Solo Han Solo Movie Box office Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it under-performs, I still see this making big money. It's not going to bomb like that dumb report from Screen Geek.

After seeing the teaser, my confidence is restored. It might not make it to a billion, just because of the heavy competition, but this will be another huge hit for Star Wars.

Every Star Wars is a big hit for Star Wars. That's not ever changing short of Skynet going online and wiping all of us meatbags out with naked Austrian cyborgs.

750 m is the floor.

I'd say 800 m WW is a good target.

Yeah I doubt this will crack a billion WW, but $700-$800M is a reasonable target IMO.

My opinion has improved after that Super Bowl spot.

My opinion has improved after that Super Bowl spot.

They'll have to execute this movie perfectly for me. We've been fooled before by SW, and DCEU trailers. I'll see Memorial Day.

This is Canon this is not Canon when it all comes down to making money.
The treasure trove of backstories,novels and so on aren’t being used because Disney would need to pay the past creators writers and desingers of those characters.
Ita a product now.
Anyway I read Lucas “directed a scene” or probably recommended something in part to a scene in Solo A STAR WARS Story which has my faith reatored! This movie will kickstart STAR WARS the way the OT has and continues to do in the eyes and ears of the world.

Against an overall budget of about $700 M due to the reshoots and marketing. They shot two movies here.

You believe that this film cost $700 million?

You honestly believe that?

There is no respecting that opinion. None.

Yeah, haha. Try less than half that. Before the production troubles this was probably around $150. 200-250 seems about where this'll end up, 300 absolute tops, and even that's pretty outlandish.

Yeah, haha. Try less than half that. Before the production troubles this was probably around $150. 200-250 seems about where this'll end up, 300 absolute tops, and even that's pretty outlandish.

Missed this post when it was done but what irony that you laugh at the other poster while missing the mark so completely yourself. To think that it would possibly end up around $200 million for production and marketing means that you shouldn't laugh at anyone for any prediction.

Rogue One had a production budget of $200 million when everything went as planned, and I can't imagine Solo being far less to begin with. Then you need to add them reshooting almost the entire movie, and while sets are finished it's really expensive keeping all that staff around.

The rumors that have gone around has been that the production budget nearly doubled with the complete reshoots, so over $300 million is looking pretty likely, and then a film like this has tons of money going into marketing. it won't be $700 million, but it could easily cross $500 million for production and marketing combined ($150 million is a downright modest guess for marketing for a movie like this). This movie's production has been a mess of epic proportions.

That's about what I expected, and I think if reviews are good & there's strong word of mouth, it will easily exceed the 200m mark in terms of domestic opening weekend. People are doubting its ability to impact the Box Office but let's not underestimate the Star Wars brand, especially if it's a good movie.

If it's 90%+ on RT, it will hit or exceed the 1b mark worldwide, with most of it coming domestically, in my opinion.

Last edited:
http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-story-box-office-projection-1202381856/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story has landed on tracking and the Memorial Day release per industry projections (not Disney) are forecasting a Friday through Monday start of $170M-plus at the domestic box office.

Sources tell Deadline that Solo‘s tracking is “pretty strong” with an unaided score of 28 that’s higher than Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($155M, 23 score) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($146.5M, 23). Unaided awareness indicates how strong the buzz is on a title among those who are unprompted in polling and it’s a priceless stat off which studios buy their TV ads. Definite interest of 55 is higher than Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s 53 and that latter pic opened to $117M. Males under and over 25 are the dominant demo here for Solo.

As we always report, these are estimates and we’re still three weeks away from the pic’s May 25 opening. There’s always a chance for fluctuation. Should Solo debut to $150M+ over four-days, that’s still phenomenal for a Memorial Day release considering the top two openings belong to Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End ($139.8M) and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($126.9M). The first TV spots that dropped during and following The Super Bowl endured some criticism from fans for various reasons, however, looking at this estimates for Solo, business should be fine for this Star Wars spinoff. Every devoted fanbase is going to have their passionate criticism and as we saw with the bold moves that Star Wars: The Last Jedi took in its plot twists, that didn’t hinder ticket sales from that film from reaching $620M stateside, $1.3 billion worldwide.

There's no way it's going to touch Infinity War.

Okay I'll bite.

Voted for 400-450M domestic and 800-900M worldwide.

Ah, the ol' "it better do The Force Awakens or Infinity War money, or Lucasfilm's failing under Kennedy!" schtick.

If it makes Rogue One bucks, they'll be happy.

Ah, the ol' "it better do The Force Awakens or Infinity War money, or Lucasfilm's failing under Kennedy!" schtick.

If it makes Rogue One bucks, they'll be happy.

Well, I'd expect them to claim they're happy. No company in the right mind would straight-up admit defeat.

I think it'll do significant bank, esp if they market to kids as much as they can.

4-day SW openings (non-holiday)
1) TFA: $288,076,417
2) TLJ: $241,565,957
3) RO: $172,677,831

3-day SW openings (non-holiday)
1) TFA: $247,966,675
2) TLJ: $220,009,584
3) RO: $155,081,681

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back