Hannah John-Kamen IS Ghost

Discussion in 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Speed Force

Speed Force Your phone's charged

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/b...ohn-kamen-in-ant-man-and-the-wasp-1202456011/

2. Godzillasaurus

Godzillasaurus Someone with no strings

She's hot. I wonder if her role will be sizable

3. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I hope that Marvel don't killer her off like they did with Red Skull and Ronan.

Ghost is needed for Iron Man 4 since Armor Wars is the definitive Iron Man story.

Ghost is needed for Thunderbolts and it's a waste to bring Zemo into the MCU if Ghost won't join him.

I also really like the choice of a female Ghost since Ghost's gender was ambiguous back in the 90s Iron Man cartoon. Hannah John-Kamen is also racially ambiguous which is a huge plus for Ghost who really tries to be a nonperson. Awesome casting. Don't blow her in one film.

4. Speed Force

I'm interested to see how the suit translates to film. It's a really cool design in the comics

5. Dasher10

If we can get an all white suit that shows zero skin in a CBM, that sets up the possibility for more colorful costumes in bright tints and hues... and Moon Knight possibly translating to live-action.

6. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Interesting casting choice. I've always though ghost had an interesting costume and I wanted to see him (now her) in the MCU.

Hope she lives on as a villain so we can see her fight with Iron Man

7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Ant-Man & Wasp vs Ghost. Thats going to be cool.

8. Dasher10

I'm just scared that Marvel will do what they did with Red Skull, Crossbones, Ultron or Ronan where they effectively wasted the character. In general, killing off major villains is a huge issue that the MCU has.

Keep in mind that I can still see three of the above returning. Red Skull was defeated by the Space Gem so he's likely just been transported elsewhere so we can possibly get an adaptation of Red Zone.

Ultron presumably uploaded himself elsewhere.

Ronan is a Kree. The Kree constantly clone themselves and it's likely that the Kree have a backup copy.

But Crossbones is dead... which means we'll never get an adaptation of The Death of Captain America.

9. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Not sure how that character being dead would prevent an adaptation. None of their adaptations have ever been or ever will be just like the comic story.

On an unrelated note: so far I've seen no fanboy rage over a race and gender swapped character?!!!? Will wonders never cease.

10. Venom 1988

Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Probably because Ghost is essentially a C-list villain. Honestly I don't care either way, I'm just glad that Ghost will be appearing in a movie lol. I thought his only chance of showing up was going to be in an Iron Man movie. But since the 1st Ant-Man movie dealt with corporate espionage, I assume that thread will be continue with this movie and Ghost will fit right in.

11. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

The actual announcement got hugely overshadowed by the news of Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne joining the cast, as well as all the craziness for Ragnarok and Black Panther at the panel.

I've seen people who usually cover this thing that didn't even realize Ghost had been confirmed until I mentioned it.

12. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I've been wanting the The Ghost in live action since the Iron Man franchise got off the ground and ten years on it's happening, albeit not in an Iron Man movie and with a gender change, which I don't think matters too much, the suit and the tech are the key elements I want to see with The Ghost, sort of a Boba Fett deal.

It will be interesting to see what look they go for, or if it will be an amalgamation of the various looks over the years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Nathan_Koren

Nathan_Koren Mandalorian/Force Adept

Oh wow...dats ....dats a hot ghost...Damn more research to learn a bit more.

14. Speed Force

Yep, HR. I'm looking forward to seeing how her suit will look.

15. Zant

Zant Well-Known Member

So Ghost is in this film huh, We are not getting a solo Iron man film anytime soon are we?

16. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

That second picture is what I'm used to with the character. Honestly, if you had shown me the others, I would have thought it was Moon Knight.

17. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

I'm a little miffed at the gender swap, but I'll get over it. I've been wanting to see this character for a while.

18. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

I thought that was already rather obvious.

19. Dasher10

Because Ghost wears a costume that covers the entire body and the 1990s Iron Man cartoon version was kept androgynous.

And the comics never should have revealed that Ghost was a white guy under the mask.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Next thing you know, they are going to add Madame Masque as well.

21. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Agent Carter? ;)

22. Dasher10

Yeah but she was never Guileta Nefaria, never called herself Madame Masque and never wore the costume.

23. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The first image is classic Ghost to me. That's how I first knew him. I'd take the 3rd or 4th images though, but the 2nd one doesn't look like Ghost at all to me.

I hope Ghost does something like phasing someone into a wall like he did with Spymaster in the original story where he killed him off that way. That showed how deadly the Ghost was and why he was to be feared by Iron Man (such that Stark started sleeping in his armour for protection).

I don't see why Ghost is essential for Armor Wars at all. He did not appear in the run of comics representing that story (Iron Man #225-231). His story was Iron Man #219-221. He might have possibly stolen plans, but it was Justin Hammer who distributed it to other villains. Anyone could have stolen the plans (eg Spymaster).

Otherwise, is Force essential to Armor Wars too?

24. Murdock103

Murdock103 Well-Known Member

I'd use the 2nd image personally. I think it could be made genuinely creepy and it looks pretty original.
    I'd use 4 as well, but it'd be a distant second place in my eyes.

25. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Cool. Cool cool cool.

The 2nd image is 100% the way to go, very creepy and should theoretically be very easy to translate to the big screen. The gender swap isn't a very big issue, as Ghost's identity has never really been revealed.