Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my problem, I don't know Poni_boy. I haven't followed him long. I don't know El_Mayimbe either, but I followed him enough to know that he seems to project a very large ego, and he Loves to have his name out there. He loves to have attention. I don't begrudge him for that, but it was enough that It started getting on my nerves and I stopped following hima while ago. Only started again recently after hearing the MOS screening stuff.

Speaking of Mayimbe, he seems to have a problem with Poni who Mayimbe claims talks crap about him behind his back but is eerily quiet in his direct presence. He also mentions that Poni tries to discredit his scoops. It's over on Mayimbe's twitter.

Haha bloody hell :oldrazz:

29188499.jpg

Doesn't everyone talk crap behind Mayimbe's back? He's from Queens, he should be able to take it as well as dish it.

True, making threats on Twitter is silly.

Well, what do you know? Zimmer wrote another amazing piece of music (for Rush). What a surprise...

Yeah, I've heard it, I just wasnt overly impressed. A little anonymous. I guess I was just hoping for something big. It will probably fit Rush fine, which sounds like something to watch.

For the meh-fest that are Howard's movies, this song is a masterpiece. And I do like listening to it while driving. Safely.

It just amazes me that if a positive response comes up, everybody pretty much accepts it
But if its negative people assume it didnt happen at all.

Last edited:
Can't wait to listen to this score, its gunna be great.

I wonder if the music in the trailers indicate anything? There'll probably be some equally mellow and ambient cues in the actual score as well. I really hope so.

I also wonder if JunkieXL's presence will be heard. And I very much wonder what those 10 drumkits are gonna sound like.

I wonder...

I'm excited to hear the monster drum work. Strange how the screening reaction said the movie was complete, but someone else said the soundtrack wasn't finished.

Hans Zimmer, I just hope you play the Superman theme. But apparently that won't even happen, because he composes his own music for the movie. It's just a 50/50 chance for me. It will either be really good, or really bad. Come on, Hans Zimmer composed The Dark Knight Trilogy and also the Gladiator music. So what couild go wrong....

personally, i want to hear a theme. Superman needs a theme, to help identify with the character. He did okay with Batman, but Molossus was kinda bland a bit when compared to the B89 theme... i still like Zimmer's Batman theme, it's just not as memorable as Burton's

The Elfman theme sounds like a circus act

The Elfman theme sounds like a circus act
it kinda does in some cases, however, there are some strengths to it... the crescendos are very nice, and the general flow is actually kinda catchy. i find myself sometimes humming this theme while I'm playing Batman Arkham City... but anyway, i'm hoping that Zimmer does something special for the Superman theme.

kinda sad that he's choosing to go away from the JW theme (IMO, nothing will top that) and i guess thats fine, but he's got to make it stick out and be special. the reason i like the Williams theme so much is because it plays of the positive side of the character, and i want to see that reflected in the music.

when i hear this theme, i want to hear and feel Superman coming out of the music, like i do when i hear the Williams theme

personally, i want to hear a theme. Superman needs a theme, to help identify with the character. He did okay with Batman, but Molossus was kinda bland a bit when compared to the B89 theme... i still like Zimmer's Batman theme, it's just not as memorable as Burton's

Expect minimalist themes ala The Dark Knight Trilogy. These days Zimmer doesn't seem to be very interested in creating full themes. Instead he likes to make motifs out of the least amount of notes he can.

? It's hardly minimalist. There are layers of sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"