Has the Skrull race mutated?(in re:"Secret Invasion")

Yeah, that's a fine explanation for why what he tried might have missed Skrulls. But it still completely neglects the Eye of Agamotto, which can see through any illusion on its own and doesn't operate under Strange's magic, so it should've been unaffected.

It see's "shapechanging" as "Illusion?"

(Going to look up the Eye of Agamotto)

Wouldn't anything that's not a being's true form be considered an illusion? The Eye of Agamotto could verify beings' identities, and the identity of a Skrull is a Skrull, no matter what shape they've taken.

It's supposed to see through any lies and disguises, along with a variety of user uses. It's the artifact of a god, after all.

Well, there you go. Shapeshifting ought to count under "disguises," right?

I'm thinking that you both should be correct AS LONG AS THE SKRULL KNOWS it's a skrull.

I'm thinking that you both should be correct AS LONG AS THE SKRULL KNOWS it's a skrull.

That doesn't matter. The Eye was capable of verifying that Nightcrawler was completely human and had no demonic blood even though Nightcrawler himself didn't know anything about his origins.

I think he's referring to the idea of sleeper technology. Like, would the Eye be able to distinguish a Skrull from the person he's impersonating if the Skrull himself has been brainwashed to believe he's that person? Like the Sharon who's not married to Helo on BSG's first season.

I think the answer's yes, the Eye should be able to distinguish them still. It's a magical artifact from an enlightened, godlike figure; shouldn't it have better knowledge of some truths than even the person to whom they apply?

Yes. I mean, it's not a polygraph, after all.

To continue the analogy, Baltar's Cylon detector worked on Boomer even when she didn't know she was a Cylon:word:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"