BvS Hans Zimmer & Tom Holkenborg scoring Batman v Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there is some consistency between MOS and BvS. Zimmer ought to reuse his MOS theme.

But no reusing TDK theme.

Oh me too man. I would be beyond pissed if they did another origin story. Ill take this any day over that. Im happy they rebooted with a very experienced Batman. But i hope he's more in his mid 40s, with a very different character, and not just me sitting in the movie thinking "well, they literally could have Bale here in the batcave with a new suit going after Superman a couple of years after the events of Rises and it would be the same thing. They just replaced Bruce/Alfred with Affleck/Irons". I dont want that to happen. I want something extremely different. Even the Grayson thing if they have him. I dont want to feel like it could have been the 20 something year old Blake but they just recast him around the same age cuz they couldnt negotiate with Nolan.

If they have a big bat-family and start going nuts with more sci-fi/horror villains then i think that's a great move. But what if there is no bat-family at all? Or just Grayson as Nightwing? Then they stick to an aged Joker for the solo movie? That would also make me go "well, i guess they couldnt get Ledger so they went with this". I want new villains too or at least add Harley to the mix and give me a VERY different Joker.

Hey man, you more than welcome to come to the "future Batman movies" forum. We could use your ideas, the more the merrier! :yay:

I absolutely detest Zimmer. Abhor his "music". It sounds like sound effects to me.

I wish for the days of Williams' dazzle. Or Elfman's majestic themes.

I hate themeless scores. Well if not quite hate, I think they are far inferior and betray the lack of skill today's composers have in even coming out with a single great melody. Zimmer is foremost among such, what he passes of for "themes" are just percussion or such, there is no elegance of construction, no melodic exactitude, no real orchestral color, just synths. And no cleverness or verve in the music, just relentless loudness and pounding.

The music is applied like wallpaper to the scenes, not composed for specific moments but just a numbing "BBHHHHAAAMMMMMMMBBBBB" applied indifferently and without thought over the images. What about actually scoring a scene - playing it on a monitor and then having music complement it, composing exactly for that scene, so that the tempo matches that scene, the instrumentation reflects the mood of the scene, the orchestra perfectly syncs with the acts and words on screen, like a magical confluence.

Barely any composers today seem capable of doing all this at all. This is indeed a sad and disastrous era for film music, where it has become a fossilized artform replaced with something utterly charmless and graceless.

Thank Zod. I was worried that we wouldn't get to hear his follow up to his wonderful Man of Steel work. Great news. :)

I absolutely detest Zimmer. Abhor his "music". It sounds like sound effects to me.

I hate themeless scores. Well if not quite hate, I think they are far inferior and betray the lack of skill today's composers have in even coming out with a single great melody. Zimmer is foremost among such, what he passes of for "themes" are just percussion or such, there is no elegance of construction, no melodic exactitude, no real orchestral color, just synths. And no cleverness or verve in the music, just relentless loudness and pounding.

The music is applied like wallpaper to the scenes, not composed for specific moments but just a numbing "BBHHHHAAAMMMMMMMBBBBB" applied indifferently and without thought over the images. What about actually scoring a scene - playing it on a monitor and then having music complement it, composing exactly for that scene, so that the tempo matches that scene, the instrumentation reflects the mood of the scene, the orchestra perfectly syncs with the acts and words on screen, like a magical confluence.

Barely any composers today seem capable of doing all this at all. This is indeed a sad and disastrous era for film music, where it has become a fossilized artform replaced with something utterly charmless and graceless.

Sound effects is still music..lol.

I pretty much disagree with everything you said.

Yeah uh, don't agree at all. Not in a world with the likes of Scott Pilgrim, Man of Steel, How to Train Your Dragon, Frozen, so on and so forth.

Not sure where I should even start...

This is not really a discussion to have with slumcat. It is against his nature to do anything but to hate on Zimmer and rest of today's poor composers. :funny:

Great news. I loved his work on TDKT and MOS.

I only have a few things to say about this: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope there is some consistency between MOS and BvS. Zimmer ought to reuse his MOS theme.

But no reusing TDK theme.
Agreed here.

I can't wait to see where he takes this. Building on his Superman theme, revamping his Batman theme, and creating a Wonder Woman theme from scratch! I'm glad Hans is back. Now I don't have to worry about a different composer coming in and trying to make a Zimmer/Williams remix for Superman. That would have been horrible.

MoS is one of the few albums-the other being Pink Floyd's Animals-that I have to listen as a whole, instead of individual tracks. It flows beautifully.

Remember though, it's not official. He may pass on it if he can't find a way to make it new.

Not sure if i like how Zimmer is scoring Superman, Batman and Spider-Man and could be doing Wonder Woman.

He'll keep the scores diverse; look at Daniel Elfman's discography. The guy has done almost every genre and for the most part, kept each score/series unique. Look at the work he did for Batman and then at Spider-Man; they're night and day.

I love Danny Elfman, but I would not call him diverse.

Yeah uh, don't agree at all. Not in a world with the likes of Scott Pilgrim, Man of Steel, How to Train Your Dragon, Frozen, so on and so forth.
Not to mention The Lion King, TDKT and 12 years of slavery. I know each one each taste but... really? :whatever:

I just recently learned he worked on the lion king, this dude has literally done everything. And it's for a reason, he totally sucks...so they continue to hire him

:oldrazz:

It seems like Zimmer wants to see how this movie is shaping up, story- and character-wise, before he commits to it officially. It still seems misleading to say Zimmer is scoring it, when he's actually weighing the decision.

And as for reusing themes, he can reuse that BB theme. It didn't reappear in TDK and TDKR, so he can do that. It was a really good one too.

I'll be excited for Zimmer to return I loved the MOS soundtrack (still listen to it every week) and from what I hear The Amazing Spider-man 2 sounds pretty dope as well.

Not to mention The Lion King, TDKT and 12 years of slavery. I know each one each taste but... really? :whatever:
Not all Zimmer work. I was just talking more recent composing in general. There is great work out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"