Halo Movie Director Revealed

Samuel L Jackson, please :(

"I'm tired of these mutha****in jackals on this mutha****in....plain."

:confused:

I have had it with these mutha ****in Flood. Hang awn to' yuh butts!

His short film with the aliens was fricken great!

This doesn't worry me at all.

I dont see why you're all saying no one is taking this seriously...they paid a million dollars for the first draft of the script for gods sake, Peter Jackson is producing, and Bungie has creative control...you people who are saying it's a cash in are really f**king high, or really f**kin stupid :o

I've heard the scrpt is great. Plus, every director has to start somewhere. James Cameron didn't just make Terminator or Aliens first time round you know.

Horrorfan said:
I've heard the scrpt is great. Plus, every director has to start somewhere. James Cameron didn't just make Terminator or Aliens first time round you know.
I didn't know this Blomkamp guy has won three awards already. Plus reading the interview has given me even more confidence in him.

WhatsHisFace said:
The script was proven awesome by LatinoReview, but this director needs to pull his weight too.
yeah, except they got rid of this awesome, 4-star script that was getting great praise on the internets and replaced it with a new one by a different screenwriter after having wasted all that money on the first script. :confused: Then they hired someone nobody's ever heard of it to direct it...there have never been any great videogame movies before this, especially one so high-profile, so I say people have a reason to worry. But we'll see how it goes. :o

Elisha Cuthbert said:
yeah, except they got rid of this awesome, 4-star script that was getting great praise on the internets and replaced it with a new one by a different screenwriter after having wasted all that money on the first script. :confused: Then they hired someone nobody's ever heard of it to direct it...there have never been any great videogame movies before this, especially one so high-profile, so I say people have a reason to worry. But we'll see how it goes. :o
That's just an internet rumor. Microsoft paid a hefty amount for that script, I really doubt they're wasting it. Maybe a revision or something, but they wouldn't waste the ticket that got them approved in the first place. With all the control Microsoft has over this film, it's probably an improvement.

WhatsHisFace said:
That's just an internet rumor. Microsoft paid a hefty amount for that script, I really doubt they're wasting it. Maybe a revision or something, but they wouldn't waste the ticket that got them approved in the first place. With all the control Microsoft has over this film, it's probably an improvement.
It's not a rumor. They interviewed the guy that's writing up the new draft.

Boom said:
It's not a rumor. They interviewed the guy that's writing up the new draft.
What does he say, that it's totally scrapped? That it's being revised? Tell me. TELL MEEEEE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :up:

WhatsHisFace said:
What does he say, that it's totally scrapped? That it's being revised? Tell me. TELL MEEEEE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :up:
What are you working on at the moment?
I write for film now, mostly – appropriately enough, I’m currently adapting Halo for producers Mary Parent, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh. I’ve got another novel finished that needs a second draft – and maybe someday, I’ll be able to work in games. I certainly hope so.

How far along with the screenplay are you?
Just starting in on an entirely new second draft.

[NOTE 07/19/06 - DB Weiss pinged us again and said he wanted to make sure this was made clear: "When I said I was starting "An entirely new second draft," I meant *my* second draft. I didn't mean to imply that there weren't many elements of the Garland draft in it, which of course, there are, in both drafts I've written."]

In other words, he's just making the Garland one flow better. It happens on pretty much every movie.

THANK HEAVEN!

I was afraid this was going to turn into BloodRayne or something. I have no problems with more drafts. :relief:

WhatsHisFace said:
THANK HEAVEN!

I was afraid this was going to turn into BloodRayne or something. I have no problems with more drafts. :relief:

That would take a colossal, apocalyptic **** up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"