Harley Quinn

The Lazarus Pit

The Boy Wonder
Reaction score
How would you approach this character in the trilogy? Should they even attempt it? Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of Margot Robbie’s Harley in terms of performance (the weird accent) and characterization. I would like to see a proper Joker/Harley onscreen, and would be open to a recast. Margot Robbie got 3 films, I’d like to see someone else in the role.

It also looks like Joker 2 may be adding Lady Gaga as Harley (very interesting choice). Rooney Mara is also rumored for the role in the Joker sequel. I’d be open to 3 Harley Quinn’s. The character is popular enough to sustain it.

1. DCEU Harley (Margot Robbie)
2. JOKER Harley (Lady Gaga? Rooney Mara?)
3. THE BATMAN Harley (???)

A9F46ABD-74E1-4A3B-AD7E-F6532C413846.jpeg

If she had to appear, I'm all for casting a different actress. People talk about Robbie like she's the only actress who could do the role, which is ridiculous.

One name I'll toss out there is Sidney Sweeney (Euphoria, The White Lotus). I think she's on the cusp of becoming a star.

tumblr_pdxrrvm9E91v5c5fdo5_400.jpg

I like Juno Temple for Harley! She reminded me a bit of Harley in “Only Lovers Left Alive”

I like Riley Keough

8eef7a6f844e49edf1c4defbe13b209aecff2e9b.gif

and Amanda Seyfried for the role too

5Xy6.gif

Another actress that comes to mind is Julia Garner. I've always found something about her to be a bit off kilter. She reminds me of the type of actress who would play a gangster's moll in a movie from the 30's.

4280417-hairstyles-for-curly-hair-.jpg

6xyr70a0isg51.jpg

I think you’re more likely to see Harley Quinn in a Joker sequel than see her in The Batman trilogy.

I'd like to see her in an Arkham movie spin-off, have her be an actual psychologist for a season or so before Joker gets a hold of her.

But If I had just three films and the two spin-offs we know about I wouldn't bother with it.

I like Juno Temple for Harley! She reminded me a bit of Harley in “Only Lovers Left Alive”

I like Riley Keough

8eef7a6f844e49edf1c4defbe13b209aecff2e9b.gif

and Amanda Seyfried for the role too

5Xy6.gif

I'm thinking Seyfried might be a bit too old by the time she would make her appearance.

It seems inevitable the character will show up if the universe is to be as expansive as rumored.

I' m not sure I'd want to see Harley in a possible trilogy here, but it might work. Back in the Nolan days, I supported Kristen Bell as Harley. She played a character in Heroes which convinced me back then. But Juno Temple and Amanda Seyfried are good suggestions.

I’m fine with Margot’s Harley and I’m a fan of the animated series, but I don’t have any interest in her being in this world. I don’t feel like I’ve ever seen a successful live action Joker that would make sense with Harley.

Last edited:
I’m fine with Margot’s Harley and I’m a fan of the animated series, but I don’t have any interest in here being in this world. I don’t feel like I’ve ever seen a successful live action Joker that would make sense with Harley.
Tbf I'd argue Grissom's girl that Jack/Joker has an affair with in 89 is sort of a Harley prototype

If done right, why not? We haven't a good Joker/Harley in live action till now.

Tbf I'd argue Grissom's girl that Jack/Joker has an affair with in 89 is sort of a Harley prototype
I’d say you’re right. But I think this woman being trapped in this situation with a madman who’s scarring her face and will probably kill her if she tries to escape is still askew from any legit Harley/Joker relationship. It’s hard for me to apply a sexual relationship or even desires to Joker (once he becomes Joker). Even in that move where he’s going after Vicky Vale, I always had the impression that he just wanted to scar her up like Alicia because she’s beautiful.

Harley Quinn should be in Joker 2.

She wouldn't fit in this universe.

To do her character justice she would need to be the main focus.

I have no doubt Matt Reeves would nail her but there would he no time to due so in this story.

Of course she could.

I'm not talking about realism if that's what sounded like.

I'm talking about not enough room for the story to do her justice.

She's would fit perfectly in Joker 2.

Again, I see no reason why she couldn't work in this franchise. You might not get as fully a fleshed out version as you might like, and she won't be the star of the movie, but you could easily include her.

I hate to treat Harley as a hot potato here, but I wouldn't want her in Joker 2. There are so many more interesting routes to go than the toxic relationship one. I just don't see the Arthur Fleck Joker as being suited to having a Harley in the picture. Anyways, why does Harley's story need any more 'justice' or elaboration than any other character, lol.

The whole point of her, initially, was to just stand there and look pretty, and be a vacuous satellite to the Joker's narcissism. Having her be a minor character, a hopeless, side-lined, bootlicking doormat who's fundamentally dependant on a psychopath, and is thus destined for a miserable end is just as credible a take as the more extensive 'sistas are doing it for themselves', anti-hero we've been seeing in more recent years.

In fact it's arguably a better take, most probably, as at least it adheres to the traditional morality tale that crime doesn't pay.

Again, I see no reason why she couldn't work in this franchise. You might not get as fully a fleshed out version as you might like, and she won't be the star of the movie, but you could easily include her.

Yeah that's fair.

I guess it's not that she couldn't work as much as I would prefer a more fleshed out version.

I hate to treat Harley as a hot potato here, but I wouldn't want her in Joker 2. There are so many more interesting routes to go than the toxic relationship one. I just don't see the Arthur Fleck Joker as being suited to having a Harley in the picture. Anyways, why does Harley's story need any more 'justice' or elaboration than any other character, lol.

The whole point of her, initially, was to just stand there and look pretty, and be a vacuous satellite to the Joker's narcissism. Having her be a minor character, a hopeless, side-lined, bootlicking doormat who's fundamentally dependant on a psychopath, and is thus destined for a miserable end is just as credible a take as the more extensive 'sistas are doing it for themselves', anti-hero we've been seeing in more recent years.

In fact it's arguably a better take, most probably, as at least it adheres to the traditional morality tale that crime doesn't pay.

I mean if you don't want to go the anti hero route and just want to stick to the original source it's gonna have to be in a elswords movie not the mainline Batman franchise.

The general audience like the more positive empowering Harley Quinn who eventually breaks free from Jokers influence.

It's also the version Waner Bro's and DC have been pushing relentlessly.

Joker 2 would be the perfect type of elswords tale to have the classic Harley Quinn your referring to.

Arthur Fleck already has a cult of followers.

And I think if you gonna introduce Harley Quinn she needs to have as much focus story importance and character development as Selina Kyle is getting right now.

I'm not saying Harley needs justice more than any other character I'm saying she needs as much everyone else.

With how many characters Matt Reeves is playing with I don't think it would be fair for him or the character of Harley Quinn to force her in to it as well.

We're getting "anti hero" Harley Quinn in the DCEU.

It makes more sense to me to have "doormat" Harley Quinn in the primarily Joker franchise were already getting.

You can focus on the Joker/Harley Quinn realtionship without worrying about Batman Catwoman Jim Gordon Alfred Pennyworth Riddler Oswald Cobblpot any everyone else Matt Reeves will introduce.

Last edited:
If she had to appear, I'm all for casting a different actress. People talk about Robbie like she's the only actress who could do the role, which is ridiculous.

One name I'll toss out there is Sidney Sweeney (Euphoria, The White Lotus). I think she's on the cusp of becoming a star.

tumblr_pdxrrvm9E91v5c5fdo5_400.jpg
I think this choice is very likely.. I can see Julia Garner being cast as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"