Legends "Han Solo" Lands Miniseries at Marvel Comics

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/han-solo-lands-miniseries-at-marvel-comics
"Han Solo" is headed to Marvel Comics in his very own five-issue miniseries by Marjorie Liu and Mark Brooks, with a story that takes place between the original 1977 "Star Wars" film and "The Empire Strikes Back."

"This is a Han Solo who doesn't quite know who he is anymore," Liu told Entertainment Weekly. "He doesn't think about politics, and suddenly he's thrust into this life-or-death struggle for beliefs he didn't even know he cared about -- and it has changed him. He doesn't want to believe 
that change, but he has."

In the series, Han is placed between a rock and a hard place: he can help Leia's Rebellion by sheltering her contacts aboard the Millennium Falcon, or he can enter the starship race the Dragon Void Run -- something he's wanted to do his entire life.

"Han's been dreaming 
of entering this thing for his entire life," Liu explained. "He finally gets
 the chance, except there's a catch: Leia thinks there are spies in the Rebellion, and she doesn't dare send anyone else to retrieve these vital informants who are on various planets in the system."

"Basically, I was told that the story takes place between 'Episodes IV' and 'V,' and then they sort of just let me loose. I turned in several different ideas, but the core of them -- what I kept at the front of my imagination: He's this working-class dude who lives paycheck to paycheck who has a business to run. He's the Han we know and love. He's a con artist, he's a smuggler, he's this wisecracking, streetwise dude, but he's got this internal conflict where there wasn't one before. He's really trying to figure out who he is," she shared.

Han Solo won't be the only fan favorite character to appear in the series. He will, of course, bring Chewbacca along, and Leia will also stop by. "The Empire pokes its head into it briefly, but they’re not the main heavies," she added. "I would say one way of describing it would be, there's a heavy from Han's past, and there's a heavy from the present, someone who wishes to thwart Leia's mission."

Liu and Brooks' "Han Solo" #1 is scheduled to go on sale in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"