Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sportjames23, May 19, 2014.

1. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

I'm absolutely not kidding. I'm tired of cry baby gamers just as much as I'm tired of broken games. If you ONLY bought TMCC for online.. Sucks to be you. I bought it to experience the whole shabang.. And while the broken MP annoyed me.. I'm actually playing it now without hiccup and getting ODST for free because I stuck with it.

So no.. Anyone that got rid of TMCC don't deserve to get squat. I mean where do we draw the line with entitlement? I bought Gears of War: Judgement and thought the game was ****. Where is my compensation?

2. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, to be fair, while I know the single player is a thing for a some people, I think it's not off to say that multiplayer is overwhelmingly why the games become popular. So, I think it's more understandable than you're willing to give if the game truly was broken in regards to multiplayer.

EDIT: The Judgement comparison isn't a very good one either. As far as I know, it didn't ship with a broken multiplayer. I don't think people thinking MCC "sucking" was really the issue.

3. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Registered

I would venture to say that 90% of the people who buy Halo, buy it for the multiplayer. I buy it for campaign, and I know I am in a very small minority.

They bought a broken game at full price. Maybe if they returned it to the store for a full refund, I might agree that they don't deserve squat. But most retailers don't take back a game that isn't physically broken. Though if the video game industry keeps this up, they may have to change that policy due to legal issues.

Instead, people who bought the game were stuck with a game that didn't work properly for months, with no recourse besides *****ing on the internet or to sell it at a loss (a particularly big one, since no one wants to buy a ****ing broken game). There's a big difference between a game sucking, and the integral part of the game not working for 4 months.

If not for ethical reasons, Microsoft should do it (give the poor bastards who bought this ****** collection a free game) for business reasons. The miserable release of this collection damaged the Halo brand and 343's name.

#553 Thundercrack85, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. Soapy

Soapy Registered

We'll see how damaged the brand is when Halo 5 comes out.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of people who complained about MCC will be in line buying it on day one if they don't have it preordered already.

5. Thundercrack85

No doubt. But if it's broken?

6. Soapy

Soapy Registered

They'll buy it anyway, complain about it, and then preorder Halo 6.

7. Travesty

Travesty Registered

8. Tron Bonne

If Halo 5 ships totally broken, I do think it would cause some real brand damage. But I do agree, I really don't think MCC's issue will cause any real drop off for Halo 5, though.

9. Thundercrack85

If Halo 5 is broken, someone from 343 will have to commit Japanese ritual suicide at E3 2016.

Also, the internet will probably go down due to *****ing.

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yes agreed, but not if the customers have already walked out!

11. TX85

TX85 Registered

I'll probably delete the MCC soon but only because I already feel like I'm over the remaster craze or at least these games in particular. I had each of them for a very long time when they originally came out and now I played through all of the campaigns again. I haven't played online on this console and won't until Star Wars:Battlefront and by that time Halo 5 will be out,So will just play that game's campaign and mp. Plus more space for other games is good since this took up a lot.

I didn't waste any money on it since it came for free with the XBO bundle,Lucky me!

12. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I only got this for the campaigns so I didn't face any problems except for a saving issue with Halo 2. I like Halo's MP, but I just never had time for it since I focused on beating the four campaigns. I'll get into Halo 5's MP once I complete the campaign, so hopefully that is not broken upon release.

13. Tron Bonne

14. Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man Ham Sammiches

15. TX85

TX85 Registered

How did someone become eligible for a free copy?

16. Tron Bonne

Bought and played the game before a certain time, I think it was sometime in December maybe? Not 100% sure.

17. Iceman

Can people who didn't buy the game before that purchase a code?

18. Tron Bonne

19. Iceman

Oh right, great.

20. Tron Bonne

Me and my friend finally got some free time at the same time and started Halo 2's campaign. I remember this one a lot better, came back to me pretty quick as we were playing. After only two levels, it's already infinitely better than the original Halo's campaign. Does take awhile to get used to after just coming off that campaign, though, since you die a lot quicker in 2.

21. Travesty

Travesty Registered

I finally played some MP today for the first time in months, and HCE is worse than ever. I go to Halo Waypoint, and sure enough, the last "update" made the pistol almost useless. The community is pretty mad about it. Played some Hang 'Em High, and you couldn't even shoot people from half the map. Classic H2 and 3 seemed fine. I didn't get to play H4 or H2A, but I hear H2A has a lot of issues, too. I didn't play that long: about an hour. I'll try more later this weekend.

At least we were able to stay in a party? :shrug:

22. Tron Bonne

We ran into a snag last night. Playing the first two levels of Halo 2, but the third (Metropolis) wouldn't load at all, kept crashing and kicking us out of the game. We went on to Halo 3 and it works fine, did the first 4 or 5 levels.

23. Trainwreck2100

Trainwreck2100 Registered

nvm

#573 Trainwreck2100, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  24. Tron Bonne

Me and my friend managed to finish Halo 3 and are on the final level of ODST, and wow, ODST is fantastic, I think it might very well be my favorite Halo. We still can't get Halo 2 to work online, though lol.

25. Iceman

Was that your first time with ODST? Definitely has a different feel to the other games.