Comics Has anybody changed their mind about the "Iron Spidey" suit?

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
This is the absolute very last thread I'm opening on the suit. Ever. I promise.:spidey:

When I first saw it I hated it. Then I saw another picture and I actually started to like it, the design was great...I realised shortly after I was looking at the symbiot suit.

Hated it at 1st sight... then saw 3 big metal arms come out of it... and hated it even more.

Well....I thought it looked absolutely stupid and ugly when I saw the first pic of it online.

Now, I see it in action, and I think it is ugly and pointless. He "glides" as fast as Iron man can fly? Puh-leez.

This suit is the worst Spidey suit ever. The Amazing Bag-Man is better than this crapola.

Hated it when I first saw it, hoped the stupid extra arm things were just part of that pic. They werent. Still hate it now.

Hate the suit! Hate the suit!

I thought it was a joke at first, than thought the extra arms were ******ed, than though gliding was extremely stupid (more so when people kept saying certain species of Spiders glide :rolleyes:) I hate how pointless it is and I hate how once again Joey Q changes his mind based on popular opinion. PAD's hardon for the suit and the new powers doesn't help the situation either

seeing how it's being used, especially with its ability to change its appearance, actually gave me hope. using this suit, Spidey could be elevated to Superman-like levels, which i think he deserves (more than Captain America). him teaming up with Daredevil has always reminded me of when Superman teamed up with Batman, so i've always kinda compared the two.

i like what it can do a lot more than the way it looks. so if "morphs" back to the traditional costume but keeps this suits abilities (except gliding, that looks rediculous with his arms and legs outstretched like some flying squirrel), i'd be pretty happy, methinks.

1 thing Spidey is never supposed to have is "Superman-level" powers. The only thing he should ever have in common w/Supes is the color scheme. As for comparing Cap to Superman, all I can say is "Huh?"

I just want Spider-man to have the regular Spider-man powers he had before he ever ran into the Queen, is that too much to ask?

I was confused when eveyone was complaining. At first I kinda liked it. I guess I still do in a way, but it does not even matter. We all know Spidey will be back in his regular get up before long anyways....

I never really hated the suit. I mean, I don't see a reason to have it persae, but it would make for a badass villian, if someone were to get ahold of it.

PWN3R RANGER said:
I was confused when eveyone was complaining. At first I kinda liked it. I guess I still do in a way, but it does not even matter. We all know Spidey will be back in his regular get up before long anyways....

I dont know about everyone else but for me the amount of complaining I did was due to the rest of the crap that had just happened. If we didnt have the stupid stingers and change of origin to Spider God crap I would have carried on buying Spider-Man as I do know the new costume wont last.

Yeah see before that, I had dropped Amazing Spider-man. #529 being the new costume and civil war tie in, I caved in.

I gave into Marvel's tricks...:(

Im amazed I have bought any Spidey comics apart from USM since the other, I dont really like having gaps in my collection but its the only way to get through to Marvel

Hate isn't a strong enough word to convey the feelings I have on this suit.

Hell no...it's so painfully bad I can't even bring myself to laugh at it.

The suit was "blech" to me since day one, and since I know it's only temporary, it's still "blech" to me now... though it's even more "blechier" with those damn octopus tentacles or whatever the #@#$@ they are...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:(

When I first saw it, I was all like "what the ****?" But it's grown on me. The issue where they introduced it was pretty good. Spidey going out and stopping car jackers, just like the old days.

And besides, I'd be very suprised if this suit lasts past Civil War, so I say just sit back and enjoy the ride.

But the leg/tenticle/waldo things are stupid.

And I like the Spider spats.

It looks better than it did at first simply because the quality level of the art is better, but with that said the design itself is still entirely mediocre. Not the worst Spidey suit ever, but certainly not the best.

Hated it then, hate it even more now that I've seen it in action.

Indeed,my feelings about it has not changed.I still hate it.Poor design.Hype,no bite.

I didn't like it then and given more time and having seen it in action...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I still dislike it.

The first time I actually saw it was in Game Informer, & I hoped like hell they were kidding.

CConn said:
It looks better than it did at first simply because the quality level of the art is better, but with that said the design itself is still entirely mediocre. Not the worst Spidey suit ever, but certainly not the best.

That title remains firmly with Spidey 2099.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"