.

Would love to see a source for this, because it also feels like one of those rumours that always pops up whenever people want to blame a female dev for a games failings :/

Would love to see a source for this, because it also feels like one of those rumours that always pops up whenever people want to blame a female dev for a games failings :/

Information came from this video, around the 6:36 mark:

That’s why I said “apparently”, because I wasn’t 100% sure if it was absolutely legit or not, but he also got some stuff right in the past, like the title of the game and the name of the Xbox Series S all before they came out. I am at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, unless more legit information comes out that contradicts what he said, which I will post if that’s the case.

TBH I think I'd be the opposite - Not give the benefit of the doubt to a YouTuber with an uncredited source. Especially when it lines up with a lot of online fan vitriol that's already blaming Bonnie Ross for everything they don't like about the Halo franchise.

Honestly, when I’m done getting over my current physical issues and able to get back on my feet again to support myself financially, and everything in this game is finally added and its issues ironed out, I might actually splurge on an Xbox Series S so I can play this game. The Forge Mode alone has me pretty hyped.

Honestly, when I’m done getting over my current physical issues and able to get back on my feet again to support myself financially, and everything in this game is finally added and its issues ironed out, I might actually splurge on an Xbox Series S so I can play this game. The Forge Mode alone has me pretty hyped.

Looks fun. Sorry to hear of your issues and hope you get better asap. Will be good to have another Xbox owner here if you end up going for it. :up:

Looks fun. Sorry to hear of your issues and hope you get better asap. Will be good to have another Xbox owner here if you end up going for it. :up:

The last time I probably played a Halo game was either Halo: Reach or Halo 4, I think. So, it’s been a while. Had a job from September 2013 to late October of last year, until I started having significant physical issues, which really started back in early 2018. Was also dealing with a lot of mental and emotional stuff during the last presidency from 2016 to 2020. Thankfully, I’ve gotten over most of that stuff over the last month, so, doing better on that front, at least.

Suffice to say, it’s been a busy and rough last 10 years, but, I’m determined to actually getting back around to playing one of these games. lol

The last time I probably played a Halo game was either Halo: Reach or Halo 4, I think. So, it’s been a while. Had a job from September 2013 to late October of last year, until I started having significant physical issues, which really started back in early 2018. Was also dealing with a lot of mental and emotional stuff during the last presidency from 2016 to 2020. Thankfully, I’ve gotten over most of that stuff over the last month, so, doing better on that front, at least.

Suffice to say, it’s been a busy and rough last 10 years, but, I’m determined to actually getting back around to playing one of these games. lol
Shame you had to go through all that, but great that you have managed to turn the corner. Hope you also manage to get an Xbox and get on Halo Infinite. For all the problems with providing content on time, I think the multiplayer is amazing. I also like the open world campaign.

This Winter Update is cool. So dumb the game didn't launch with coop as it's so fun doing the campaign with friends. Hopefully there is a bunch more campaign stuff on the way that can be done in coop.

Honestly, I think Halo's as good as dead so long as it remains with 343. The franchise needs a shot in the arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"