Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked that that works so poorly. Did not like it at all.

And I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything. Remember the video of all the people at the con complaining about the trunkless suit? There are always going to be fans that want to maintain the status quo. It isn't any indication of how the public at large is going to react.

Doesn't change the fact that Williams theme and score is a tough act to follow.

Yeah the Williams tune doesn't work to those images at all. Not matter how fantastic they are on their own.

I never said it did work.

Oh and the first piece of music in the trailer is composed by Zimmer and Gerrard. So there is some Zimmer in the trailer, just not original for the film.

That's what I meant. It wasn't original Zimmer MOS music.

I love the Williams theme nothing will ever change that but if we don't move on now we never will.

I've been moved on from the idea of MOS using Williams' theme. I was just pointing out that some haven't.

Guys, you know how this goes. Hans will find a couple notes that goes well together and we all will be happy.
Hans borrowed 4-5 notes from one of the previous Batman films for some parts of his TDK Trilogy score, and I hope he'll do like this with MOS - just find something that sounds and feels like an extension of the original score.

As long as there will be a brass section in MOS, then I'm sure I'll feel content.

I doubt this will happen. Plus I don't hear any of the previous batman themes from the Burton/Schumacher era in any of Nolan's batfilms. I hear Zimmer's "Black Rain" and a ton of other MV/RC scores in 'em but nothing from the batscores before TDK trilogy.

So Hans might be doing the Lone Ranger? I hope that means he can throw all of his Man of Steel reject scores at it and come out with a kick ass Man of Steel score.

I hope Zimmer ditches the minimalist route for Man of Steel.

Oh and the first piece of music in the trailer is composed by Zimmer and Gerrard. So there is some Zimmer in the trailer, just not original for the film.
Gerrard and Zimmer produced (apparently) similar sounding music for Gladiator. But the sample on the MOS trailer is by Gerrard and Patrick Cassidy.

Not envious at all... :dry:

Looks like MOS is entering the final dubbing (aka sound mixing). Seems like the CGI and music are nearly completed, if not done already.

I expect the film to get its final MPAA rating within the next few weeks..

Looks like MOS is entering the final dubbing (aka sound mixing). Seems like the CGI and music are nearly completed, if not done already.

I expect the film to get its final MPAA rating within the next few weeks..
We are so close ! I can't wait, these next few months are going to go by so slow.

We are so close ! I can't wait, these next few months are going to go by so slow.
It would be awesome if we get some kind of sample of the score soon. Plus, I think/hope this is the beginning of a steady influx of new pictures. I'm hoping that we get a magazine article, along with some new pictures, this month, a SuperBowl spot next month, then the second theatrical trailer in March.

It would be awesome if we get some kind of sample of the score soon. Plus, I think/hope this is the beginning of a steady influx of new pictures. I'm hoping that we get a magazine article, along with some new pictures, this month, a SuperBowl spot next month, then the second theatrical trailer in March.

That would be great.

I'm wondering now on how long it'll take before we start getting reports of people claiming (whether it be true or false) of having seen the rough cut or the usual, knowing someone who has seen the rough cut.lol

one think is sure.It will not be as epic as Williams score.i dont think anyone will ever make a so epic music.Williams made the exactle score for Superman.Even if the new movies will be great and we will forgot about STM nobody will forgot the music.

one think is sure.It will not be as epic as Williams score.i dont think anyone will ever make a so epic music.Williams made the exactle score for Superman.Even if the new movies will be great and we will forgot about STM nobody will forgot the music.

:wow:

I will NEVER forget STM . Why would you forget a movie just because you see a remake???

I watched Batman Begins but will never forget the nightmare that was Batman and Robin :(

As good as that score was I hope the new one is even better.

As good as that score was I hope the new one is even better.
Ι hope too but i dont think so...i think that the score will be more dramatic than epic..like the Gladiators music..I dont think anyone will succeded to pass Williams music.i was 6 years old when i heard it first time in a greek movie theather,and i am 40 now and still caching me singing it,especially in the gym.

Ι hope too but i dont think so...i think that the score will be more dramatic than epic..like the Gladiators music..I dont think anyone will succeded to pass Williams music.i was 6 years old when i heard it first time in a greek movie theather,and i am 40 now and still caching me singing it,especially in the gym.
I bet you neeeever get any stares, do you?! :oldrazz:

i am not asking for zimmer's music to be as iconic because honestly that hard to do imo

i just want good music i dont need an iconic theme i just want a well rounded score that feels like superman

Agreed. It doesnt even have to feel like "Superman". It should be a score that fits the mature and "realistic" feel of MOS.

The score to Dark Knight Returns Part 1 aint half bad. A decent mix of "orchestral" and synth. Themes are pretty good. Timeless. Wouldnt mind the same approach for MOS.

Last edited:
That's overly optimistic, IMO. Magazine articles and new pictures are, I think, the only sure bet for the next couple of months. I wouldn't plan on seeing a new trailer until April.

Hans Zimmer's score won't come even close to being as iconic as William's work. As long as you resign yourself to that idea and take it for what it will be, enjoyment could be found.

Well although nowhere near as iconic I quickly got other the fact that we got no Danny Elfman theme in Batman Begins. I know they hadn't used it in the two previous movies but at the time many thought it would be more a return to Burton's style of Batman, I'm talking before we really knew anything.

Maybe some firm if a march, hmmm drums

Bring on the drums. If Zimmer matches the visuals in the movie and captures the vibe - which is a 2013 film not a 1978 film, he will have succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"