Halo Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I haven't tried it yet. I just loaded H3&4 to see if they fixed vibration. It wasn't, so I turned it off. I may try later tonight. I'm pretty much over the game now. I've got other games I rather be playing.

How is it now? How is the multiplayer compared to the original games?
I've only logged in about 5-7 hours, but for the most part everything seems vastly improved. The biggest alteration is the move to dedicated servers. So finally shots actually register where they were supposed to. This was a huge issue with Halo 2.

The next CU should put some more polishes, but this last one was definitely the one that got everyone playing again.

Oh great. Look forward to trying it. How easy is it to find games?

Oh great. Look forward to trying it. How easy is it to find games?
Pretty much as it used to be in the 360 days. Matches within seconds.

There's a funny vid someone released when the update went live, and them going completely nuts that it was actually working. There were expletives so I can't link it, but it just shows the excitement of the fanbase that we can finally play "normally".

Haha, undesratandable after all this time. That's great. It's funny as back then there were only a few really popular games for people to play multiplayer shooters on console. Now each of those games has so many entries to share the population around. People still play all the Halos, CoDs and any other games so surely the population must fracture a bit being split across them all.

Xbox One
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One bundle announced

Published 3 hours ago. 31 comments.

Get an Xbox One and four Halo games for $349.

Xbox-One-Halo-MCC-Bundle-Ann.jpg

Microsoft will release a Halo: The Master Chief Collection Xbox One hardware bundle for $349 in the U.S. and select markets this month, the company announced.
The bundle includes a standard Xbox One console and a digital download code for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which includes Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4 running in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
A specific release date for the bundle was not announced.

Read More

Xbox One, Bundles, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Microsoft, Xbox One
source: Gematsu

Still having "joinability" issues? The game has been out for almost 7 months now. Good lord. :hehe:

Still having "joinability" issues? The game has been out for almost 7 months now. Good lord. :hehe:
this might be a little different. a few weeks or months ago I heard after a certain patch, the games was functioning fine.

Last edited:
I've been playing at least a game or two a night with no issues...

Any probs now aren't necessarily the same as the ones that have dogged it from the start. Every multiplayer game gets probs like these down the road on and off.

A friend of mine got a Xbone and got the bundle with MCC, so I've been playing it co-op with him. Never did play the 360 remake of the first game, so that's my first experience with this. Looks pretty good, too (wasn't sure if it was a full remake or a remaster or somewhere in-between).

I haven't played the first Halo since the original Xbox, so playing through it now I never realized how dull the environments are. Well no, dull isn't the right word exactly, more like...samey. Especially one you go into the underground. We just finished the mission where you follow the little floating robot thing and are constantly being attacked by the zombie things and we must've went through the same little corridor a hundred times. That whole section was pretty boring.

Funny thing about it, too, is that one thing I always said about the original Halo is that certain sections are so dark, there are even times when I found it hard to see stuff. Everyone always said I was crazy (including the friend I'm playing it with now). When we pressed select to look at the original graphics in one of the underground levels, literally the first thing he said was, "Wow, this is really dark, I can barely see." Heh, ahead of my time, I guess.

I'm having fun, though. It's basically a new game for me at this point since I really don't remember anything about the first one.

Nice, that would be an awesome to experience this all for the first time. My friend just got the Halo bundle as well and we've been playing online nightly for the past 4 nights with no issues what so ever. Seems like they may have gotten it fixed.

I don't remember much about 2 or 3, either, though I played through them. Never played 4, so that will be new one for me if we keep going.

The only thing that bothers me about 2 is I just don't like playing as the Arbiter and I feel like in campaign you HAVE to rely on Alien weapons more. Blah. Probably my least favorite campaign.

A friend of mine got a Xbone and got the bundle with MCC, so I've been playing it co-op with him. Never did play the 360 remake of the first game, so that's my first experience with this. Looks pretty good, too (wasn't sure if it was a full remake or a remaster or somewhere in-between).

I haven't played the first Halo since the original Xbox, so playing through it now I never realized how dull the environments are. Well no, dull isn't the right word exactly, more like...samey. Especially one you go into the underground. We just finished the mission where you follow the little floating robot thing and are constantly being attacked by the zombie things and we must've went through the same little corridor a hundred times. That whole section was pretty boring.

Funny thing about it, too, is that one thing I always said about the original Halo is that certain sections are so dark, there are even times when I found it hard to see stuff. Everyone always said I was crazy (including the friend I'm playing it with now). When we pressed select to look at the original graphics in one of the underground levels, literally the first thing he said was, "Wow, this is really dark, I can barely see." Heh, ahead of my time, I guess.

I'm having fun, though. It's basically a new game for me at this point since I really don't remember anything about the first one.
I agree with those issues. For me the campaigns have improved with every main game. 1, 2, 3, Reach, 4.

I haaaated Reaches campaign. Prio stuff was already established, I was looking forward to playing that. :(

I think ODST is the worst campaign, by far. Then Reach, H2, H3, H4 and H1.

I admittedly enjoyed Reach's campaign quite a bit.

I'd probably go:

Halo > Halo 4 > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 2 > ODST

Seriously? ODST had the best over all story. I loved the HELL out of that game.

Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST, Halo, Reach, Halo 2

That's probably how I would rank them.. Total package wise.

ODST was good but had less replay value for me, especially compared to 3 & 4.

2 that bad? Its the only one I own. Never finished it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"