Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ DNA is kind of more of the same. The "Goodbye My Son" track seems like it would be more emotionally powerful and melodic.

I have a feeling the low pedal steel guitar motif is going to become synonymous with this franchise, similar to the "flapping" sound effect in the TDK Trilogy. Just that quick sound that immediately reminds you what world you're in.

I must have missed it. What was the first full track? The trailer music?

I personally love DNA. It has a very strong, classic scifi element, but with that fantastical, surreal quality the kicks it into high gear.

I love DNA. Sounds very much like something out of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

Do you guys/gals know what the link is to hear youtube audio when your country is restricted from accessing certain videos? I would love to hear Sent Here For A Reason.

The videos called "main theme" music is nice, but it feels like the soundtrack of Inception mixed with Ultimate Spider-Man game music from the Gameboy

I love the John Williams theme, it's perfect and well defining of the character, the 90s animated series soundtrack is great as well, I go back to listening to those when I hear the new one

Has anyone tried taking that Demo Track with the trailer music & doing a clean version of the trailer music as its heard in the trailer ?

I'm so eager to see what context that track is going to be in in the movie. As a stand alone piece of music, it's already incredibly rousing. I put some nice headphones on and just blasted it last night and it is seriously badass. If it accompanies something like a climactic moment where Kal-El hand Zod his ass, that's gonna be one epic scene.

I don't think that specific track is going to be in the movie. Hans said it was just his demo track for the score, and demos don't usually end up in the final product as is.

I'm surprised the whole soundtrack hasn't leaked already.

I'm surprised the whole soundtrack hasn't leaked already.

I am surprised as well, though TDKR soundtrack didn't leak until a week before release. But The Amazing Spider-Man soundtrack leaked 17 days before release (leaked June 17 while release date was July 3).

I am guessing Man of Steel soundtrack leaks around the weekend of 25/26 though I am hoping before the 23rd as I am traveling and would love to listen to it on the flight.

criminals

i won't listen to a single second that isn't official imo

Can't wait until that happens :up:

That'll be the day
tumblr_lm4d1y1XVt1qaqps8o1_500.gif

I don't think that specific track is going to be in the movie. Hans said it was just his demo track for the score, and demos don't usually end up in the final product as is.
Maybe it's a blessing
I hope the movie ost is all kinds of awesome

criminals

i won't listen to a single second that isn't official imo

Good for you.

Personally, I'll download and listen to leaked tracks and when the official album comes out, I buy it. I like to support Zimmer and good composers.

Plus, if people don't buy the albums the studios wouldn't release them and they'd be harder to come by. The recent surge of interest in film scores is a lot more recent than we remember.

I recall trying to hunt down the Batman Begins score the day it was supposed to be released. I went to 3 Best Buys, 2 FYE's, 2 targets, Walmart and a Strawberries and no one had it.

I think it's ok to enjoy full quality leaks of songs until the official album drops.

Movies, on the other hand, I will never watch leaks of. Even high quality ones.

There's something to be said about the power of the big screen at the cinema.

[/rant]

- Jow

^ Hear hear! Besides, who wants to see someone's home video of a movie anyway? I'd rather watch a "sweded" version! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"