Deadpool HARD as STEEL - The COLOSSUS Thread

In human form Peter should be played by Cudmore, in metal form can be played by Cudmore or this french wrestler, because should be full CGI as he is in Deadpool movie.
And is bigger in metal form, same as in comic.

I usually hate recasts too
but in this case, an exception can be made

Is he going to actually be Russian this time I wonder?

How big is Colossus' role in the movie? More than one scene? I'm assuming he just won't be in human form at all. Which is fine.

i'm actually very surprised to find out that Cudmore declined to come back

Knowing now, that Cudmore turned down the role, I suddenly didn't have a problem with the recast.

If the actor doesn't want to comeback, oh well.

According to Cudmore on Twitter, he didn't come back because it wouldn't have been his voice and he would have been entirely CGI. He was basically offered to be a stuntman, or a stand-in.

Wasn't he already just a glorified stuntman in the previous Movies?

Kind of. He gets like 1-2 lines in X2 (and an admittedly cool "badass moment"). He gets like 1 in
X3, and like 1 in DOFP. He was basically there to fight/look imposing.

Colossus seems like a 3 stage character in Deadpool

1. Mo-cap actor
2. CGI everything
3. voice actor

it seems like the director just has a strong vision of the character that required all that stuff

Last edited:
I'm probably going to be hated here, but I'm not a fan of this design. Yes, the quality of the CGI is good, and he is comic accurate...but I dunno...I think going 100% comic faithful isn't the way to go. It just looks too plain or generic for my liking. I'm not sure what I would have done differently, but Colossus just looks "meh" to me.

to each their own I suppose
he's bigger in size (obv) but I think he has a more interesting face design, more classic hairdo, and the metal sheen looks better, more of a brushed aluminum instead of mirrored chrome
the only criticism I could find would be that the body looks perhaps a bit too much like Thor's destroyer, with each individual metal band having a slight roundness to it

Interesting to find out Cudmore declined to reprise his role. His loss.

This Colossus looks more comic-styled and physically more bigger like in comics (see his hair)

is he really Colossus from x-men's new timeline, as same as deadpool ? Kinberg said its a part of x-men saga movies, but it seems to have no connections with x-men saga, old and new timeline. just another saga like F4.

In old timeline 70's, young Wade Wilson is a mercenary who possesses superhuman ability. If this Deadpool is the same Wade but in new timeline, he must have super-ability too before the operation.

Last edited:
If the original intention was to use Daniel Cudmore's face for the role then this must be the Colossus that we saw in the new future. Then it would be revealed in the film, that he's finally mentoring mutants (like Negasonic Teenage Warhead) which is so cool. Just imagine if Kitty, Rogue, Iceman and the rest also have their own trainees or mutant squad back in the X-Mansion.

According to Cudmore on Twitter, he didn't come back because it wouldn't have been his voice and he would have been entirely CGI. He was basically offered to be a stuntman, or a stand-in.

I don't really know whats the problem with that. He didn't have a lot to do in the previous films and being in this film is actually more of a good thing to him. It adds another film to his resume, he gets to appear in a Deadpool film on his own without his fellow OT cast members which could lead to more X-Men film appearances in the future. I think his pride got in the way. Oh well. This was the chance for him to get a bigger role in the franchise.

I wish he accepted the role. I think Colossus looks great in this film but he's quite too big for me, look at his neck, he looks like a bouncer or a wrestler, and I would have been preferred if Daniel Cudmore was doing the mocap even if they will make bigger. Big but not too bulky.

Last edited:
They were planning on dubbing over him though even if he had come back. He wouldn't have been giving a full performance, which is why he declined to come back. In the previous X-Men movies he at least got to say his own lines, and not be in mo-cap the whole time.

Yeah I know but still. they would have still used his image. Doug Jones didnt turn down the Silver Surfer role even if they didnt use his voice.

WQlW74f.jpg

Just looks amazing! This is further indication(along with Deadpool's look and the last and upcoming X-Men films) that things in the X-Men or X-Men-related cinematic universe are more and more shifting comfortably to the "comicbook look" than way back in 2000 with the very restrained "realistic" looks. Just need Wolvie to don his mask before Hugh departs the role. Anyways, this is much more the Colossus I've known from the source material.

Yeah I know but still. they would have still used his image. Doug Jones didnt turn down the Silver Surfer role even if they didnt use his voice.

He's not Doug Jones though and obviously has different priorities. Not like he's not getting other work.

He isn't exactly an actor with lots of upcoming films with a big role.

Daniel probably wants to go up in his career and not down to Mo-Cap, after all even if you said it looks abit like him they are still modeling the CGI on his comic look and not daniels face

His tweets saying that he doesnt know why his isnt in the film, if he really refused the role its a big mistake from him, I mean he owns the role.
eAD4rhc.png

Z4sAkFk.png

He didn't own the role, he couldn't even fake a Russian accent.

Did Singer/Ratner want him to do an accent?

Did Singer/Ratner want him to do an accent?

Yes, but it sucked so Singer said forget it. Wonder why he let Halle do her atrocious African accent (I really wish they'd cast a great African actress for storm)?

I love this look to death, and hated X3 Colossus for the same reason Miller does. So glad to have a comic book faithful version of my favorite mutant on screen. I will be very excited to see Deadpool get wrecked by Piotr. He is Hulk-lite, and I hope this movie makes that very clear.

Had to chime in about Colossus, my second all time favorite Xman behind Cyke. He finally looks the way he should, thank you FOX. Now I hope he's characterized correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"