Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the deaths were to show how unpredictable and shocking war can be. In real life you don't always get tearful good-byes to the ones you love, sometimes you don't even get to see them go.

But I agree with the epilogue. You could tell she had written it years ago.

That's how I saw the deaths. I think it was important the some of the more major characters got killed in the Battle of Hogwarts. You needed a face for some of the casualties, would have been too cheesy if everyone made it out of the battle a-ok.

I'm sure the movie-version of the battles will be better than the book versions. After all, movies are visual and you know the director is going to read the book and read the script translation and say "Well lets make this more action packed"... I mean what director wouldn't say that?

I'm sure the movie-version of the battles will be better than the book versions. After all, movies are visual and you know the director is going to read the book and read the script translation and say "Well lets make this more action packed"... I mean what director wouldn't say that?

This director would say that, watch Order of the Phoenix, he took all the tension out of the Dementor scene at the begining. He also cut a whole lot of the Ministry action sequence. He's also cut most of the battle at Hogwarts in this movie. Oh wait, there's the attack at the burrow, which actually doesn't make sense because with Harry staying at the burrow, you'd think the Order of the Phoenix would put some enchantments around there to, I don't know, protect Harry, like was done in Deathly Hallows.

Snitchseeker reports via a French Elle magazine article that Clemence Poesy is returning to reprise her Fleur Delacour role for DH. She's already back in England and will begin filming her scenes in ten days.

SOURCE

I'm really looking forward to the trio's black-ops missions into the Ministry and Gringotts. That stuff was badass.
"Today the role of Hermione Granger will be played by Helena Bonham Carter. Enjoy."

Fred!! Why did he have to go?!

Ralph Fiennes, Imelda Staunton, and Jason Isaacs better come back.

He ****ing better. I somehow sat through two and a half hours of the last one(which was trash, imo) and he was only in it for maybe five minutes. What the hell?!:cmad:

^ Hence why he ****ing better come back for Deathly Hallows, he'll finally get decent screentime.

Although Ralph Fiennes in OOTP was perfect, IMO.

"You're a fool, Harry Potter....and you will lose...everything."

I doubt he'll be in this movie much as he's not in the book at all. Voldemort only showed up in the pensieve scenes and they were almost all when he was younger. The only scene, if they kept it, of a current looking Voldemort would be when he applies for the Dark Arts position.

Ralph Fiennes and Jason Isaacs are returning. Fiennes is busy shooting Clash of the Titans and his cameo in Nanny McPhee 2 now before returning to film his role in Part 2 this fall. (I think the writers have switched Voldemort's scenes around for more dramatic impact, as a source mentioned he'll shoot his role for Part 2. And Charity Burbage is cast, so they'll shoot that opening scene.)

Jason Isaacs wasn't initially going to return since his character was in jail, but he actually begged J.K. Rowling about the fate of his character. This was before the final book came out, but she turned towards him and mouthed "You're out. Chapter One." That's when he signed back on.

Imelda Staunton wants to come back as Umbridge and I'm pretty sure she'll be back. One: they've hired someone to play Reg Cattermole and two: Yates loves working with Staunton.

And now more casting announcements:

- Sophie Thompson will play Mafilda Hopkirk (she's recast in the role that Jessica Stevenson voiced in OOTP)
- Matyleok Gibbs will play Auntie Muriel
- Simon McBurney will assumedly voice Kreacher (Timothy Bateson voiced him in OOTP)

This is the greatest movie news in so long!!! I am so happy! I had him pegged as Scrimgeour when I read Half Blood Prince! YES!!!

He's perfect. Now every English actor has been in a HP film.

I think he will play the Dark Wizard Dumbledore was friends with, Grindewald was it?

Grindewald was only seen as an old man when Voldemort killed him. Most of the flash back scenes were when they were young or teens.

I'm really looking forward to the trio's black-ops missions into the Ministry and Gringotts. That stuff was badass.
"Today the role of Hermione Granger will be played by Helena Bonham Carter. Enjoy."

That is going to be awesome :)

I’m sure that Ralph Fiennes will play in Part I. The whole book opened with him, and after that we have one of the coolest action scenes in the series. The seven Potters. There we see Voldemort fly. If they cut that, then for the first time I will be pissed at a HP film.

Is Scrimgeour not in HBP?
Scrimgeour is intro'd in HBP the book. He appears in the prolog where he meets the new English prime minister. He also shares a key scene with Harry in the middle of the book, where Harry realizes he doesn't really like the guy.

It looks like that stuff's been dropped for more essential plotting in the film, though Scrimgeour should at least get a mention.

Well I know he's in the book but I was wondering if they cut him from the 6th movie. Obviously Nighy couldn't play him in DH if the character was already casted in HBP.

Nighly isn't playing Grindelwald, he said he would be playing a "goodie." So my bet it's Scrimgeour.

I would be totally fine with them writing more Scrimgeour parts in Deathly Hallows so that Nighy could have a bigger role. I just don't see him as old Grindewald or Aberforth.

He's perfect. Now every English actor has been in a HP film.
There's still quite a few good English actors (Judi Dench, Ian McKellen) and bad ones (Hugh Grant) that have never been in a HP film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"