HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPERMAN! 75th Anniversary

Mig-El

Civilian
Reaction score
Thought it best to create this thread for this momentous occasion! :woot:

On this day, Superman made his very first appearance in Action Comics #1! Happy Birthday Big Blue!!

So much to write, but for now...Thank you Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel! Thank you Christopher Reeve!

23tpiet.jpg

Credit: Supermanhomepage for image

Last edited:
Happy 75th to THE GREATEST superhero of all time and my favourite character.

Thanks to Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster for creating this wonderful character and thanks to all those that have continued to make Superman's adventures interesting and refreshing.

Here's to another 75 years :supes:

He's about to get a grand birthday present with Man of Steel. :)

Happy birthday supes! You look freaken amazing for 75!

Wooohooo!!! Happy 75th to the one and only Man of Steel! Thank you Jerry and Joe for giving me something to love, laugh and dream about. I am happy as ever to be a fan. Superman is gearing up for 75 more. Cheers to that!

Happy Birthday Superman! May 2013 be the year where your character finally takes the spotlight once more.

Happy bday Supes. You're who I strive to be like every single day. Thanks for everything. Thank you Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Curt Swan, Elliot S. Maggin, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, and everyone who has kept him alive all these years.

Happy Birthday Supes! You may be 75 but you look 25! ;)

75 years today! Wowzers...

The first and best superhero around.

Happy Birthday Superman, thank you for 75 years of awesomeness :) here's to another 75 and beyond :D

bill dunn's come along way from the bread line. still ****ed up how he killed professor smiley though. :cwink:

Happy 75th Birthday to Superman!
May he have many more glorious years ahead .

Happy B-day to the King! :)

Happy birthday big guy! Wonder if anyone at the WB marketing department know its his birthday ;)

Happy birthday big guy! Wonder if anyone at the WB marketing department know its his birthday ;)
For Supes 50th in 1988 SNL did a mostly silly TV special celebrating that's on one of the DVD's I think.

I wish TV networks would so something like that now.

For Supes 50th in 1988 SNL did a mostly silly TV special celebrating that's on one of the DVD's I think.

I wish TV networks would so something like that now.

He was also on the cover of Time magazine.

Hey everyone! Don't forget that today is Lois Lane's 75th birthday too. DC Comics has not done a very good job of recognizing this but remember...Lois Lane is the first woman of comics and she was a pioneer in her time for women in many respects and the blueprint for years to come.

Lois Lane is the only other figure in the Superman mythos to debut in Action #1 with Superman. She appears on pg. 6. There are literally only 6 pages of the Superman story without her.

If you are in the celebratory mood check out some of the awesome celebrations going on today specifically about Lois and Lois/Superman in various places around the web. It's very fun.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...rry-tye-author

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...th-anniversary

There is also going to be a Lois Lane trending party on Twitter this evening for those who have accounts and want to celebrate. Hope you all check it out and join in the fun!

http://fyeahsupermanandloislane.tumb.../loislane75yrs

Happy Birthday to my absolute favorite fictional character!

Happy 75th to THE GREATEST superhero of all time and my favourite character.

Thanks to Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster for creating this wonderful character and thanks to all those that have continued to make Superman's adventures interesting and refreshing.

Here's to another 75 years :supes:

This :)

I still laugh at my mum, who used to tell me that one day i'd grow out of all this silly stuff.

I know that when I am 75, I will be sat in my little chair knitting the superman 's' onto jumpers for my grandkids and ranting about what it was like waiting for Man of Steel back in my day :D

To borrow a phrase from the awesomely eloquent gentleman giving us our new Supes movie in 2 months: Happy Birthday to the KingDaddy of all Superheroes!

Here's to another 75 years! :woot: :super:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"