Happy Death Day 2U | Universal

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score

The first trailer for HDD2U is getting attached with Halloween so we should expect it drop online within a week.

Not at all sure what to expect. Barely recall how she kept reliving the same day.

Just saw the trailer attached to Halloween. They're definitely going for a more horror comedy vibe now. And much more self aware, like she cant believe it's happening again. This time it's happening to her, the Asian dude and her new boyfriend.

Last edited:
Never saw the first one, but hilarious how this trailer totally spoiled the first movie.

Fun fact, Scott Lobdell wrote both movies.

I didn't know anything about the first before I watched it and I loved it. The main character was very easy to watch and I'm glad we're getting a sequel.

Hmm, red velvet cupcake. They missed a joke in the 1st one when the killer was driving, it should have had one of those "baby on board" signs in the back :)

This is going to be bigger than the first one. The Halloween crowd loved the trailer, myself included.

I was hesitant about seeing this get a sequel, but the trailer won me over.

It is interesting seeing the comments online from people who obviously didn't see it hate on it.

I didn't know anything about the first before I watched it and I loved it. The main character was very easy to watch and I'm glad we're getting a sequel.

I loved it too & Jessica Rothe is indeed very pleasing to the eyes.

The movie already had a cool concept (Groundhog Day but in a horror movie) but Jessica made it even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her in HDD2U.

As much as I hate sequelitis, this is one of the rare occasions when I'm actually ok with it. The first was fun, so another fun horror-comedy film won't hurt anybody.

Never got around to seeing the first one, but I saw the trailer for this in front of Halloween. Looks like a lot of fun and different. Going to try and watch the first sometime soon.

I LOVED the first one will watch this one when it comes out

I feel like they could go all out with a R rating if they felt like it.

the ONLY thing I do not like is like the first trailer they used 50 cent song but in the first film it was some totally different song on her phone when somebody called her

Surprised they haven’t released the trailer online.

Yeah I need to see this trailer. It didn't play in front of Halloween at my showing which kind of sucked because I was looking forward to it. I enjoyed the first movie quite a bit.

Any reason why Blumhouse hasn't released this trailer online yet? It's been a week since Halloween's release.

Having finally watched Happy Death Day, I'll give this one a watch too. I loved how they knew exactly how ridiculous they were being in the first.

I wonder if the reason the trailer isn't released online yet is because they spoil the first movie's ending and are wanting to make sure their audience has actually seen it before they let it loose?

It almost leans more toward the sci-fi angle than the horror one, which is probably a smart play.

The first one did a make a point though that she was slowly dying from reliving the day over and over, so we'll see if they drop that angle.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first one! i mean i smell a new franchise that is doing something different than just the same old dead horror franchises like Elm Street, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc. as i'm tired of the older ones like Michael Myers, Freddy, Chucky, Jason, Pinhead, Leatherface, Ghostface, Jigsaw etc. being put on the screen over and over again, Happy Death Day is doing something different and trying to make it's own new horror icon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"