BvS Hans Zimmer & Tom Holkenborg scoring Batman v Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean we will hear a different Batman theme? seeing as the TDK Trilogy is over? or will he keep the old TDK theme?

Really hoping he brings his crew from TASM2 to this, I think it would fit perfectly.

So does this mean we will hear a different Batman theme? seeing as the TDK Trilogy is over? or will he keep the old TDK theme?

Really hoping he brings his crew from TASM2 to this, I think it would fit perfectly.

I'm 99% certain that this will be an new theme entirely.

New theme why use a theme from a film that has no connection to the new take on Batman?

Awesome! I'm definitely glad he'll be back. I loved the score for MOS.

I hope his new batman theme will be dark and gothic ala shirley walker's BTAS theme, hopefully way different than his work with nolan

I hope his new batman theme will be dark and gothic ala shirley walker's BTAS theme, hopefully way different than his work with nolan

I do think this is the direction he needs to go in to differentiate his previous Bat-work.

Maybe not a full-blown choir, etc. but simply a more ethereal and heroic sound.

Loved all his work on the Pirates and Dark Knight movies.

Loved the MOS score.

I'm all for this, going to be tough on him though, doing the same character but not the same character.

Not trying to troll or be contrarian or anything, but this guy gets way over-used. And most of his scores aren't that memorable. The Batman theme and Joker's theme were alright. I don't remember much from Man of Steel. Nothing compared to John Williams.. Danny Elfman's Batman score, even Elliot Goldenthal's for the Schumacher Batman movies.

I approve. I really dug the MoS score (the Clark Kent theme I find magical), and I flat out love his work on TDKT. Gonna be interesting to see what he can come up with for THIS Batman.

Ugh, i dont want Zimmer back for this. They need to let go of Nolan's trilogy. Zimmer has a certain way of doing things, and no matter what it's going to sound like the Bat themes exist in the same world. They seriously need to just use his MOS score and have him create some new sounds for Supes. Basically an evolution of the same stuff. But for Batman? They need a whole new composer.

Everything im hearing just feels like they've always planned on Bale's Batman returning but couldn't get the deal done, so they're just replacing him with Affleck, like some soft-reboot. Using the same composer, the same concept of a 40 something Bruce.

I want a clean break.

It is a clean break Nolan's Batman series is over Affleck's Batman has no connection to Bale's Batman.

Zimmer did a great job with MOS, and for that alone he deserved to be back.

Just because batman is in the movie doesn't mean they brought zimmer back because "they can't let go of the Nolan trilogy."

If that were the case, then WB wouldn't have recasted batman so quickly, superman would get his own stand alone sequel while WB would still be trying to convince bale to come back.

I'm very happy about this, not only do I love his work on TDK trilogy but his MOS score is in my top 5 comic book film scores of all time, and so far I'm really liking his ASM2 score as well.

It is a clean break Nolan's Batman series is over Affleck's Batman has no connection to Bale's Batman.
Technically yes, but there's a ton of similarities that are making it seem like it's a soft reboot. If they really wanted to put effort into separating it from Nolan's..they should find a new composer. Dont risk rehashing. A reboot should do everything in its power to make it different from the previous one. Not just change the actor and the suit.

Zimmer did a great job with MOS, and for that alone he deserved to be back.

Just because batman is in the movie doesn't mean they brought zimmer back because "they can't let go of the Nolan trilogy."

If that were the case, then WB wouldn't have recasted batman so quickly, superman would get his own stand alone sequel while WB would still be trying to convince bale to come back.
He did do a great job. I want him back for the Superman part of it. Not Batman. He knows it too.

That's not true. They were never going to focus on Superman alone even when Bale said no, because they need Batman's name for the box office. They were happy with MOS but not happy enough to give him another solo movie. They rebooted quickly because they had to. There's no time to wait for Bale since they could be waiting forever. Even if Bale decided to jump on board in 2 years, they cant wait when they have Marvel doing what they're doing. They want a piece of the competition.

Great news! I'm really glad he's back. :awesome:

Technically yes, but there's a ton of similarities that are making it seem like it's a soft reboot. If they really wanted to put effort into separating it from Nolan's..they should find a new composer. Dont risk rehashing. A reboot should do everything in its power to make it different from the previous one. Not just change the actor and the suit.

He did do a great job. I want him back for the Superman part of it. Not Batman. He knows it too.

That's not true. They were never going to focus on Superman alone even when Bale said no, because they need Batman's name for the box office. They were happy with MOS but not happy enough to give him another solo movie. They rebooted quickly because they had to. There's no time to wait for Bale since they could be waiting forever. Even if Bale decided to jump on board in 2 years, they cant wait when they have Marvel doing what they're doing. They want a piece of the competition.

I'll take a quick reboot over another origins story, everyone knows Batman's origin by now. Nolan made sure that his story had an end. His bruce wayne got a happy ending and that's that.

I'm excited for this incarnation of Batman, because now we have a chance to see his actual comic universe brought to life, and I can't tell you how long I've waited for someone to do that. what Nolan did was great, but he put his own spin on things. I want to see an already establish robin, batgirl, nightwing, etc

Folks why are many of you against these classic themes.

[YT]https://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=w3l8HLHwXK8[/YT]

or this....

[YT]https://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=pSVNXvcmzkw[/YT]

Or even this for Batman himself only.

[YT]https://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?p=PLEE1BF2E868ADEFCC&feature=plpp&v=sCwQzQGmbLs[/YT]

I say forget Zimmer and get Elfman, Williams, and Clement instead.

Classic spells for a lot of people, me included, C-H-E-E-S-Y.

Elfman always does the same thing, no matter how good his Batman theme was (I also think that Shirley Walker did his own theme a LOT better than him) and he is a pretty boring composer.

Williams Superman is pure cheese. PURE. Its too "hummable" and takes me out of the movie. I am glad if they never use it again.

What people like you, who are still fighting for the old composers for this movie, don't get is that is is supposed to be a modern version of those characters. Using stuff thats 30-40 years old is not helping.

I also think that Zimmer is a faaaaaar better composer than all three you named, no matter if thats an unpopular opinion or not. His Inception score alone is better than everything Williams ever did in my opinion (yes, even his Indy and Star Wars themes). But again, thats because of my personal taste of music. I HATE hummable music in general and want atmosphere and noise, instead of a pop song.
Williams is ABBA to Zimmers Radiohead. I choose Radiohead any day.

Last edited:
Here's hoping Zimmer brings his "super group" that he worked with for TASM2. They would almost most certainly bring something completely new and help Zimmer with his worry about treading similar water with Batman.

Pharell, Junkie XL, Johnny Marr etc

Here's hoping Zimmer brings his "super group" that he worked with for TASM2. They would almost most certainly bring something completely new and help Zimmer with his worry about treading similar water with Batman.

Pharell, Junkie XL, Johnny Marr etc

They worked with him on Man of Steel

Not to the extent that they did in TASM2. Some members of the super group mainly worked on the Superman's "main" theme in MOS but that was about it aside from a few minor touches here and there.

I'll take a quick reboot over another origins story, everyone knows Batman's origin by now. Nolan made sure that his story had an end. His bruce wayne got a happy ending and that's that.

I'm excited for this incarnation of Batman, because now we have a chance to see his actual comic universe brought to life, and I can't tell you how long I've waited for someone to do that. what Nolan did was great, but he put his own spin on things. I want to see an already establish robin, batgirl, nightwing, etc
Oh me too man. I would be beyond pissed if they did another origin story. Ill take this any day over that. Im happy they rebooted with a very experienced Batman. But i hope he's more in his mid 40s, with a very different character, and not just me sitting in the movie thinking "well, they literally could have Bale here in the batcave with a new suit going after Superman a couple of years after the events of Rises and it would be the same thing. They just replaced Bruce/Alfred with Affleck/Irons". I dont want that to happen. I want something extremely different. Even the Grayson thing if they have him. I dont want to feel like it could have been the 20 something year old Blake but they just recast him around the same age cuz they couldnt negotiate with Nolan.

If they have a big bat-family and start going nuts with more sci-fi/horror villains then i think that's a great move. But what if there is no bat-family at all? Or just Grayson as Nightwing? Then they stick to an aged Joker for the solo movie? That would also make me go "well, i guess they couldnt get Ledger so they went with this". I want new villains too or at least add Harley to the mix and give me a VERY different Joker.

Classic spells for a lot of people, me included, C-H-E-E-S-Y.

Elfman always does the same thing, no matter how good his Batman theme was (I also think that Shirley Walker did his own theme a LOT better than him) and he is a pretty boring composer.

Williams Superman is pure cheese. PURE. Its too "hummable" and takes me out of the movie. I am glad if they never use it again.

What people like you, who are still fighting for the old composers for this movie, don't get is that is is supposed to be a modern version of those characters. Using stuff thats 30-40 years old is not helping.

I also think that Zimmer is a faaaaaar better composer than all three you named, no matter if thats an unpopular opinion or not. His Inception score alone is better than everything Williams ever did in my opinion (yes, even his Indy and Star Wars themes). But again, thats because of my personal taste of music. I HATE hummable music in general and want atmosphere and noise, instead of a pop song.
Williams is ABBA to Zimmers Radiohead. I choose Radiohead any day.
We're both in the minority but i agree with this. I like Radiohead, dont love them but im with you on that. I respect and like Williams, especially his themes for Jurassic Park and Star Wars. But everything is so fluffy with him. It's 1 major theme song that's played over and over and that's cool i guess. But i prefer atmospherics. I dont need 1 major hummable theme. Give me layers, give me soundscapes. Especially for this universe where it's more called for.

Hey i love catchy tunes as much as the next guy, but not with soundtracks.

I love both Williams and Zimmer, I love both ABBA and Radiohead. :)

For me it's not as much about what it is, but how it is, and where it is. With film scoring context is a very important factor. I love Williams Supes theme, but it wouldn't work all that well with the Man of Steel Superman and world and vice versa.

Variety, and being able to embrace many different sides/styles/approaches of one thing, all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"