Happy Time Fun-land (Positive post thread)

Adam

Sidekick
Reaction score
"Waah waah waah this movie is gonna suck, waah I'm gonna go slit my wrists and be miserable, waah, I hate fox, waaah I want an asian as goku for some unknown reason, waaah."

So yeah, this thread (unless someone locks it) is for the positive news / opinions only. I know everyone is entitled to their "woe is me" opinions, but the internet has enough of that and for the love of god, Dragon Ball was never such a huge master piece in terms of writing. It was a fun, action adventure. It wasn't a deep and intellectual page-turner.

I'm as big a fan as anyone, but I'm not ignorant. Akira wrote most the story from the top of his head. I'm sure two Hollywood script writers can make something just as good.

Can we all try to say something nice about the movie?

Although I have positive expectations for this film. You do know that your going to receive counter-responses right?

I hope not since I don't want to hear them in this thread

Very honorable, but naive. You have people like DorkyFresh who will try to make this thread into a *****fest. :oldrazz:

I'm cautiously optimistic, not outrageously hopeful but there is some hope for this movie.

it could be a TMNT 1, an X-men 1, mortal kombat 1, a blade 1...

No one really expected much from those movies yet they came out pretty good.

I'm cautiously optimistic, not outrageously hopeful but there is some hope for this movie.

it could be a TMNT 1, an X-men 1, mortal kombat 1, a blade 1...

No one really expected much from those movies yet they came out pretty good.

Or a Transformers 1 :D

This is how Dragon Ball would be with a bit of a "Mortal Kombat" twist.

Dragon Ball "Mortal Kombat Twist"

"Waah waah waah this movie is gonna suck, waah I'm gonna go slit my wrists and be miserable, waah, I hate fox, waaah I want an asian as goku for some unknown reason, waaah."
hehe, i take it that part was aimed towards me. considering this is supposed to be a POSITIVE thread you could have started it off on a more positive note at least...

Very honorable, but naive. You have people like DorkyFresh who will try to make this thread into a *****fest. :oldrazz:
aw c'mon...this is supposed to be the POSITIVE thread! so what's with the hate?

anyway....my complaints aside, i really hope that Stephen Chow contributes his wealth of knowledge for Asian cinema to this film. i remember watching the last fight of Kung Fu Hustle and thinking "THIS MAN NEEDS TO DIRECT THE DRAGON BALL MOVIE!!!" so i'm very glad he's producer. i'm sure him and the awesome 87Eleven (stunt team) that did the fights for V for Vendetta, 300, and of course the Matrix films will dish out some beautifully choreographed, adrenaline pumped fights. everyone knows i'm disappointed with a lot of how this film is going, but i know that at least we'll be getting some kick@$$ fight sequences and probably some great special effects. of course....Emmy Rossum is always good eye candy also :D regardless of my disappointment, i'll still be seeing this movie because it's frikkin' Dragon Ball!

hehe, i take it that part was aimed towards me. considering this is supposed to be a POSITIVE thread you could have started it off on a more positive note at least...

anyway....my complaints aside, i really hope that Stephen Chow contributes his wealth of knowledge for Asian cinema to this film. i remember watching the last fight of Kung Fu Hustle and thinking "THIS MAN NEEDS TO DIRECT THE DRAGON BALL MOVIE!!!" so i'm very glad he's producer. i'm sure him and the awesome stunt team that did the fights for V for Vendetta, 300, and of course the Matrix films will dish out some beautifully choreographed, adrenaline pumped fights. everyone knows i'm disappointed with a lot of how this film is going, but i know that at least we'll be getting some kick@$$ fight sequences and probably some great special effects. of course....Emmy Rossum is always good eye candy also :D regardless of my disappointment, i'll still be seeing this movie because it's frikkin' Dragon Ball!

:dbz::up:

Never noticed? Been around for awhile now.

. :dbz: :dbz:
:dbz: :dbz: :dbz:
. :dbz: :dbz:

And the world is his ;-D

I wonder if Stephen Chow would have still refused to direct if Fox threw more money at him..

It wasn't directed towards you in particular.

I still think this movie will make Chatwin a star kinda like X-Men did with Hugh Jackman

I wonder if Stephen Chow would have still refused to direct if Fox threw more money at him..

i'm pretty sure he still would have refused. he said he doesn't like directing movies that are based on an already existing ideas. he likes directing original movies.

It wasn't directed towards you in particular.

still, comments like that INVITE negativity...so i'd suggest you, along with everyone else, refrain from those types of posts if you want this thread to remain positive.

i'm pretty sure he still would have refused. he said he doesn't like directing movies that are based on an already existing ideas. he likes directing original movies.

Isn't he working on Journey To The West right now, though?

James Wong seems like a smart guy, but with some bad movies under his resume. I have faith that he'll pull off a decent movie, and with 100 million dollars and an amazing crew and a good cast, it might even turn out to be the surprise hit of the summer!

Isn't he working on Journey To The West right now, though?

not that i know of...he just wrapped up a movie called CJ7 and next up on his line up is a sequel to Kung Fu Hustle. however, he DID star in the 2nd part of a movie that was loosely based on Journey to the West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"