Arrow Harley Quinn?

Nice little cameo. I had never caught her in the promos so I was surprised and I enjoyed it. However, I'm confident it was simply a fun Easter Egg cameo and nothing more.

I doubt they'd every fully introduce Harley as a character in the show, and they really shouldn't IMO. It would just be too hard to understand the character and where she came from without A) name-dropping the Joker when her background is verbally explained or B) verbally explaining her background without name-dropping the Joker. Both of those options seem lame to me. This show does a lot of name-dropping, but they have almost always followed up on them or they clearly intend to introduce those characters in the future (Ra's).

Either way, I appreciated this cameo for what it was -- a nice nod to the fans who are actually familiar with the Suicide Squad from the comics.

If the producers do decide to go forward with it, I can see them giving her a mysterious "multiple choice" past.

She's been a fun character in the comics lately and I'd like to see her stand on her own without the Joker.

I see her having the potential to be the "Deadpool" of DC.

If the producers do decide to go forward with it, I can see them giving her a mysterious "multiple choice" past.

She's been a fun character in the comics lately and I'd like to see her stand on her own without the Joker.

I see her having the potential to be the "Deadpool" of DC.

Eh, I don't know about that. Yes, she's always been a fun character and she sometimes does stand on her own without the Joker. However, so much of who she is and how she came to be is a direct result of her contact and experiences with the Joker.

I get that Arrow will have some Batman villains from time to time (which I have no problem with), but the Joker is clearly and rightfully off limits. Therefore, it seems a little unnecessary to have a character who most well known as "the Joker's girlfriend" in a major role on this show.

Eh, I don't know about that. Yes, she's always been a fun character and she sometimes does stand on her own without the Joker. However, so much of who she is and how she came to be is a direct result of her contact and experiences with the Joker.

I get that Arrow will have some Batman villains from time to time (which I have no problem with), but the Joker is clearly and rightfully off limits. Therefore, it seems a little unnecessary to have a character who most well known as "the Joker's girlfriend" in a major role on this show.

Agreed. The best thing she can do in Arrow is inject some fun as a crazy villain and maybe create some buzz, but I realized she's already done that through the cameo.

Yeah it says in the article introductory text itself there are spoilers.

Check out what he had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers.

I'll put a second warning by way of the post.

Yeah it says in the article introductory text itself there are spoilers.

I'll put a second warning by way of the post.

Oh don't get me wrong...wasn't trying to criticize you for posting it...I'm just surprised Guggenheim himself revealed that much!

Only an easter egg. Knowing this has hampered my enjoyment of the episode. I just want to see Harley.

The voice was Tara Song not the actress who provided the body, but it was a cool li8ttle moment even if it didn't have a couple of the closer up shots that were shown in the promo. I personally think Harley is ideal for Arrow, I don't see the need to introduce her with The Joker, you can just have some allusions within her story.

The voice was Tara Song not the actress who provided the body, but it was a cool li8ttle moment even if it didn't have a couple of the closer up shots that were shown in the promo. I personally think Harley is ideal for Arrow, I don't see the need to introduce her with The Joker, you can just have some allusions within her story.

I thought it was a wonderful nod! My gf and I were giddy with joy hearing her voice. Truth be told however, I hope that's all it ever becomes: I think just that one moment of seeing her there would be for the best. I'm really not for the New 52 and if they go that route they'll more than likely build a romance between her and Deadshot and that's just... *shivers* No. Not for me, especially being a huge Batman/Joker fan.

I can respect they want to introduce a new character and that it would make sense given that she's new in the new Suicide Squad, but for me at least I just like her solo or just within the universe of Batman and being with the Joker.

I'd be perfectly content if she never appears again. It was a very well done nod. But they could have a lot of fun with her, if they decide to bring her back in later seasons.

lp3we0o.jpg

keJMLhx.jpg

jgcumPs.jpg

xbuErTa.jpg

LsubzS9.jpg

IYCKPBf.jpg

Xcf3Qqu.jpg

Giy8AjE.png

I hope Harley returns, she's basically the Joker's Ex-GF in the New 52. Her past can be vaguely explained (My BF did a number on me) and just leave it at that. Her and Deadshot are staples of the Suicide Squad, King Shark too but I can see why he won't be used in Arrow.

New 52 Harley is way better than how she was used in the past.

I thought it was a wonderful nod! My gf and I were giddy with joy hearing her voice. Truth be told however, I hope that's all it ever becomes: I think just that one moment of seeing her there would be for the best. I'm really not for the New 52 and if they go that route they'll more than likely build a romance between her and Deadshot and that's just... *shivers* No. Not for me, especially being a huge Batman/Joker fan.

I can respect they want to introduce a new character and that it would make sense given that she's new in the new Suicide Squad, but for me at least I just like her solo or just within the universe of Batman and being with the Joker.

I just think she is such a fun character and is unlikely to appear in a Batman movie any time soon, so getting to see her on Arrow would be the next best thing and she would fit in well with the world they have created IMO.

I'd be perfectly content if she never appears again. It was a very well done nod. But they could have a lot of fun with her, if they decide to bring her back in later seasons.

lp3we0o.jpg

keJMLhx.jpg

jgcumPs.jpg

xbuErTa.jpg

LsubzS9.jpg

IYCKPBf.jpg

Xcf3Qqu.jpg

Giy8AjE.png
Those pages where she asks Ollie to shoot into her gun barrel... :lmao:

It always made me laugh how harley started out fully covered head to toe then lost half her clothing.

I would totally be here for a one off with Harley fighting Ollie just like in that scan but her escaping and saying she is going back to Gotham

lp3we0o.jpg

keJMLhx.jpg

jgcumPs.jpg

xbuErTa.jpg

LsubzS9.jpg

IYCKPBf.jpg

Xcf3Qqu.jpg

Giy8AjE.png
What comic is this from? I need it. I like the art.

it's from the injustice series based on the game
if i remember correctly it's from the first annual

The last Page is from the Annual. Everything else is from issue 5 of the Injustice comic.

Hmm... that's attention to detail. Makes me wonder what might've been cut since they wouldn't have done her skin makeup if we weren't going to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"