Comics Has anybody changed their mind about the "Iron Spidey" suit?

I think the majority of those who defend the suit are taken by the novelty of it; I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

The only instance in which I liked the suit is Michael Turner's variant cover for Civil War #3. It looks really great when he does it. But of course, I'd still prefer the classic look.

i'm waiting for a poster to draw a gag cover of the amazing spider-man prefaced with the phrase the invicible iron man's sidekick and spidey saying "OK OK now jm's and bendis have gone TOO FAR!!"

Here's something I really don't understand. He's got the mechanical arms, right? Well...why does he only have three of them? Why didn't they give him four mechanical arms so that all his limbs add up to 8 legs like a real spider? That in particular seems half-assed.

You & about a half-dozen others here. Again, I never noticed b/c the bodysuit was so ugly, why look beyond it?

Knowing that this costume is merely temporary...helps make it all the easier. Knowing that the costume is but a catalyst in bonding Tony Stark and Peter Parker...and with the incoming Civil War miniseries next week...will make things a little more emotional for Peter.

I enjoy the costume, not necessarily by the look, but under the circumstances. Marvel is doing something with Spider-Man instead of "Sandman is on the loose, he's a bad guy again, Spidey must stop Sandman, but Sandman has some kind of extra super sand power now, Spidey must use his intelligence and science skills to stop Sandman's new skill, Pete does...because he's great...and that's the end of the arc. In between MJ cried a bunch about being the wife of Spidey. Aunt May made wheat cakes"

Spider-Man is on the Avengers now. He's part of a team of fellow superheroes now. It only made sense for them to hook him up with a suit that gave him a little extra protection...and who better to build it then Tony F'n Stark. It's Red and Yellow...well, Tony Stark is that much of a freak to do that. It also helps create a rift already between the two. I noticed it when Pete first tried it on.

I like the suit. It's a break and gives us a breather from the same old, same old.

Besides...no one will be talking about new suits, powers, and stingers once Civil War comes out. Soon the anger, hatred, and insanity will be directed toward Spider-Man revealing his identity to the world and Peter Parker will be outted. Then JMS/Quesada will do their big winter Spidey event which, from what I gathered from the articles I've read, are apparently going to fix up Spidey continuity. Then Loeb/Campbell will come onto the ongoing Spidey title scene. And from what I've read in Wizard sounds really interesting and fun.

I'm looking forward to the impending events coming toward Peter Parker. And if Mary Jane happens to get offed in between all of this...then the Comic Book Gods are truly watching over me. :)

I liked it then and like it now, but I don't think I want to see it last too long. I think it's good now, but that it needs to go after Civil War.

SpideyInATree said:
Knowing that this costume is merely temporary...helps make it all the easier. Knowing that the costume is but a catalyst in bonding Tony Stark and Peter Parker...and with the incoming Civil War miniseries next week...will make things a little more emotional for Peter.

I enjoy the costume, not necessarily by the look, but under the circumstances. Marvel is doing something with Spider-Man instead of "Sandman is on the loose, he's a bad guy again, Spidey must stop Sandman, but Sandman has some kind of extra super sand power now, Spidey must use his intelligence and science skills to stop Sandman's new skill, Pete does...because he's great...and that's the end of the arc. In between MJ cried a bunch about being the wife of Spidey. Aunt May made wheat cakes"

Spider-Man is on the Avengers now. He's part of a team of fellow superheroes now. It only made sense for them to hook him up with a suit that gave him a little extra protection...and who better to build it then Tony F'n Stark. It's Red and Yellow...well, Tony Stark is that much of a freak to do that. It also helps create a rift already between the two. I noticed it when Pete first tried it on.

I like the suit. It's a break and gives us a breather from the same old, same old.

Besides...no one will be talking about new suits, powers, and stingers once Civil War comes out. Soon the anger, hatred, and insanity will be directed toward Spider-Man revealing his identity to the world and Peter Parker will be outted. Then JMS/Quesada will do their big winter Spidey event which, from what I gathered from the articles I've read, are apparently going to fix up Spidey continuity. Then Loeb/Campbell will come onto the ongoing Spidey title scene. And from what I've read in Wizard sounds really interesting and fun.

I'm looking forward to the impending events coming toward Peter Parker. And if Mary Jane happens to get offed in between all of this...then the Comic Book Gods are truly watching over me. :)

I like you. You are one level headed fella.

I have no desire to see MJ die but I will be glad when all this nonsense is behind us.

And see? The only thing you could say in defense of the sidekick suit is that it's new!

i can say THIS about the sidekick suit
if anyone ever wondered what a cross between spidey and iron man would look like NOW they know

Chris Wallace said:
And see? The only thing you could say in defense of the sidekick suit is that it's new!

I can't get over that, either! It reminds me of the Simpsons episode about the Malibu Stacy dolls. The company wants to reinvision a doll for the next century, and they simply pu t a hat on her head, and everyoen goes apey trying to get one.

This suit is a fine example of that.

Flonk said:
I like you. You are one level headed fella.

The proof of him being JMS himself is really adding up...

It's All About Novelty! I Once Liked The "electro-blue" Superman For The Very Same Reason.

Chris Wallace said:

Is that toward me or someone else? :confused:

I gave a lot more reasons as to why I enjoy the suit. If you're going to ask people who like it to explain why they like it...and they do...and then you're still not satisfied...then maybe you shouldn't ask for it anymore.

People have differing opinions. Don't go treating people on these boards like outcasts because they don't agree with you.

And Don't Lump Me In With The People Who Do That. And U Said "It Gives Us A Break From The Same Old, Same Old".
"Marvel Is Doing Something With Spider-Man Instead Of (standard Sandman Plot)"
These Are Your Words; I Translate That Into "I Like It B/c It's New".
You Didn't Say, FOR EXAMPLE, "It's A Brilliant Design That Shows The Essence Of The Spider". OR "he looks better in red & gold". Or "Those mechanical spider-legs are just what he needs". That I Would Have Disagreed With, But It Wouldn't Have Led To My Remarks Which Seem To Have Offended You.

Chris why do you have the start of every word in capitals? It gets a bit annoying to read.

Really?
I don't always take the Caps Lock off & that's how it comes out when I don't.

Its really weird, I wouldnt have thought that it'd make a difference when reading but it seems to. Makes me strain my eyes a bit to look at it.

Chris Wallace said:
And Don't Lump Me In With The People Who Do That. And U Said "It Gives Us A Break From The Same Old, Same Old".
"Marvel Is Doing Something With Spider-Man Instead Of (standard Sandman Plot)"
These Are Your Words; I Translate That Into "I Like It B/c It's New".
You Didn't Say, FOR EXAMPLE, "It's A Brilliant Design That Shows The Essence Of The Spider". OR "he looks better in red & gold". Or "Those mechanical spider-legs are just what he needs". That I Would Have Disagreed With, But It Wouldn't Have Led To My Remarks Which Seem To Have Offended You.

And I also said that it makes sense that he gets a new suit. He is part of the Avengers now and one of his teammates happens to be a very smart and wealthy man. Tony is only helping Peter by giving him something that can help better protect him and help his wife and Aunt be a little more at ease.

I also said it's a nice catalyst for the Stark/Cap/Spidey relationship that will be explored in Civil War.

And also because I know it's merely a temporary thing. It's ALWAYS a temporary thing when he gets a new suit.

But you prefered to only see what you wanted to see I suppose. And I wasn't offended. More annoyed by how people wanted an explanation and when they get it...they're still not happy about it and still have to treat people like outcasts.

It just sounds to me like a lot of posters here just want every poster on these Spidey comics forums to say, "I hate JMS, I hate Quesada, 616 Spider-Man is dead, I'm no longer a Spider-Man reader, etc".

I'm sorry for having a differing opinion on certain things.

As ive said before, I think I would have been a hell of a lot more open to the new suit if "The Other" hadnt happened just before it. I havent dropped ASM because of the suit, ive dropped it because of the other.

Saying that though I still hate the writing of Peter just accepting being Tonys lacky and those god awful extra arms on the suit.

1-I never said I hated any of those guys. But I feel they made a bad decision.
2-Civil War, the Avengers, the ties to Iron Man, the fact that you point out it's TEMPORARY-these all still point to one thing; it's new. That still seems to me the central selling point of your defense. Now don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but I previously said that the majority of those who defend the suit are drawn to its novelty. I dislike it becase it's ugly, ill-designed, doesn't conform to the character, (By which I mean, too "techno", too "new school) the legs make no sense to me, & the color scheme-like Spidey's behavior in recent issues-makes him look like Iron Man's sidekick. Spider-Man is too well established to be reduced to such a role. No matter what the circumstances are surrounding it (And I now feel that putting him in the Avengers was a bad idea, too) I'll be glad when it's gone.

Chris Wallace said:
1-I never said I hated any of those guys. But I feel they made a bad decision.
2-Civil War, the Avengers, the ties to Iron Man, the fact that you point out it's TEMPORARY-these all still point to one thing; it's new. That still seems to me the central selling point of your defense. Now don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but I previously said that the majority of those who defend the suit are drawn to its novelty. I dislike it becase it's ugly, ill-designed, doesn't conform to the character, (By which I mean, too "techno", too "new school) the legs make no sense to me, & the color scheme-like Spidey's behavior in recent issues-makes him look like Iron Man's sidekick. Spider-Man is too well established to be reduced to such a role. No matter what the circumstances are surrounding it (And I now feel that putting him in the Avengers was a bad idea, too) I'll be glad when it's gone.

I didn't say you did say you disliked those guys. I just said, "a lot of posters".

It being new is a reason I like it. But I also like that Spider-Man/Peter Parker is finally getting his dues. His fellow heroes, Captain America and Iron Man, are accepting him on the same level as they are on. I love that Spidey is an Avenger and it's well deserved after all the times he's saved lives. And I love that Tony designed the suit for him.

Don't lump all those things into one category because their "new". You seem to want to make it out like I ONLY like the suit because it's new. I like it because it was showing that Spider-Man just isn't IN the Avengers but he's part of a new family now. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's going to be in that family for too long after Civil War. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

And as for fashion sense. I don't get the three legs on the suit either. But the rest of the suit I don't really mind. While you may look at it like Tony Stark is making Peter like his lackey I look at it like Peter is being humble in the prescence of someone that he looks up to. And he does it in regular Peter Parker fashion by using humor and quips. Like calling him "boss" all the time. I think it's funny that he does that, it's almost like a dig on Stark everytime Pete says it.

And I'm sure you'll be glad soon because it'll probably be gone in a few months.

SpideyInATree said:
. His fellow heroes, Captain America and Iron Man, are accepting him on the same level as they are on. I love that Spidey is an Avenger and it's well deserved after all the times he's saved lives. And I love that Tony designed the suit for him.

Unless something has happened in the last few ASM's that I'm not aware of (And I do read previews et al,)...Iron Man does NOT accept Spidey on the same level.....he's clearly written as Tony's underling....

.....if we had consistent characterization, Pete would have shoved that suit down Stark's throat by now......(Fortunately I believe we'll get that Kodak moment in "Civil war")

...as for his role in the Avengers....."Hydra arc = Fantastic"...everything else has been horrid....Pete, within the New Avengers Title, has gone from a guy who quips to keep his mind off the danger he's in and to keep his opponents off balance to a f$%^ Robin Williams wannabe....I don't think he's ever had more than one serious sentence sandwiched in between quips..."I pooped my pants"?...gahhhhh....And I like the New Avengers!! :)...I just can't wait till Spidey's no longer a part of it:up:

jmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"