Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Soundcloud preview, the music reminds of the STAS theme in that it sounds like the instruments are "saying" the word "Superman". Same with Williams' theme.

Exactly. That's what I love about it. It's saying "Superman" in a different set of notes - but it's still saying "Superman" which is awesome.

i'm in love with the melody that shows up in the first track in a quiet way, and later in flight, and a few other places

the entire thing even though it's just samples is a perfect blend of hopeful and alien

i remember how disappointed i was with the green lantern samples, and I'm glad these are already blowing me away

zimmer put 100% into this

i'm in love with the melody that shows up in the first track in a quiet way, and later in flight, and a few other places

the entire thing even though it's just samples is a perfect blend of hopeful and alien

i remember how disappointed i was with the green lantern samples, and I'm glad these are already blowing me away

zimmer put 100% into this

Which is sad considering I love JNH.

From what I've heard the action stuff leaves a lot to be desired and much of the atmospheric material, which seems to take up most of the score, is kind of uninteresting. Yet there are really good bits, usually when Zimmer is actually utilizing a motif of some kind. I do dig some of the Inception-esque synth. It's appropriately alien for Superman and especially this Superman.

Someone did a remix of the Williams and Zimmer themes...

[YT]Vk4Scr70Vps[/YT]

Someone did a remix of the Williams and Zimmer themes...

[YT]Vk4Scr70Vps[/YT]

lol, not bad... this made me laugh... the drums really throw the whole thing off, though. completely unnecessary.

i dont think it's necessarily "bad" per se- there are some good parts to this mix- but i do think these two themes dont need to be mixed together

Man of Steel on classical guitar.....pretty cool!

[YT]lz2RUaH05fw[/YT]

Am I the only one that thinks that the MOS App track (whose melody can be heard at the end of "Goodbye my son") is actually the main Superman theme?

Man of Steel on classical guitar.....pretty cool!

[YT]lz2RUaH05fw[/YT]

Really nice! Again reminding me of how great it is. I really hope the take off part of it, is the theme.

Am I the only one that thinks that the MOS App track (whose melody can be heard at the end of "Goodbye my son") is actually the main Superman theme?

Well, I could see it, too. But I'm not sure. I really am starting to think that the trailer music is the one.

I like how 'Look to the Stars', which is undeniably going to play over the opening logos, is a musical foreshadowing to 'Flight' and thus the main Zimmer-man theme.

From what I've heard the action stuff leaves a lot to be desired and much of the atmospheric material, which seems to take up most of the score, is kind of uninteresting. Yet there are really good bits, usually when Zimmer is actually utilizing a motif of some kind. I do dig some of the Inception-esque synth. It's appropriately alien for Superman and especially this Superman.

I agree. Zimmer has kind of lost his touch he's sort of hit or miss :huh: some scores are great while others are repetitive... His work on TDKR was "Okay" but TDK was amazing. Makes you wonder just how involved James Newton Howard was with the TDK score. The MoS music is kind of generic so far IMO.

Some new parts of the soundtrack is playing during the National Guard BTS video. I don't have much more to add than that.

I like how 'Look to the Stars', which is undeniably going to play over the opening logos, is a musical foreshadowing to 'Flight' and thus the main Zimmer-man theme.

From the 1 minute preview, I am anxiously awaiting the full version of Look to the Stars along with DNA.

Not sure which tracks they are, but you can hear some of the score in the background of this behind the scenes video for the National Guard video shoot as well as some new footage:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kz75IWt8YuA[/YT]

Alright cue, though nothing great to be honest. I like how the main theme is hinted at during the end.

DNA is solid, nothing special though. I like the ambient parts of it the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"