Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.

Reaction score
So they're rebooting again after last year's failed reboot. Quote below. The last two sentences of the statement pretty much give it away.

“As I mentioned, we’ve now announced the acquisition of Power Rangers. This is really a great statement about where we believe we are in develping our brand blueprint. The fact that we can acquire Power Rangers brand and plug and play that right into our strategy where we activate it in entertainment, motion pictures in the future and then of course across toys and games and consumer products and do so globally. We felt the brand was very under leveraged and undervalued. We feel we can exploit it to a much greater extent and it was a great opportunity to acquire the brand.” – Brian Goldner, Hasbro Inc. CEO

Source: Hasbro – Power Rangers Movies Confirmed for the Future

So let the fan casting and speculation begin!

Just to throw my choices out there, here are my choices for Jason/Tommy (these are interchangeable) as well as Kimberly. Probably won't happen but they are excellent choices though and I can't help but see Jason, Tommy and Kimberly when I watch Cobra Kai.

maxresdefault.jpg

p6mLD.jpg

images

I don't think it'll happen for at least 5-7 years.

LEan into the sci fi more. Homecoming is a great example of making a good blockbuster that is set in the teen years.

Michael Bay presents: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Probably won't happen but they are excellent choices though and I can't help but see Jason, Tommy and Kimberly when I watch Cobra Kai.
Didn't feel that interchangeable. Heck, even from the pics it's obvious who's who. Great series tho.

It's probably good long-term that Hasbro made this acquisition. They are diversifying and branching out more.

The recent movie felt like it was, i felt like it was trying too hard to stay in the town of angel grove, yet feel big scale.

It needs to be set primarily off earth and not an origins story.

The recent movie felt like it was, i felt like it was trying too hard to stay in the town of angel grove, yet feel big scale.

It needs to be set primarily off earth and not an origins story.

For MMPR no that's silly. If they're adapting Lost Galaxy or In Space then cool

For MMPR no that's silly. If they're adapting Lost Galaxy or In Space then cool

Sweet! Time to finally cast for other teams rather than sticking to MMPR. Hopefully that's what Hasbro means by exploiting it to a much greater extent.

Yeah I don't think you need to take it off-earth yet. But you need to make it a lot better than the 2017 movie reboot.

Go epic and do an adaption of the In Space team. I like MMPR but that series has been milked to death!! In Space has better villains (Ecliptor, Astronema, Psycho Rangers) a diverse cast, and a solid setting! Do it!

Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.
So inevitable: GI Joe Army Rangers vs Power Rangers?

Go epic and do an adaption of the In Space team.

Is that the version that had the xover with Ninja Turtles?
Does Hasbro own that license yet? :oldrazz:

Honestly if they are relaunching the movie franchise, I think it would be more interesting at this point to see them create an all new incarnation, all new cast not directly molded off either previous Sentai or Ranger TV version, and fan expectations, of how it's "supposed" to be, which can be the worst.
Another round of - "they got that casting all wrong" - "ethnicity is off by a shade, and the actress should have a bigger second toe " - "suit is to dark and looks like Robo-Iron-Guyver-knight...or whatever small frame of reference you have " - "is that supposed to be a dino or an insect zord, why does it attach to the left shoulder when it should be the right foot" - "I don't remember the villain looking like a cheese-fountain" etc.:funny:
They are never going to match any of the the TV versions actors, characters, Zords, or story, exact.
And fans with expectations looking for it can be unbearable.
As is the - "They should do mystic-pirate-jungle-pinguin-choo-choo version next! ...Why did they skip my:waa: favorite!"
So just create something new anyway, it's what they are doing, and the franchise allows for it.
All new Zords, themes, and character casts, is part of the franchise. It's what it's built on.
Just treat it that way, something we haven't seen, the next TV version all new theme, cast and characters, but with a much bigger movie budget.

a diverse cast...
This!
It's something the franchise has never shied away from, in fact it's one of the few long going franchises that constantly and unapologeticly always went out of their way to embrace it from the go.

Last edited:
Didn't feel that interchangeable. Heck, even from the pics it's obvious who's who. Great series tho.

Well I feel either of them could be a good Jason or Tommy. Both can play both roles.

It's probably good long-term that Hasbro made this acquisition. They are diversifying and branching out more.
Yeah can't wait. I hear that this might be part of some shared universe with Transformers and GI Joe, both of which are rebooted?

Remember the old movie thread...wild times
*sighs*
It's prbly gonna be MMPR again

It will be.

So inevitable: GI Joe Army Rangers vs Power Rangers?

Snake Eyes fighting the Green Ranger would be sick and it can have my money.

Last edited:
Well I feel either of them could be a good Jason or Tommy. Both can play both roles.

Yeah can't wait. I hear that this might be part of some shared universe with Transformers and GI Joe, both of which are rebooted?

Honestly, have no idea what they are doing. I'm not holding my breath on a new cinematic shared universe. Marvel is the only studio so far that has proven they can do it successfully.

Is there really that much excitement for the prospect of another Power Rangers movie relaunch? Granted they weren't part of my childhood, but I've never seen the appeal. Are the PR's really that big a deal? Genuinely curious btw, not trying to upset fans :yay:

They were massive to us 90s kids even though they were a Japanese import. It was the thing to watch after school.

I was never into Power Rangers but I think if they were properly handled the franchise could be successful. That of course requires competence, something in short supply when it comes to toy to movie adaptations that are rarely successful (Transformers not withstanding).

It's like no one can really strike gold with this **** except the ones that seem to truly have a knowledge of love of the material, like the most recent IT, and everything from the damn MCU.

They were massive to us 90s kids even though they were a Japanese import. It was the thing to watch after school.

I remember them being on but I wasn't aware they had that massive a fanbase.

Okay :up:

I remember them being on but I wasn't aware they had that massive a fanbase.

Okay :up:

It was completely new to western audiences

The original MMPR red and black did a special in 1998 doing a retrospective up to 1998. Also they showed the unaired test pilot

[YT]qc6od6lwqUM[/YT]

Is there really that much excitement for the prospect of another Power Rangers movie relaunch? Granted they weren't part of my childhood, but I've never seen the appeal. Are the PR's really that big a deal? Genuinely curious btw, not trying to upset fans :yay:

Not especially for me to be honest. I feel like Power Rangers will never again reach the heights of its popularity in the 1990s outside of nostalgia factor. I'm more excited by Hasbro possibly making some really good toys or collectors items for the franchise.

My other hope is that some cool TV projects can come of it as well. Or even some animation or video games.

I feel like the 2017 movie was totally fumbled. Not so simple to reboot that again.

Honestly, have no idea what they are doing. I'm not holding my breath on a new cinematic shared universe. Marvel is the only studio so far that has proven they can do it successfully.

Toho's Showa Era Kaiju movies say hello

Destroy All Monsters was the original Infinity War

Not especially for me to be honest. I feel like Power Rangers will never again reach the heights of its popularity in the 1990s outside of nostalgia factor. I'm more excited by Hasbro possibly making some really good toys or collectors items for the franchise.

My other hope is that some cool TV projects can come of it as well. Or even some animation or video games.

I feel like the 2017 movie was totally fumbled. Not so simple to reboot that again.

I personally want an animated adaption of the BOOM comics, but I hear Toei was pretty tight on what Saban could or could not do when it came to extra media outside the show...

Im curious to see how much pull Hasbro will be to take from Toei

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"