Harley Quinn Girl-Gang Movie Based on "Birds of Prey"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just fancasting likely characters. Katana isn't a character to fancast.

My fancasts for Ivy are:

Evan Rachel-Wood, Natalie Dormer, Alexandria Breckenridge, and Riley Keough.

Jane Levy would make a great Batgirl imo.

That tweet really seems like (and hopefully) WB is pushing the BOP/GCS for that February 14, 2020, date they have slotted.

An entirely female crew? C'mon, I'm all for giving women opportunities but that's just being ridiculous.

To be fair though, plenty of productions have all male crew and that actually is ridiculous

An entirely female crew? C'mon, I'm all for giving women opportunities but that's just being ridiculous.
Why? Practically all productions are dominated by white males, but people seem to have gone by just fine with that.

It's one film, the production industry will be completely unaffected by that directive. And frankly, if it opens more doors for those women, good on them. It's no trade secret these jobs are more about who you know rather than your qualification.

Productions of this size? I highly doubt that. We're talking literally hundreds of CG artists, prop makers, costume designers, lighting staff, camera operators, catering staff and more. Besides, is it even legal to do that? It's one thing to make hires where the crew just ends up being all one gender, it's another thing to intentionally exclude people from a production because of their gender. Even the most male dominated of film productions is never going to be exclusively male for the entire crew.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they're being liberal with the word crew. Maybe a lot of the on-set people will be female, but I doubt all of the crew will be female.

I don't give a **** who works on this. I just want it be good. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Jessica Chastain (or) Bryce Dallas Howard (or) Natalie Dormer as Poison Ivy
Rebecca Ferguson (or) Summer Glau as Catwoman

Hannah John-Kamen (or) Tatiana Maslany as the Huntress
Sienna Miller (or) Katheryn Winnick as Black Canary
Jane Levy as Batgirl

Yeah, I think they're being liberal with the word crew. Maybe a lot of the on-set people will be female, but I doubt all of the crew will be female.

I think that's closer to it.

Hopefully the "all female crew" includes the costume designers because I would rather not have the over-sexualized garbage that was suicide squad. It said Ayer all over it.

Poison Ivy has always been a sexual character so I don’t know how you avoid that.

Poison Ivy has always been a sexual character so I don’t know how you avoid that.

She's sexual but not raunchy. I'd be fine with not having shots of her licking prison bars, a zoom in on her privates as she changes, a zoom in on her a** cheeks as she walks, and shots of her bending over to pick things up.

This is not sexual liberation. It's exploitation.

She's always dressed sexy so I don't know how you get around that with regards to costumes. If this was a Chris Nolan movie I could see how they could play it down a bit but for a world that is suppose to be very comic book influenced I don't know how you do that. I dislike how they've ramped up Harley's trashiness in recent years though, mostly because they've essentially taken the actual harlequin aspect out of her costumes.

Last edited:
Hopefully the "all female crew" includes the costume designers because I would rather not have the over-sexualized garbage that was suicide squad. It said Ayer all over it.

The costume designer for Suicide Squad was Kate Hawley.
Margot Robbie said that they went through many possible looks for Harley when Kate showed her a picture of Debbie Harry, lead singer of Blondie, from 1976.
Robbie told Kate “Let’s do that. That’s badass.”

The costume designer for Suicide Squad was Kate Hawley.
Margot Robbie said that they went through many possible looks for Harley when Kate showed her a picture of Debbie Harry, lead singer of Blondie, from 1976.
Robbie told Kate “Let’s do that. That’s badass.”

Kate Hawley also said that they were going to do the classic jester costume but David Ayer told them not to.

She's always dressed sexy so I don't know how you get around that with regards to costumes. If this was a Chris Nolan movie I could see how they could play it down a bit but for a world that is suppose to be very comic book influenced I don't know how you do that. I dislike how they've ramped up Harley's trashiness in recent years though, mostly because they've essentially taken the actual harlequin aspect out of her costumes.

Like I said, there's a difference between being sexy and raunchy. I have no problem with Ivy's iconic costume (a formfitting leotard with leaves on it). Or cleavage. It's exploitation when there's shots of her bending over, jiggling her boobs, stripping, etc etc. Especially when these things add nothing to the character.

The way Margot was filmed in Suicide Squad was downright /creepy/. It was basically a fap fest. I have no idea how WB let him get away with it in this day in age with social media. smh.

Suicide Squad 2

Harley Quinn Solo

Joker and Harley

Gotham City Sirens

Birds of Prey

Harley Quinn Girl Gang

The thing I don't understand is why they wouldn't just use the GCS brand instead of making a new one up? Is it in David Ayer's contract to direct anything called GCS or something? Harley's girl gang are the sirens.

Plus that team up is extremely popular in the girls fandoms. Most people that are fans of Harley have at least heard of it and know who's in it.

Birds of Prey is just as known in the comic community as Gotham City Sirens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"