Han Solo Movie Box office Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by Thread Manager, May 29, 2018.

1. Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova Registered

They need to squash all these character solo movies and try to save face and make Episode IX as great as it can be.

2. Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova Registered

Please no....they messed up by having Poe being a “hot head” and getting all those people killed...and him not even having any remorse for it.

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

[​IMG]

4. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Registered

There's nothing in canon that says Kenobi spent 18 years on Tatooine watching over Luke every minute. It would be very easy to get him off world, maybe at the request of Bail Organa, and have a series of Yojimbo style adventures as he works his way back.

With a charismatic star as the lead, it makes a ton more sense than trying to make something out of a cool costume or some throwaway hints of past adventures.

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

There's plenty of evidence in the canon that says he did.

6. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

LF is very flexible on following canon outside the movies, if they want to do a Kenobi adventure movie, they'll do it.

7. Stark Bauer

Stark Bauer Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Kenobi is a Jedi. They can do something similar to KOTOR. That would put butts in the theatres. You would see a quick resurrection of the SW franchise and OW in excess of 150 M domestic if executed correctly.

I remain shocked by the lack of excitement and imagination from posters here regarding a Boba Fett movie.

1) Seeing a bad ass bounty hunter go John Wick in the SW universe, pretty much a space Ronin for hire, the sky is the limit. Fett works for no one but himself.

2) Kinda like a one man Guardian of the Galaxy. The possibilities are endless.

3) He can be even like Jason Bourne and be hunted by the galaxy and have a bounty on his head all the while killing the top bounty hunters or

4) show his own journey as to how he became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

5) A reverse perspective version of the movie Predator or even

6) show him going to a foreign hostile planet and saving its inhabitants from a seemingly unstoppable evil like the xenomorphs.

7) the man with no name Clint Eastwood style space cowboy lone traveller.

Like I said the possibilities are endless and ultra intriguing.

Solo continues to deteriorate. I am adjusting my final box office prediction in light of this:

$214-218 million domestic and less than $400 million worldwide ($380-395 M).

#757 Stark Bauer, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  8. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Registered

"Plenty of evidence" only holds until someone has a story to tell. That's the way fiction works.

9. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

A Poe movie at this stage could make Solo look like a raging success.

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

You could very well be right, but I would just like to see the premise or scenario to make me believe it could work.

None of what fans have talked about or suggested makes sense in my eyes.

11. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * numbers are not final / still in theaters

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Days to 90% of final gross: fastest to slowest (first entry in blue, sequels in red)

The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 23 days
    Captain America: Civil War (2016) - 23 days
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) - 24 days
    Iron Man 3 (2013) - 25 days

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - 26 days
    Thor (2011) - 26 days

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - 26 days
    Iron Man 2 (2010) - 27 days

Doctor Strange (2016) - 29 days
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - 29 days
    Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - 29 days (currently)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 30 days
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 (2017) - 30 days

Marvel's The Avengers (2012) - 35 days
    Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) - 36 days
    Ant-Man (2015) - 37 days
    Iron Man (2008) - 37 days
    Black Panther (2018) - 38 days (currently)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - 43 days

#761 MagnarTheGreat, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  12. Johnglen

Johnglen Registered

Man I really don’t want to offend you but wth are you even talking about ? Boba Fett a...one man GOTG ? Boba Fett as a spaghetti western Clint Eastwood character ? Boba Fett as john wick ? None of these things make any sense like ...at all. Using a Sergio Leone creation, of all things, to compare to ****ing boba Fett .....

13. Warlock

Warlock Registered

I think he likes Boba Fett

14. sueb1863

sueb1863 Registered

Boba Fett was a ******* bounty hunter. He wouldn't help anybody but himself.

15. Last Skywalker

Last Skywalker Registered

Its just hard to get behind a Clone.

Which has never been shown in movie. He was grown in a lab, grew up, he captured Han Solo. Took a dive into the Sarnak pit to gestate for a thousand years. If anything, he was more wuss than Wick. I've never understood people's fascination with Boba Fett, likely because That Character you seem to have in your thoughts(EU to blame?) is in no way the character that has been seen on screen. And iirc, his primary selling point was the armor.

Lol no.

Bounty Hunters with bounties on their head? You sure you didn't hit yours and then draw a picture of a Flux Capacitor?

*dry stare*. By collecting Bounties... amirite?

16. dhandler01

dhandler01 Half breed!

Not a bleeping chance. Boba Fett is a one note character that a bunch of hardcores mythologized. The movie would do well with about 50% of the SW fandom and the general audience would yawn at it.

Any shot of the Boba Fett movie being interesting died with the prequels.

17. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Boba Fett could make a lot of profit if it's filmed in a Canadian forest for $30M.

18. Stark Bauer

Stark Bauer Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

It’s gonna be great to revisit this forum when the Boba Fett movie makes you all eat crow. Mark my words. It WILL beat Solo’s opening week and total gross, domestic and worldwide.

That is all.

19. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Registered

I can see China, in particular, giving a collective yawn to a character they've never heard of and part of a franchise they clearly don't give a damn about.

20. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

You make it sound like that would be a big positive. :funny:

Read the rest of this thread and see how many positive comments there are about Solo’s gross (apart from a couple of guys who are new to box office).

21. Johnglen

Johnglen Registered

There won’t be a boba fett movie, Disney has basically abandoned these anthology films and will give all their resources to try and correct the ship with ep.9. After ep.9 launches there will be a lot of brainstorming in Disney about how to continue the Star Wars franchise.

My prediction, a new trilogy with new characters with Disney finding the most charismatic actors available (kind of how marvel studios does) to play the new characters unlike the mediocre nobodies they have on the current trilogy , since they won’t have the ot characters to rely on, and the rest of the SW universe being made for disney’s streaming service.

22. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I'd very much like to see how a Boba Fett movie directed by James Mangold would turn out. However, it's hard to believe Disney isn't rethinking or re-strategizing right now.

But if it means eating a plate of crow, serve it up and I'll eat it with a side of catsup.

23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

For the second time, Solo was above Rogue One yesterday. Both on holidays: Memorial Day (S = RO +5.68%) and Independence Day (S = RO +13.45%). For the first time, it was also above Star Wars: The Last Jedi (S = TLJ +25.20%).

[​IMG]

It would seem schools being out for the summer deflates the weekends and inflates the weekdays. And times when schools are in session with no holidays deflates the weekdays and inflates the weekends. Solo's early comparisons to RO and TLJ were crushed by the December holiday break.

24. sueb1863

sueb1863 Registered

If general audiences won't turn out for Han Solo, who's arguably the most popular character in the franchise, they aren't going to care about a Boba Fett movie.

Any word on when Solo will hit the home video market?

25. moonclaw

moonclaw Registered

no way solo is more popular than anakin, though I agree with your point. Star wars is a event franchise and should remain that.