The Harley Quinn News and Discussion Thread

xFjByAD.jpg

Every DC Universe original scripted show except Swamp Thing has outlived the streaming service itself.

Titans - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max
Doom Patrol - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max
Stargirl - renewed for season 2 at The CW
Young Justice - renewed for season 4 at HBO Max
Harley Quinn - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max

Swamp Thing - canceled after one episode due to a paperwork/tax snafu

A damn shame that Swamp Thing didn't make it, but I'm glad Harley Quinn and the others did.

Every DC Universe original scripted show except Swamp Thing has outlived the streaming service itself.

Titans - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max
Doom Patrol - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max
Stargirl - renewed for season 2 at The CW
Young Justice - renewed for season 4 at HBO Max
Harley Quinn - renewed for season 3 at HBO Max

Swamp Thing - canceled after one episode due to a paperwork/tax snafu

A damn shame that Swamp Thing didn't make it, but I'm glad Harley Quinn and the others did.
Just goes to show that DC Universe service was underrated as it didn't get as many viewers. Still think people were far too critical about it from the beginning.

Just goes to show that DC Universe service was underrated as it didn't get as many viewers. Still think people were far too critical about it from the beginning.

DC/WB just made a lot of mistakes with DCU. Starting with launching it and not having any carriers like Firestick and probably should've gone after that $3.99 pricing like CBS All Access had and do a commercials/commercial free option. But we're still keeping all the OGs that we got so we still win in the end. I just hope that HBO Max continues with making animated series for other characters.

Okay, finally starting this. A bit of a rough start, but it definitely gets good and attaches to you.

My favorite bit so far is Harley talking to imaginary Sane Harley.

I would get excited about this news if I knew anything about their animation process and how close this means we are!!!!

I just finished Harley Quinn TAS Season 1 and 2 bluray set.

Pros:
It is a pretty funny show that pokes fun at modern superhero tropes and the modern social media age. Other than the 1966 Adam West Batman and Deadpool 1/2, I'm generally not into funny superhero shows. However, this one is very entertaining.

Most of the characters are entertaining and have good designs and voice acting. King Shark is probably my favorite. I like how he is generally chill, but become savage in key moments. Also, I like that Batman and Joker aren't just running roughshod over it. The "haggard and low self esteem Gordon is funny , and also a nice change of pace from the stock "Good cop/loving father" he's usually depicted in other shows/movies. Seeing Bane being treated like crap by the other villains and his soft/caring sides in the pit crack me up.

There's not much action but it is good when its there.

Cons
Even though this is a Harley Show, I feel like Im the least interested in her storylines. KS, Ivy, Gordon, and even Sy Borgman feel more interesting to me.
The first season feels like a 13 episode take on "harley and Ivy" from Batman TAS. Many team shows usually do some spotlight episodes with members of the supporting cast, and I wish this show would do that more often. We go to see KS go back to the Shark Kingdom only late into S2. Sy was hinted at having a mysterious past, but little has come of it.

Clayface seems the least developed and his Shakespearean actor bits seem less funny as time goes on. IIRC they haven't even said which version this one is. I'm guessing Basil Karlo but who knows. Also, they need to be more creative with his powers in battles.

I dont like Penguins voice actor.

Miscellaneous: This is one of the few streaming shows that I dont feel like binging compared to other superhero shows. I watched 2 episodes per day, but didnt feel the urge to watch more even though I had all the episodes available to me unlike folks watching it as it released.

Overall: 8/10

Well damn, I didn’t even realize the blu-ray finally came out last month! About damn time! :up:

I just scanned what was the first new post, saw "King Shark" and immediately started laughing. :funny:

I hope they bring Psycho back on the team. He's one of the funniest characters and his arc in season 2 was already a big blow to the overall team dynamic.

The bluray set came out around Feb 16.
I don't have HBO Max, and I wanted to see what the hoopla was about so I got it from Amazon.

It has good video/audio quality ,but no special features.

The bluray set came out around Feb 16.
I don't have HBO Max, and I wanted to see what the hoopla was about so I got it from Amazon.

It has good video/audio quality ,but no special features.

So it gonna be like WB! Bland releases? I aint here for that!

I have been outright guffawing at that (and a few of the replies) for the last few minutes. :pal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"