Deadpool HARD as STEEL - The COLOSSUS Thread

Apparently Liefeld says he's in the movie a lot. Which is kind of jarring. I wouldn't say Cudmore was good, but he was recognizable. This isn't a Jubilee situation. I see no reason for them to be tied down by a random Asian extra in a yellow jacket in the first couple movies. I guess the timeline is different though.

Apparently Liefeld says he's in the movie a lot. Which is kind of jarring. I wouldn't say Cudmore was good, but he was recognizable. This isn't a Jubilee situation. I see no reason for them to be tied down by a random Asian extra in a yellow jacket in the first couple movies. I guess the timeline is different though.

I wouldn't say he was all that recognizable either

he's like the definition of "generic big white guy"

He's only noticeable to the fans or to people that are very aware of comic-book movies, in my opinion. I don't know if a lot of the mainstream audience noticed Colossus in the Deadpool trailer like when they saw him when the trailer was aired in the theater. Like in my experience, he didn't get a reaction. Though I wish he didn't turn down the role for continuity's sake!

Don't think this was ever posted.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-put-x-mens-834951
As a long-serving member of the X-Men's comic book incarnation — he first appeared in 1975's Giant-Size X-Men No. 1, the issue which also debuted Storm and Nightcrawler, and introduced Wolverine to the team — Colossus has shown up in Fox's X-Men movies on a number of occasions. However, he never really received the spotlight he deserved. Next year's Deadpool, however, might change that.

"The Colossus you're going to see in Deadpool is very true to the original character in the comic book," Andre Tricoteux, who plays the hero in the movie, told TechTimes. "Tim Miller had a really clear vision, and the Deadpool people had a really clear vision of what they wanted. They wanted Colossus to be very traditional to the original story."

Tricoteux is actually the second actor to play the character onscreen, with Daniel Cudmore having taken on the role when the hero made appearances in X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand and 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Each of those appearances have been little more than cameos, however, and Tricoteux promises more from Deadpool.

"I think you're going to get to see more of who Colossus is," he said. "I think people will get a better sense of who he is. But I think there's still a lot more to be told about him. Colossus had been around in the comics since the '70s, so I mean, I think you could do your own movie on him."

And if that's not enough for the comic book faithful, Tricoteux — who, like Colossus' comic book incarnation, is Russian — teases that the character's ethnicity onscreen might finally match his origins. "I can't give too much away," he said, before adding, "We kept it very traditional to the comic book. Actually, we kept it exactly like the comic book, so you could be able to derive your own conclusion from that." Bozhe Moi!, as the comic book Colossus would put it.

Wonder who's gunna voice him though
is this Tricotoux guy Russian?? Doesn't sound it.... and I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a stunt guy doing voice work

It's very curious how before they were saying cudmore isn't back because Colossus would only be a motion capture character who wouldn't talk and now they say he
talks. It doesn't conterdict the DOFP ending since Colossus wasn't seen speaking.Still it makes the Apocalypse team a bunch of BS when they try to claim original trilogy still has any relvence to films now.Colossus now with russian accent puts hole in the characters remain same line.

It's a soft reboot, but I don't think they've really ever claimed otherwise.

It's very curious how before they were saying cudmore isn't back because Colossus would only be a motion capture character who wouldn't talk and now they say he
talks.
It doesn't conterdict the DOFP ending since Colossus wasn't seen speaking.Still it makes the Apocalypse team a bunch of BS when they try to claim original trilogy still has any relvence to films now.Colossus now with russian accent puts hole in the characters remain same line.

No, they meant that regardless if Cudmore was doing the motion capture he would not be doing the voice. That likely had to do with why Cudmore did not accept. They never said Colossus would be a non speaking character in the film.

He's had an accent in the script as well as a strong supporting role since the first draft of Deadpool. That was always the plan.

Last edited:
It's a soft reboot, but I don't think they've really ever claimed otherwise.

despite attempts to say otherwise my postion if DOFP completly erased
trilogy,origins,and the wolverine.Since colossus didn't talk In future ending
of DOFP deadpool can fit the timeline post DOFP time travel if Deadpool does
indeed take place In present day.I have heard some speculate on film being
set In 1990's which poentelly if right would open another can of worms.

Of course the answer could be simple case of Miller being allowed to do
whatever he wanted as long as it remained in 60 million budget and they
gave no thought of how deadpool would fit with other X films.

That 90s speculation, if it comes from DP making 90's and 00's jokes, is more or less BS. Deadpool always makes pop culture references and even if he made a really obscure one, that doesn't necessarily mean he has to stay in the time period those things happen. Every interview we've had from Miller recently states that Fox gave him a list of characters he could use and kept tabs on what they were doing, which, while they may not have a really structured plan like the MCU, probably means they are at least trying to keep things in line with certain A-list X-Men.

We're getting the Blackbird, we're getting a young X-Men in training in Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Deadpool references the X-Men, the setting of the film itself seems very modern. We're probably not in the early 1990s. We could maybe be set in the 2000s or 2010s before 2023 and it wouldn't make much of a difference though.

I wonder who was on this list, I gather there must be some restrictions since I know it was said they needed approval for the bigger characters

I assume cable was on the list

Outside of scheduling conflicts keeping him out of the film, I'm sure Jackman/Wolverine was on that list as well
the logistics of using Fox's biggest character, one with a convoluted, time-travel-altered history, must've been practically impossible to fit him in to the time-line of Deadpool

That 90s speculation, if it comes from DP making 90's and 00's jokes, is more or less BS. Deadpool always makes pop culture references and even if he made a really obscure one, that doesn't necessarily mean he has to stay in the time period those things happen. Every interview we've had from Miller recently states that Fox gave him a list of characters he could use and kept tabs on what they were doing, which, while they may not have a really structured plan like the MCU, probably means they are at least trying to keep things in line with certain A-list X-Men.

We're getting the Blackbird, we're getting a young X-Men in training in Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Deadpool references the X-Men, the setting of the film itself seems very modern. We're probably not in the early 1990s. We could maybe be set in the 2000s or 2010s before 2023 and it wouldn't make much of a difference though.

since
It has been said vanessa doesn't become copycat In this film but would happen In sequel
I hope deadpool Isn't in present with the origin taking place In 1990's
that would cause trouble with vanessa's age especilly since someone pointed it one of trailers appears to have her in some kind of chamber

As long as things don't go too much off the rails that causes trouble down
the road Deadpool should be fine since it's doudtful we will see colossus again in main X-Men films for awhile.

With regards to Cable, I recall Fox consulted with Liefeld before they began Deadpool (perhaps right after the test footage was leaked, don't recall the exact date but I do recall Liefeld talking about meeting with Fox) and he recommended that Cable stay out of the first Deadpool movie. Given that Cable was also an idea bounced around during DOFP's writing process as to who would be the time traveler in that film, it's probably safe to say that Fox is trying to find a good place to use Cable and would as a result try to keep him from being used in a film that would limit his usage elsewhere.

Also Marvel, that scene you put in the spoiler tags is probably near the end of the film, but either way, probably not something to fret about.

Kinberg confirmed the film is in present day.Although the question remains when the origin scenes take place.

Carano gave us an estimate on that...
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-villa...ano-interview/

Gina Carano: She is… well, when I talked to Tim about getting the job, I did a little bit of research and there wasn’t as much on this character, so it gave me some room to play with it. So this is actually my first look. My second look is much more extreme. It’s, I don’t know, a year to five years after, and Mohawk with the braids on the side. So she’s very fashion forward.

In other words not much earlier. As many suspected. They are not gonna age their whole cast significantly. All these actors look early to mid 30's in the present and we know many of them are in the flashbacks just by the trailer.

If people are still obsessing with how Deadpool can conenct to the X crew in the past just remember Cable will be on the way if Deadpool is a success. They don't need to contrive a way for him in this film.

Last edited:
This could be set anywhere in the 2010-2023 and no one would care or notice a single difference because nothing has happened in this period except Logan waking up in 2023. Deadpool is our first foray into that time period and even then, what has been revealed hasn't been anything particularly earthshattering or restrictive. Like, we get the Blackbird, acknowledgement of the X-Mansion, Colossus as a teacher and NTW as a student. It seems like very moderate world building and nothing to particularly fret over.

very few origins take place in the future...

so, yes it taking place in the past it a safe bet :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"